Intamin 12-Inversion coaster

Awesome!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Nothing beats Cali coasters

Intamin 12-Inversion coaster

Postby chickenbowl » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:49 pm

On Intamin's newly transformed website, I was looking through some of the pictures they have. I found this concept drawing of how a 12-Inversion coaster could be designed.
I really like the design. It is like a mix of a Mega-lite, Fahrenheit, and Colossus.

I thought this was interesting and worth sharing.
Intamin.jpg
Awesome
Last edited by ernierocker on Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:20 pm.
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Hakugei|Skyrush
Lightning Rod|T Express|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: Intamin 12-Inversion coaster

Postby CHILLERLC1 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:53 pm

It's an improvement for a 10 inversion coaster if I could take a corkscrew and roll out.

Jo My Oh!

Postby Jerrykoala2112 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:56 pm

I'm actually glad Intamin went with a -sort of- new layout than Colossus because they could have just easily added 2 more barrel rolls. The layout looks pretty fun (judging from me following it with the mouse) and wouldn't mind if a park like Kentucky Kingdom decided to build it!

What was Jer's last adventure? Drayton Manor - 2012
Check out my SFGAm Music Video - Here

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby tycoonrebel7188 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:10 pm

I agree with Jerrykoala2112, I would love to see this design built in a smaller park. On a side note, when I attempted to go to Intamin's website, I got a temp site that is advertising Musical Carousels, Railroad Tycoon and Ice Skating Rinks. Found it extremely odd that Intamin would completely disable their site while revamping it.
Last edited by tycoonrebel7188 on Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:16 pm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Airtime&Gravity » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:12 pm

It looks like a good design, and a lot better than their 8 and 10 inversion coasters. However, where those have an overuse of barrel rolls, this design seems to have an overuse of corkscrews. From a rider comfort point, corkscrews aren't the best element, and IMO, if a park was to go for the record, a 100% custom design would be the best choice. I know there are only so many different elements a coaster can have, but all the corkscrews seem repetitive just like the barrel rolls on the current designs. I'd still love to see this design get built though, it's just that I think it can be better. Although, considering how compact this ride is, it's great that Intamin went with a new design that didn't just mean adding two more barrel rolls as mentioned in other posts.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby The_Mad_Hatter » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:14 pm

That's where it went! I look forward to exploring it. ;)

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby let1gre » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:44 pm

For my money, if this gets thrown into the Intamin production mix any time in the next few years, it's going to China. I would be thoroughly surprised if it didn't. That aside, I like the layout, but I imagine that the portion from after the loop to before the barrel rolls - the corkscrews - would be pretty uncomfortable and headbangy if it wasn't silky smooth. I do like the Mega-Lite-esque drop and turn and the first two inversions, though. Very different.
ローラーコースター.

Postby beatle11 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:37 pm

I don't see the new website yet either. Still get an under construction page. Very interesting design on that coaster.

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:00 pm

Funny you should post that because I actually have the NL versions of both that (the lift hill version) and a launched version I downloaded a while back. I don't remember who made them or what site I got them from (probably either here or CS), but they are very well done.
Last edited by FeelTheFORCE on Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:02 pm.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby The_Mad_Hatter » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:00 pm

Nice mixture of airtime hills as well. The website still isn't working for me either as well however.

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!