The Bag-Of-Crap Giveaway Thread!

Tonight's contest has ended. Thanks for playing!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: The Random Bag-Of-Crap Giveaway Thread!

Postby DougMJr » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:45 pm

Clue #1 Time = "The roller coaster of tomorrow has arrived, and it's only at Opryland," said Julio Pierpaoli, the park's general manager. -From press release

http://www.rcdb.com/pt/4562.htm?dt=126&d=77

Clue #2 Expired = Defunct
Clue #3 Houdini = Houdini first performed at Opryland

http://aronhoudini0.tripod.com/id2.html

Clue #4 Athens = Nashville is sometimes called "Athens of the South"

http://nashville.about.com/od/historyandsites/a/NashHistXline2.htm

Clue #5 Aerosmith = Rock 'n' Rollercoaster (themed by Aerosmith at Disney), Coaster by the same name. Defunct at same park.

http://rcdb.com/166.htm

Clue #6: Mickey = Rock 'n' Rollercoaster is also a name of a ride found at WDW
Clue #7: Boomerang = Same Manufacturer, Vekoma
Clue #8: Parthenon = The Parthenon stands proudly as the centerpiece of Centennial Park, Nashville's premier urban park.

http://www.nashville.gov/parthenon/

Clue #9: Enclose = It was an enclosed rollercoaster.

Clue #10: Closed = The park and the coaster are now closed.

http://rcdb.com/4562.htm

Clue #11: Mall = Closed and Mall built in place (ironically closed by flooding.

http://www.simon.com/mall/oprymills/default.aspx

Clue #12 Flooded = Operyland got Flooded in 1975

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opryland_USA#1970s

*This was a lot of fun, will participate again.*
Last edited by DougMJr on Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:26 am.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby beatle11 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:47 pm

Funny thing is, the Opry Mills Mall that was built on the property after the park closed is now currently closed because of flooding it sustained during the 2010 Tennessee Floods in May. The park had been flooded in 1975 as previously mentioned.
Last edited by beatle11 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:49 pm.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby coasterguy4 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:48 pm

Parthenon- There is a Parthenon Ave. in Nashville, the city that Opryland was located in.
WCB 08.09.10.11.12

Proctoligist of Scooby Doo

Postby ScottBrown » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:58 pm

Clue #1 Time - It was called the roller coaster of tomorrow and featured projections of a clock shattering, time portals, and a digital clock and it was probably one of the most unique coasters of its time
Clue #2 Expired - Opryland is no longer in existence and the Chaos coaster has been scrapped its time had "expired"
Clue #3 Houdini - Aron Houdini first performed at the Opryland Theme Park there is also someone known as "little Houdini" in the Nashville area as well
Clue #4 Athens - Nashville is refered to as the Athens of the south
Clue #5 Aerosmith - Theme from the rockin roller coaster at WDW Opryland also had a coaster by the same name
Clue #6: Mickey - Rockin Roller Coaster could be found at Opryland and is also a Disney ride and Mickey is Disney's main character
Clue #7: Boomerang - A popular Vekoma coaster the same manufacturer as Chaos
Clue #8: Parthenon - There is a replica of the Parthenon in Nashville
Clue #9: Enclose - The roller coaster was enclosed
Clue #10: Closed - The roller coaster closed with the park in 1997
Clue #11: Mall - Opryland USA closed to make way for the Opry Mills mall
Clue #12 Flooded - The park flooded in 1975 and the area the park once was flooded again this year and is still has not fully recovered
Last edited by ScottBrown on Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:06 am.

Postby ernierocker » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:01 am

Keep it coming everyone! I will accept guesses up until noon tomorrow (U.S Eastern standard time)

Postby ernierocker » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:33 am

Congrats to ScottBrown for winning the second Bag-Of-Crap! He correctly associated each clue with the correct coaster.

Please PM me your mailing address so we can get that sent out to you!

Here is a rundown of each clue and how it referred to Chaos:

Clue #1: Time

Several clocks could be found in the queue as well as projected throughout the ride. A recording of a woman's voice was played over and over in the queue telling those waiting that their "Time was running Out".

Clue #2: Expired

This refers to Chaos and Opryland now being closed and long gone.

Clue #3: Houdini

This simply refers to the Houdini rides at SFNE and SFGADv which were made by Vekoma. Vekoma built and designed Chaos.

Clue #4: Athens

Nashville is known as the "Athens of the south". Opryland was in Nashville.

Clue #5: Aerosmith

This is a double meaning. This refers to the Rock N' Roller coaster at Disney Hollywood Studios (which was built by Vekoma) and the one that was at Opryland with the same name.

Clue #6: Mickey

This was just to further connect the Aerosmith clue to the Rock N' Roller Coaster which was built by Vekoma.

Clue #7: Boomerang

You guessed it, another Vekoma created ride.

Clue #8: Parthenon

This is another reference to Nashville, where the Parthenon can be found in Centennial Park located in the city.

Clue #9: Enclose

Chaos was completely enclosed in a building.

Clue #10: Closed

Opryland has been closed since 1997.

Clue #11: Mall

A mall called Opry Mills was built at the former park's location.

Clue #12: Flooded

The park was flooded in 1975. The Opryland complex was also recently flooded last year where the mall and hotel were closed for several months.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:50 am

I only ever rode Chaos once, and it was a long time inbetween that and Revolution at Bobbejaanland. It sounds like at one point they were both the exact same ride, with the clocks and everything. Does anyone know if these two rides are clones? I know they changed the film in 2008, but the ride was still awesome!

Postby ernierocker » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:11 am

robbalvey wrote:I only ever rode Chaos once, and it was a long time inbetween that and Revolution at Bobbejaanland. It sounds like at one point they were both the exact same ride, with the clocks and everything. Does anyone know if these two rides are clones? I know they changed the film in 2008, but the ride was still awesome!

According to rcdb (which we know isn't always accurate), Chaos was 2600 ft. while Revolution is 2300 ft.

Chaos was such a simple ride from a design standpoint, but when you added in all the projections, special effects and LASERS!! it was a fantastic ride. By the end of the ride's lifetime, most of the special effects on the ride had been removed or just didn't simply work anymore. The only effect left was some kind of weird animatronic dragon/monster thing near the end.

Postby ernierocker » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:49 pm

Hey guys,

It is time for another Bag-Of-Crap Giveaway! Here is how this one will work:

I have changed or added links to different places on the TPR Forum and the TPR Facebook Page. I will post photos that will be clues as to where the link is located. There is a catch though. Some of the links are false links or dead ends. Think of this like one of those Choose Your Own Adventure books. If you choose the wrong path, you will get a photo that is a dead end. Here is an example of how one will look:

If you find a photo that looks like the picture above, you have reached a dead end.

To win the Bag-Of-Crap, you will have to earn the most points. There will be four rounds before the Final Round. Each round will have a "dead-end" photo and a "right-path" photo. You get two points for finding the right-path one and one point for finding the dead-end one. To earn the points you need to be the first one to post the photo in this thread.

You will also be able to earn bonus points for how well you figure out what each clue means. Like the "Where in the World is Robb and Elissa" game you must show your work. You can't just blurt out park or ride names. If you find a link, you must explain how you found it.

Confusing enough? It should become more clear once we get started. So here it goes!
Round 1 Clue #1.jpg
Round #1 Clue #1

I eat bugs.

Postby deathbydinn » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:03 pm

Your Club TPR banner leads to the dead end photo.

Edit: I found it because the photo is taken beneath the road, so I thought the picture would be somewhere beneath your post with the post symbolizing the road.
Last edited by deathbydinn on Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:08 pm.

Add me on Simpsons Tapped Out - jongrundl

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!