TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Studios Singapore Discussion Thread

any updates on the madagascar ride and transformers ride?

Genting released their Q3 results recently and also mentioned vague schedules for USS attractions:

Mid 2011

Battlestar Galactica: Human

Battlestar Galactica: Cylon

Madagascar: A Crate Adventure

Late 2011

Transformers

Greg took a video of Madagascar, unfortunately it still looks like a mess and major construction is still ongoing.

In other news, all Annual Passholders received 90-day extension. This was announced back in October, for all passes purchased before a certain date.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I was at the park today and saw workers painting the Human section of BSG.

What I don't understand is, why bother painting now? Assuming the ride does have to be re-certified - which, according to rumours, only possible after 6000 test cycles - wouldn't the paint wear off even more and need to be repainted again? By logic/common sense, "touching up" (what RWS announced on their Facebook page) should be the final thing to do. Unless this means that the ride can reopen after repainting, which... also doesn't make any sense anyway.

It also bothers me that they are only re-painting the Human section. What might this mean? The Cylon side is testing at night? The peeling paint look is part of the Cylon's psyche? Blue paint lasts longer? Forgot to order??

I also noticed something - the ride info board has been redesigned - it does look better and uniform with the layouts used for other rides in USS. Not sure when this exactly happened though.

I posted some photos of christmas deco inside Universal Studios Singapore hollywood and new york here (LINK REMOVED). please take a look. enjoy

ADMIN EDIT: Although we appreciate you sharing this relevant information with us, I do have to remove you link to an outside website, as you have not yet made fifty legitimate posts to be allowed to do so, as dictated by our Terms of Service.

Edited by jedimaster1227

was at the park on 26 nov and it was extremely crowded! not much new stuff going on at madagascar crate adventure, can only see the queue area, and transformer attraction entrance was per normal.

hollywood and new york area were decked with christmas deco and christmas music was played. there is also a christmas tree in front of lake hollywood. the only thing that is disappointing is that there isn't any christmas merchandise.

ADMIN EDIT: Link removed. You must have 50 posts before linking to your own Web site or blog as per our Terms of Service. This is your second, and most likely final warning. Do not post this again.

Chuck

Edited by cfc

• 2 weeks later...
Can I ask a question about the Mummy ride in Singapore?

Does your Mummy ride launch hill have a strong pull on it? Or does it kind of lag in true speed when your on the launch hill?

There is a strong pull but like all magnetic launch rides, the car reaches top speed about 1/2 way up on the hill.

I've recently been on a backstage tour of the Singapore RoTM, if you've got any questions feel free to ask away

Does your Mummy ride launch hill have a strong pull on it? Or does it kind of lag in true speed when your on the launch hill?

There is a strong pull but like all magnetic launch rides, the car reaches top speed about 1/2 way up on the hill.

I've recently been on a backstage tour of the Singapore RoTM, if you've got any questions feel free to ask away

Sure, I have tones of questions about the Singapore Mummy's performance. Reason why I ask is because the launch of the Florida version has gone down a great deal. Not sure why, but the launches aren't nearly as fast as they use to be.

Does the launch on the Singapore Mummy give you a strong pull on the launch hill? Or does it kind of feel as if it's struggling to pull you up?

Sure, I have tones of questions about the Singapore Mummy's performance. Reason why I ask is because the launch of the Florida version has gone down a great deal. Not sure why, but the launches aren't nearly as fast as they use to be.

Does the launch on the Singapore Mummy give you a strong pull on the launch hill? Or does it kind of feel as if it's struggling to pull you up?

Dude, I'm pretty sure he just answered your question.

I've not been to USF so I can't really compare, but it is strong enough to "push" riders back towards the seat/head-rest. In my opinion, it IS a strong pull (though not as violent as Battlestar Galactica, haha)

Interestingly, I've watched some ride videos over the past few years of the Florida version and realized that the LIMs in Singapore make a noticeable loud hum. Not sure if it's the cameras, does the Florida version make such noises? (Most apparent at the backward pull, and of course the launch hill)

Well, I guess the Florida ride is built in 2004 and might be showing it's age. Hopefully it's due for a refurb soon.

I was at the park last night for After Hours. After a few months, this programme is getting very popular. For just S$5 (USD3.80) you get to explore some zones in park (from 7-10pm) and watch Lake Hollywood Spectacular at 9:30pm.

Update: Battlestar Galactica

Seems like the paint-job has been COMPLETED! RWS announced on their official Facebook page that from today, Battlestar Galactica will be starting day-time test cycles. It appears that they will be on track for reopening in early 2011.

I'll be at the park sometime this week for photos, a lil' curious about the "updated" seat design.

Yes. I figured if it pushed you back into your seat, then it operates at top performance. The Florida version no longer does this anymore. Back when I rode it in 2005, you heard the LIM's slightly jerked the train when he said "Your Souls". Once he got to the word "MINE", the train trusted up to 40 mph pushing you back into your seat. Now it lags in power and feels as if your going up a slightly faster mall escalator.

That's all I wanted to know.

Yes. I figured if it pushed you back into your seat, then it operates at top performance. The Florida version no longer does this anymore. Back when I rode it in 2005, you heard the LIM's slightly jerked the train when he said "Your Souls". Once he got to the word "MINE", the train trusted up to 40 mph pushing you back into your seat. Now it lags in power and feels as if your going up a slightly faster mall escalator.

I rode it about a week ago and it didn't seem as slow as you'd like to make it out to be.

Was it as forceful as always? I can't say for sure. Did I get some nice pops of air at the top of the hill? Why yes, yes I did.

With WWoHP, it is nice to see Universal really putting some money into the things that have needed fixing for some time. New paint in Seuss, the lighting package at the Hulk. I will say it was a little disappointing to ride MiB without a 2nd car to go against... but that is more of a staffing thing...

I just hope they can capitalize on the momentum they've got going and really bring their park back to what it seemingly was, a real threat to the 'older' Disney crowd instead of becoming a Six Flags....

Alright. I've uploaded a segment of my ride recording if you're curious about the LIM noise (and other SFX changes) in Singapore. After "Behold your fate!" is the moment where the car leaves the turntable and moves onto the bottom of the launch hill.

RoTM_SingaporeLaunch_dejiki.mp3

Ride Audio Recording: RoTM Singapore

Also, here's a photo of the top of the lift hill (showing the array of motors) with the giant skull created by Adirondack Studios. There's really nothing at the launch hill in Singapore except for this prop, unlike in Florida where the hill is designed to be cave-like as seen here.

Thank you for posting this. I want to say it's sounds similar to the Florida version. But the way you described it, made it sound like it was launching at top performance. Hmmmm, now you got me thinking. Maybe when I first rode it back in 2005, it was just a hit or miss. Maybe they just had it launching at top performance. And sense it has been 5 years sense then, technicians have done all types of stuff to it. So that pretty much answers it.

By the way, how is Battle Star Galactica doing?

Battlestar Galactica Update

The park has started daytime testing for Battlestar Galactica. This is currently for Cylon side only (although the RIDE TESTING signs are placed at both attractions) and according to the crew member, test cycles will only be conducted in the afternoon. Just like back in March, there are growing crowds in the Sci-Fi City zone, all dazzled by the movement of the ride vehicles. The signature shrill launch noise is still there, though it seems to be, as much as I could recall, not as loud as several months ago.

There seems to be a lengthy affair between each test cycle, and the speakers in the ride queue will announce something like "This attraction will be commencing its test cycle, please stay clear of the ride path now" or something like that.

Here are some photos, I'm not really sure what has been modified for the ride vehicles, or even all that mummified test dummies and duct tape thingamajig on the OTSRs are done for ride testing elsewhere, could the experts please step in?

Edited by digimax