Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

P. 969 - Lone Star Revolution Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 13 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Re: Texas Giant Rehabilitation 2010

Postby Ejectorbater » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:32 am

Okay, so I have been a long time observer and have never posted. However, with some time off for the holidays, I have decided to take the few minutes to register so I could comment on the construction of TG2. I do not live close by SFOT but this ride is going to force me to make a trip back down to Texas. Wow! All the new elements, the big drop, and smooth sexy track are a big turn on. This and Cheetah hun are the two most interesting projects I see transpiring over the winter. Its not even close. I hope the experience is as sexy as the aesthetics. Congrats SFOT, this looks to be a winner: )
Hello TPR members

Fresh and new. But still a GIANT IDIOT.

Postby coastercrutchfield » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:40 am

Okay, here is the construction video. And of coarse, the footage from the train was taken with permission.

Jo My Oh!

Postby Jerrykoala2112 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:31 pm

^I'm loving the description of Texas Giant that the train operator gives.

I'm very happy that I got to ride Texas Giant back in 2008, I actually liked it. But looking at this, Mamma Mia!!! This thing looks like a total behemoth next to the midway, and that drop is still jaw-dropping! Still hoping they don't trim it, but I can't change that! The sad thing, I probably won't get a chance to ride this in the next 5 years...

What was Jer's last adventure? Drayton Manor - 2012
Check out my SFGAm Music Video - Here

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby RandallDuell » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:38 pm

Thanks for that video, definitely cool "seeing" it via video, rather than just looking at pictures!

This thing really does look like a pipe dream from some coaster nerd somewhere, incredible that it's actually being done....and will be opening in the next several months! Certainly hope it goes smoothly, as (as has been stated here many times) it would be nice to breath life into many OTHER "worn out" wood coasters around the country/globe!

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby Zingoman » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:47 pm

chadster wrote:So what's at SFOT that would justify Bert the Conqueror filming for two days this week? Judge Roy Scream? Titan? Superman Power of Tower? Batman and Mr Freeze are down so that can't be it, I'm at a loss on this one other than Titan and Superman. Maybe Yosemite Sam?

Titan was filmed today, and yes Mr. Freeze is being filmed tomorrow. The park is putting the trains back on the track for the show. SFOT really does deliver services for special occasions. This shows it. Superman would be a pretty good candidate for the show though considering he did WAAAAAAY smaller S&S rides before, like at Canobie Lake.

Maybe next year he'll come out for Giant! I'd LOOOOOOOOOOOVE to be in that film shoot! I was there for Titan today but have to work tomorrow.
So Arrow was the bomb. I said that out loud :oops:

Fresh and new. But still a GIANT IDIOT.

Postby coastercrutchfield » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:08 pm

^ I was at the park again when it opened and got to watch them wrap it up for the day. Decided to take some more pics too.
DSC00072.JPG
Filming the main show near the entrance
DSC00077.JPG
And near the Oil Derrick
DSC00078.JPG
DSC00081.JPG
New view of Mr Giant at dusk
DSC00103.JPG
And the full train
Last edited by ernierocker on Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:28 am.

Reeks of Books

Postby CorkscrewFoley » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:27 am

I love the silhouetted shot of Giant and Titan...I have to say at this point, TGII looks like it has the more intimidating drop now. lol

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:59 am

Zingoman wrote:
chadster wrote:So what's at SFOT that would justify Bert the Conqueror filming for two days this week?
Titan was filmed today, and yes Mr. Freeze is being filmed tomorrow.

Am I the only one who just cannot stand this show? My biggest beef with it is that it's called "Bert the Conqueror", but he's not "conquering" anything that's impressive. Like, when he did the Stratosphere tower rides, or the SCAD Jump, ok. That's fine. But Mr. Freeze? Canobie's Space Shot??? I'm sorry, but millions of people every year "conquer" Millennium Force. It's one thing if you're going to make a "roller coaster show", that's fine, but you're not a "conqueror" when 8 year old kids ride the same things as you are.

The show is garbage. Just my opinion...
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:03 am.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:01 am

Still haven't watched a second of this show. Not planning on starting anytime soon.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:10 am

Train look awesome! I hope to one day get to ride this!
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!