TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

Busch sent us a video and there was a launch was right after the next drop as I remember, so that's one, I guess 90-100 foot drop int a LAUNCH. this might be the new world's fastest roller coaster with added acceleration at the bottom of a drop.

That was just the editing, all that first trench is in real life is a straight run under a pedestrian bridge.

I'm headed the BGT tommorow so I'll post some construction pictures. Also is the Mountu tour worth the $19.95? This will be my first BGT trip, and probably my only for a while.

Check out my trip report from the backstage tour, it's definitely worth it.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54424&p=951413#p951413

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has sent us a press release regarding their upcoming year, including Cheetah Hunt, the popular Bands, Brew & BBQ, Viva La Musica and more.

Big names in country, Latin, contemporary Christian and classic rock, plus a NEW extreme sports series and Florida’s first triple launch coaster are coming to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay in 2011. It’s the biggest lineup yet with country and classic rock legends at Bands, Brew & BBQ, Viva La Música’s chart-topping salsa and meringue, a new breed of speed on Cheetah Hunt, Glory at the Gardens’ contemporary Christian music and Ramp Jam – a brand-new event featuring BMX, skateboarding and in-line skating by some of the sport’s top athletes.

Can’t decide which event to attend? With a 2011 Fun Card, you can pay for a day and come back all year to catch them all! It’s the best value for again-and-again access to all of the amazing animal encounters, world-class thrill rides, exciting big-name entertainment and family adventure Busch Gardens has to offer.

NEW! A New Breed of Speed is Coming in Spring 2011

Busch Gardens’ new mega-attraction brings guests face-to-face with the world’s fastest land animals, then invites them to race across the Serengeti on Cheetah Hunt – a one-of-a-kind launch coaster.

Memorable Music Gets Your Toes Tapping at Real Music

The Real Music Concert Series presents notable names from music’s most memorable eras. From sock-hop era idols to swingin’ big bands, the lineup features something for everyone:

Jan. 19–22 The Terry Myers Orchestra with The Swing Sisters

Jan. 26–29 The Tommy Dorsey Orchestra

Jan. 2–5 Debbie Reynolds

Jan. 9–12 Paul Revere and The Raiders

Feb.16–19 The Ventures

Feb. 23–26 Herman’s Hermits Starring Peter Noone

March 2–5 The 5th Dimension

March 9–12 The Osmond Brothers

March 16–19 Tony Orlando

March 23–26 Charo

Blazing BBQ and Award-Winning Musicians Cook Up Band Brew & BBQ

Bands, Brew & BBQ offers four weekends of smokin’ hot fun. Enjoy sizzling live performances from award-winning country and classic rock artists, sample dozens of craft and international beers and fire up your taste buds with food from your favorite local restaurants as well our own famous, blazing barbecue.

Sundays at Busch Gardens

Feb. 13 Blondie

Feb. 20 Joan Jett & The Blackhearts

Feb. 27 The Commodores & The Pointer Sisters

March 6 Travis Tritt & The Charlie Daniels Band

Saturdays at SeaWorld

Feb. 12 Huey Lewis & The News

Feb. 19 Willie Nelson

Feb. 26 REO Speedwagon

March 5 Josh Turner

Get on Your Feet for Viva La Música

Join the fiesta every weekend, March 13 through April 2, when Grammy and Latin Grammy-award winning acts perform salsa, merengue, reggaeton and more for Viva La Música.

Sundays Busch Gardens

March 13 Elvis Crespo

March 20 Jose Alberto “El Canario”

March 27 Angel Y Khris

April 3 Ismael Miranda

Saturdays at SeaWorld

March 12 Chino Y Nacho

March 19 Manny Manuel

March 26 Jerry Rivera

April 2 Edniya Nazario

NEW! Pro Athletes Amp Up at Ramp Jam

This April, the ASA Action Sports World Tour amps up the excitement at Busch Gardens with the world’s best pro skateboarders, BMX riders and inline skaters shreddin’ a 14’ tall half-pipe. Live local bands, great food, the latest surf and skate gear complete the festival April 9-10 and 16-17.

Glory at the Gardens Brings Music and Fellowship

Top acts in contemporary Christian, Gospel and Christian rock take the stage at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay select dates in May for Glory at the Gardens – a festival full of music and fellowship. Stay tuned for artist reveals and more details.

The 2011 Busch Gardens Fun Card is valid from the date of purchase through Dec. 31, 2011 and is available at the Busch Gardens’ front gate, online or by calling (888) 800-5447. Event dates, times and artists are subject to change. Performances are included with any daily admission or annual pass. Visit BuschGardens.com for more information.

^^^

Awesome... last year, we missed Charo by one day... glad she is back... and she will be there on days which I'm typically off from work... Beer... roller coasters... Charo... FUN!!!...

Oh... and Blondie and Joan Jett both would be fun to see as well... too bad I work on Sundays...

Alright Guys I just got back from BGT. It was great The backstage tour was awesome, I got some great views of Cheetah Hunt. I'll try to post the construction pics as soon as I find out how. (It's a new camera that I just got yesterday)

The coolest thing about these concerts is that they start right after you gorge yourself with the BBQ,I especially like the one at Sea World which is a buffet with pretty much everything you could ever want in a BBQ buffet.In Tampa it's different,no buffet but they have 6-7 different stands that sell BBQ from different regions known for BBQ.I've been the last two years to the Sea World one,two years ago it was great,Hall and Oates in concert and the entire pavillions area packed with people,this year it was like 40 degrees and wet and some weird crappy group called Yes that ended up having to play indoors due to the weather.At Busch Gardens this year was awesome,Pat Benatar and excellent weather,the only negative was Gwazi beating the hell out of me,it was around this time I started realizing how rough this ride has gotten.

Alright Guys I just got back from BGT. It was great The backstage tour was awesome, I got some great views of Cheetah Hunt. I'll try to post the construction pics as soon as I find out how. (It's a new camera that I just got yesterday)

Looking forward to seeing what's been done in the last week! Can't wait to get back myself.

Alright as I promised I'd post the construction pictures. I'm heading back tomorrow and will try to get any angles you guy's want along with the track behind rhino rally.

ADMIN EDIT: I've uploaded your photos to the site. Thanks for taking and sharing them. Cheetah Hunt is looking great!

Chuck

BGTpart1041.jpg.13c30f331ef004b074ddf2bfc19a7a5c.jpg

BGTpart1043.jpg.f9b145d65adf62f7fae5714b9c9fef4a.jpg

BGTpart1046.jpg.2b4f0f928462ae7eeb14ab4475e059fd.jpg

BGTpart1047.jpg.304ca077bdbde959fdbd787c88fb0e9c.jpg

BGTpart1048.jpg.c8f7378a235cf95505ad69c100892a1b.jpg

BGTpart1050.jpg.77feeabe2cdd3f0bc3a595c310ab4f80.jpg

BGTpart1051.jpg.7ef930cc169f22f7da08e5d76001968b.jpg

BGTpart1052.jpg.cdf9fbcb87ba4872a8f5ed3777caa381.jpg

BGTpart1057.jpg.d873c01c7a8e6c16e6a4e6f7607ce4b2.jpg

BGTpart1059.jpg.0629fd5b078c072d0f7a369302244ad2.jpg

BGTpart1061.jpg.f34dceef2af91e5659511f8e1e715d18.jpg