Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

P. 969 - Lone Star Revolution Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Re: Texas Giant Rehabilitation 2010

Postby OFFice357 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:42 pm

Six Flags just posted a picture of the front of the last Texas Giant train on their website. It looks like the colors of the trains will be black red and blue. You can see the red train in the background. This also confirms that they have all 3 trains on site. From the looks of the building, it appears to be one of the sheds behind the Texas Giant and Music Mill Ampitheater.
http://www.facebook.com/sixflagsovertexas
giant.jpg
Last edited by OFFice357 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:10 pm.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby braztaz » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:54 pm

That's awesome! Loving the black!
Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:30 pm

The image looks over-saturated...or something. :?r

More pictures of the trains don't make me any more excited for the ride though...
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby OFFice357 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:36 pm

^ I'm fairly sure that the cutout filter in Photoshop was used around the car so people couldn't see other things in the building, or just to draw focus on the car.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Funky Cold Medina » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:02 pm

I really like the colors, and it's good to know all trains are on site.
Toro|Krypton|Giant|Maverick|Volcano|Dommy|Dback|Alpengeist|Beast|Griffon
Bojangles' Famous Chicken 'n Biscuits|Facebook|YouTube

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby RoCo » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:46 pm

Digging the seck-say-as-hell black train lead car VERY MUCH! :lover:
"The Internet? Is that thing still around?"

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby CPmillenia94 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:44 pm

texcoaster wrote:
DJeXeL wrote:Actually Gerstlauer has made trains for 10 different woodies however 4 of the 10 are not in operation currently. I personally haven't been on any of their wooden coaster trains so can't comment on what kind of experience they provide.

They are awful rather than awe-ful. I was pretty shocked when I heard that SFOT went with G-trains for their $10mil guinea pig. You'd think that they would go with a company that has a proven crowd-pleasing record and Gerstlauer is not it. Holiday World's Legend ran G-trains initially, I believe, and it's popularity increased once they were replaced with PTCs.
Mega Zeph is the only coaster with G-trains that has ever sat in my top 10.

Having said that, this is not a wood coaster. Gerstlauer also makes steel coaster rolling stock and those seem to be just fine. We'll just have to wait and see.

The gerstlauer trains on wooden coasters usually make wooden coasters rough because of their wheel setup, but custom gerstlauer trains, such as the ones on Mammut at Tripsdrill, ride VERY well because they are designed to suit the track. And these trains are basically for a steel coaster so they should have NO problem and will probably have been the best trains they could have gotten for the ride.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby samisthabomb » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:56 pm

That black train is just plain SEXY! :p I live about 2-3 hours away (depending on traffic), so I'll be riding this quite a few times this year! I just can't wait until they start testing it.
"The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bulls#%t story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it" - Jordan Belfort

Peace ~ Love ~ Roller Coasters

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Postby chadster » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:06 pm

^ you're assuming the line won't be 4 hours long, lol. If I had a guess, even tho the TG will be on the flash pass, they will treat the plat pass like Titan and not allow two in a row.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby samisthabomb » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:17 pm

^Yeah, the line's going to be pretty massive. Sadly, you're probably right about the Platinum Pass ride not allowing you to ride twice in a row. Knowing me, I'll probably wait over and over until I get tired of riding it! I'm going on my birthday, so I'm taking two friends with me. I told them about the renovation and that the line is going to be extremely long, and they were both pretty bummed when they realized they were going to have to wait so long. That is until they saw pictures of The New TG! :p
"The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bulls#%t story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it" - Jordan Belfort

Peace ~ Love ~ Roller Coasters

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!