TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Don't more people go for rides than water anyways?

Depends on the park and in Kentucky Kingdom's case, no. When I was at KK, Deluge and Mega Wedgie had an hour waits less than fifteen minutes after the park opened. Meanwhile Chang, T2, or Thunder Run didn't pass the five minute mark all day.

Holiday World in my opinion really doesn't have much to offer in the ride department.

So three of the top wooden coasters in the world aren't good enough?

Louisville needs a great water park anyways, it's fun and all to go to an amusement park but sometimes you just want to do something different in the city's summer heat; something more than going to your neighborhood pool and swim. I Love KK's water park and I can't wait to see what they will have in store when the park reveals the 3 structures, hopefully some body slides.

IMO, The reason why Ed is wanting to expand the water park is because that is what Six Flags was intending to do (which I doubt they were going to do). Like he said before, you can't attract many with water rides, etc. Ed wants Kentucky Kingdom to be a ride park, not water, entertainment, etc.

Months ago, Ed said he wants to add a water park expansion for 20 million with an activity pool, 16 slides, etc. He also mention he wanted to add a new coaster for 8-10 million.

Just Last week Ed mention he wanted to add a B&m, so that will cost about 15-20 million. If he wants a B&M he probably decided to make some cuts involving the water park expansion, so it may cost 8-10 million at the moment.

What some of you may or may not know, Kentucky Kingdom has a facebook page up and running. They're also asking for our own opinions from their fans on things they should or should not do, like me expressing my feelings about the front side being closed and no longer being apart of Kentucky Kingdom. Many fans had also mention that we don't really want to see a waterpark expansion, just rides, rides, and more rides.

• 2 weeks later...
^Don't underestimate the draw of water parks.

I couldn't have said it better!

Hopefully Led Zeppelin will somehow improve in the deconstruction, shipping, and reconstruction process cause it was pretty much in my bottom five B&M's when I rode it new!

Did I miss something?????

Hopefully Led Zeppelin will somehow improve in the deconstruction, shipping, and reconstruction process cause it was pretty much in my bottom five B&M's when I rode it new!

Did I miss something?????

I'm just assuming that they're going to pick up some cheap, used B&M...there's one less than 700 miles away!

As much as I was underwhelmed by Led Zep, it just makes too much sense. A bargain-priced, impressive looking, people eating sit-down looper would be a smart play for someone looking to re-spark interest in a park that has been closed for a few years. There certainley isn't anything similar in the area. Only downside is I bet some people will probably think its just Chang with a new name- which is a better problem to have than the gaping hole you would have had otherwise.

btw, The Led Z. has a MASSIVE footprint. It front print is about twice the length as Chang footprint. Their isn't enough room for that coaster. The only place this coaster can fit is behind T2, but that area will be used for the parking lot.

Granted, the sizing may not be just right, but it seems like Led Zeppelin would fit nicely in Chang's old spot.

kk.jpg.3c06bcdf67000a330c68d50e4c2a34e1.jpg

I'm hoping for the removal of the Thrill Karts. When the park was in operation, I hardly ever saw them running. When they were, it appeared most riders just hopped in and started driving without paying for a ticket.

Seems like a waste of valuable money and space...

And while I'm not particularly fond of the idea of LZ coming to Kentucky Kingdom, I can't think of any other/better B&M they could get their hands on for less than $10 million (the price Ed announced he was planning to spend on a new coaster).

I do hope Led Z does get built again somewhere, I'd hate to see such a large coaster rot after such a short life. Actually I can see a large appeal for LZ for one reason: The Audio. It makes sense, a large coaster, used, but with a special feature like that, make it a likely purchase.

I wonder where the rollerskater is going...it seems like a ride that would sold quickly to a small park. As for the two Permier Fail-types, I don't see them going any park.... With the lawsuits on the ride vehicles for one, and CRAPacity on the other, there future seems bleak...

As different as those rides were, I don't think any parks really would want them...