TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Robb & Elissa go to Park City, Utah!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Alpine Coasters and Alpine Slides! Is there any law against counting them as credits?

Not at all. Some people do, some people don't. We draw the line at powered coasters and Alpine Slides/Coasters/BobKarts, but that's just our personal preference. This is nothing wrong with adding them to your list if you want to.

--Robb

Well, not too much to report from our final day in Park City. We decided to have a lazy day and just hang out at the cabin. We skipped out on doing tubing since we were all pretty sore from 2 days of skiing! Even KidTums! Had a nice lunch, and then just hung out! It was awesome!

Good morning! Here is our current view from our cabin! More fresh snow!

Russell has decided the weather was PERFECT for a dip in the hot tub!

"It takes some jumbo sized balls to hot tub in zero degree weather!"

Our next stop... Squatters brew pub!

You walk in and see this wonderful sight!

I think Derek would approve of this festive decoration!

So many beers to choose from!

Russell has the oatmeal stout and Robb tries the apricot.

Wings and beer!

KidTums says "Where's MY beer?"

2nd course - Jambalaya and Pilsner!

Noted!

Squatters was great! Well, the food and the beer was great, the service was kind of A$$, but really its the food and beer that count!

And that wraps up our Winter Vacation! Hopefully something like this will turn into more of an official TPR "off-season" trip if anyone is interest in this kind of thing.

Thanks for reading! Happy New Year!

--Robb

Edited by ernierocker

Robb, do you count the Alpine Coaster as a credit?

We don't, no. But I can see why people do. I mean, they have a lift hill, they run on tubular steel track, and some of them are more thrilling than real coasters! I mean, I count wacky worms, but not this. Makes no sense, not even to me!

--Robb

I don't either, but I see why Jeff does.

I love Alpine Coasters and Alpine Slides! Is there any law against counting them as credits? I know Jeff Johnsons answer, but what about the rest of you?

For me,

Alpine Coasters-yes

Alpine Slides-no

BTW, glad to hear the alpine coaster at Park City still kicks butt. I really enjoyed that one too.

Great trip reports as usual, Robb.

I love Alpine Coasters and Alpine Slides! Is there any law against counting them as credits? I know Jeff Johnsons answer, but what about the rest of you?

For me,

Alpine Coasters-yes

Alpine Slides-no

BTW, glad to hear the alpine coaster at Park City still kicks butt. I really enjoyed that one too.

Great trip reports as usual, Robb.

But isn't La Vibora and Disaster transport really just an oversized Alpine Slide? In which case I would tend to lean toward yes.

It is a conundrum and is making my brain hurt.

Guy "My body says yes, but my brain thinky not!" Koepp

But isn't La Vibora and Disaster transport really just an oversized Alpine Slide?

The big difference is that on those rides you are not in control of the speed. What separates an Alpine Coaster for me is the fact that if I wanted to, I could bring the ride to a complete stop. To me, while a roller coaster is technically controlled chaos, in order for it to count, the rider should have no control over it.

But that's just my personal preference, there are no set rules. I know people who count log flumes...

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

Considering how many parks are getting rid of 'em, count 'em while you can.

What do you mean? Alpine Coasters and slides seem to be on an upswing. I mean, 5 years ago there were almost no Alpine Coasters in the USA and now there are at least 8 of them:

http://www.wiegandslide.com/references-alpine-coaster+M5edef5f48da.html

Great TR as usual, Robb. god..the beer tree; I have got to plant one of those this year

As far as not counting the Alpine Slide as a credit: I would never, nor will I ever, presume to tell people what is a credit or what isnt. I mean, hell, I was in Loma Prieta and I count THAT as a credit...Not saying anyone has told people credit/no credit, either: just my own humble opinion. I'll say this, though. In the days and months I have been recovering from my stroke early this past Feb., I realized that not only is life too short and fragile, we should experience everything we can in the short amount of time we have. I always poo-poo'd log rides, powered coasters, etc. as "uh..seriously?" but from now on, if it's a new experience that wont kill me or give me herpes, I'm counting it. (except for It's A Small World; that ride is the pit of hell)

Glad your trip was awesome and see you in the funny pages!!

Scott

Log rides/Fumes

Haven't quite a few parks removed theirs? Carolwinds and Six Flags over Georgia did unless I misread a few reports.

I'd like to know where you heard SFoG was removing their log flume. It certainly was still there at the tail end of last year...

The thread is about Park City, Utah, not Six Flags Over Georgia. Please stay on topic.

Edited by cfc