TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

GL willbe the first Me-Spin (My name is Zachary) in the U.S. X2 had HUGE crowds it's opening day. Odds are that SFMM will open SEFK, GL, and LF on the same day. GP would think, "OMG! OMG! Superman is backwards!", and for GL, "OMG! OMG! It's X2 but better!" Can't someone use theese facts and try to imagine there wait to X2, Tatsu, Termy (COUGH) Apocalypse, etc.?

FYI,IDK WTF most of this says, but if SFMM opens GL ASAP, then the GP will definitely be "OMG," or even "OMFG," and totally forget about X2. The wait could be longer if the ops go AWOL, or put up a BRB sign. BTW, IIRC, if everyone brings their BFF, then the lines could be huge, and you might need some TLC. You could also check out SFMM's FAQ page, or IMHO, just ask yourself WWJD? I just hope SFMM changes their policy to BYOB next season so I could get FUBAR.....as long as I don't get a DUI. But then again, DILLIGAS? Maybe I'm J/K though.

Not to be rude, but what does AWOL, IIRIC, TLC, IMHO, BYOB, FUBAR, DILLGAS, and J/K mean? Thanks for your input though.

I just facepalmed my head so hard there's an imprint of my hand on my face.

-Cookie

GL willbe the first Me-Spin (My name is Zachary) in the U.S. X2 had HUGE crowds it's opening day. Odds are that SFMM will open SEFK, GL, and LF on the same day. GP would think, "OMG! OMG! Superman is backwards!", and for GL, "OMG! OMG! It's X2 but better!" Can't someone use theese facts and try to imagine there wait to X2, Tatsu, Termy (COUGH) Apocalypse, etc.?

FYI,IDK WTF most of this says, but if SFMM opens GL ASAP, then the GP will definitely be "OMG," or even "OMFG," and totally forget about X2. The wait could be longer if the ops go AWOL, or put up a BRB sign. BTW, IIRC, if everyone brings their BFF, then the lines could be huge, and you might need some TLC. You could also check out SFMM's FAQ page, or IMHO, just ask yourself WWJD? I just hope SFMM changes their policy to BYOB next season so I could get FUBAR.....as long as I don't get a DUI. But then again, DILLIGAS? Maybe I'm J/K though.

Not to be rude, but what does AWOL, IIRIC, TLC, IMHO, BYOB, FUBAR, DILLGAS, and J/K mean? Thanks for your input though.

Alright I feel a little bad for the kid. SFMM fanboy - just gonna come out and say this whole post was a big clown on you cause you used so much shorthand in your post.

and fyi: awol = absent without leave, iirc =?, tlc = tender loving care, imho = in my humble opinion, byob = bring your own booze/beer, fubar = f*cked up beyond all recognition, dillgas = ? and j/k = just kidding (really? you didnt know this one?)

[really hope I'm not being trolled by this kid]

Over a week ago I made a post about winning a state farm/six flags in park/online contest. The prize is 4 VIP tickets good up until the end of the 2012 season but only for magic mountain or discovery kingdom. Last night I was contacted by a six flags media agent via e-mail explaining how to set up reservations for the day I decide to go. So I'll try to go sometime in the summer of 2011 hopefully in July or August.

This www.sixflags.com/magicMountain/tickets/viptours.aspx is the prize package, but good for me and three other people. I'd prefer going to magic mountain rather then Discovery Kingdom since I've only been there twice and only been on less then half the rides. Plus if my dad is going, he can chill out at the water park.

So far I'd only be taking my friend and most likely my dad. Still need to find a 4th, though I got until 2012 to make the plans and get down there.

Hey, I won this prize too! So congrats to both of us! I'm going to plan mine for sometime after Superman and Green Lantern open.

Join In the Loop at Magic Mountain and get the newest scoop on the newest rides, the coolest shows, the best deals and more. Be part of the club, it's free!

No, not Clint Novak's outrageous and mildly profane show. This looks like the replacement for the Funatics program. Too bad, I enjoyed the loyalty rewards. Can't say I'm surprised given all the other cost cutting. Six Flags could have chosen a better name.

www.sixflags.com/magicMountain/footerNav/ENews.aspx

I'm considering visiting the park tomorrow. Anything going on that could create a busy park?

EDIT: There's a toy drive, free admission for a new toy worth $15 or more. How is the park today?

Acronym decodation:

iirc = If I recall

dillgas = Does it look like I give a sh*t?

HTH = Hope that helps.

Anyway, I'm at SFMM right now and will be heading out soon. It wasn't super busy today (Termalypse/Apocanator) had about a 20-minute wait, X2 was about 30 if that gives any idea.

The Superman tower looks really nice with all three colors on it now.

And, yes, the weather was great today---almost like summer.

Eric

Is SFMM gonna do anything about that mound of dirt they got sitting out in front by the Old Road and Magic Mountain Parkway?

I was looking at it today in Google maps, and I saw that a Chevron gas station is being built on the left side coming in on Magic Mountain Parkway.

The least they can do is build a couple of sidewalks along Magic Mountain Parkway from the Old Road to the X2 parking lot.

I know they're hurting for money, but how much could a few sidewalks cost? Not that much, right?

They need to better develop the area in front of the park, and that mound of dirt too.

Are they working on this? Any ideas when they will have a better developed enterance road?

Is SFMM gonna do anything about that mound of dirt they got sitting out in front by the Old Road and Magic Mountain Parkway?

I was looking at it today in Google maps, and I saw that a Chevron gas station is being built on the left side coming in on Magic Mountain Parkway.

Six Flags doesn't own the "mound of dirt" and that Chevron has been there forever. They just renovated it, but there's been a Chevron there for as long as I can remember going to the park.

The image from google maps is quiet outdated, because you can see they are still builing Tatsu. Now at that mound of dirt is an office building. And I believe it has been vacant ever since it was built.

And I too remeber that Cheveron station being there as long as I can remeber. Also if you ever stop at that Cheveron station around the park's closing time. It will be one of the busiest gas stations you will ever stop at.

The Google Maps satellite image still shows Psyclone, as well as Tatsu under construction, so, yeah, it's a bit outdated.

Remember, too, that SFMM isn't open during the week, so all work on Termalypse will be done during that time. It is possible, though, for the ride to be closed one weekend, though. It was running nicely today, and TPR's own William (wrs28330) was working in the station assigning rows and offered me the row of my choice (I took Row 11---the very back). And despite the weather, the fire on both X2 and Apocanator was working.

Eric