TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canobie Lake Park Discussion Thread

sigh.

i used to go to canobie lake park EVERY YEAR with my sleepaway camp in wolfeboro, new hampshire.

i always hated this place because all i wanted was a good coaster! canobie corkscrew and yankee cannonball, though historic, SUCK.

too bad this past summer was my last summer (my last time there for awhile).

^ I don't think Rob was implying that you were implying that Untamed's layout was bad.

Anyways, can't wait to see the themeing on this thing!

I think he was implying you were implying it was bad. And I think you were implying Robb is bad. And I suggest this gets settled with a knife fight.

Can y'all tell it's slow at work for me tonight?

It's been ages since I've been to Canobie and can't wait to visit again in 2011. This looks like a great ride and a perfect addition to a beautiful park. The Yankee Canonball was my first coaster, so I can't slam it, but it isn't Bizzaro (no doubt).

Not sure if it's my eyes that are deceiving me, but what is an overbanked turn on Rage looks to be an uninverted top hat on this one. Not sure if its just concept art being concept art, but thought I should just point that out...

I hadn't really noticed that, but I'm PRETTY positive it's an exact clone of Rage, so all the elements should be the same.

AND, Canobie has just posted a new teaser video. Check her out here ... http://www.canobie.com/Untamed-vid/untamedvid.html

Yes, for those who don't seem to notice, it's a Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter Model 320+. It's the third to be built so far.

http://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&mo=8513

That's great though, because like so many other clones, it does the job well. It's small, yet tall enough to thrill; compact, yet it packs in several sweet elements. Paying to engineer completely new track designs is quite expensive, I'm sure.

Drove by the park today - I live 15 min. down the road and was out xmas shopping, so I figured I'd do a drive-by and see if I could see anything fun/take pics.

Looked at the front of the park/parking lot and drove down some side roads to see the back of the park where the new coaster is going, but unfortunately didn't spot anything exciting like track pieces... the land is definitely getting good and cleared out though and cranes are on location. Wonder if they will wait for warmer weather to really get going?

Can't wait for this! Canobie definitely deserves another great ride!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah... I'm really looking forward to Untamed. In the summer, I took my first ever trip to Canobie where I could actually ride all the coasters (I went to Canobie on an earlier occasion, but didn't ride squat). I had a very good time, and I cannot wait to have another when Untamed opens this summer!

Also, an old (new) set of photos, which means the coaster is being fabricated!:Untamed.jpg.77a3a202269465a2ce0b7ebcd6519dc9.jpg

One photo...

Untamed2.jpg.8efbf91f9db28112bf19f8f2e7742d93.jpg

...and another one. Assuming it's already been tested, all they have to do is paint the track green, then they can ship it over!

• 3 weeks later...
Station looks very nice! I definitely look forward to this on the NorthEast tour this summer. I've been on Mystery Mine and Spongebob whatever... this summer I'll get this one and SFoG's as well.

Also cant wait for this on the Northeast Trip! Only have been on Mystery Mine so I'll have something to compare it to!

• 2 weeks later...

Canobie Lake Park has sent us an update about the season's grand opening, as well as their new coaster, Untamed.

It was a long winter, but a welcome sign of spring is Canobie Lake Park’s season Grand Opening. The gates officially swing wide for family fun on Saturday, April 30th, weather permitting. The Park’s Annual One-Day Sale will also be held on Opening Day.

For this one day only, 2011 admission passes will be sold for the reduced price of just $24 each, a savings of $8 off the regular season general admission price. The rain date for the sale will be Sunday, May 1st. One-day sale purchases can only be made at the Park, and there is no limit on how many passes can be purchased at the sale price. Each pass is valid on any one day during Canobie’s 2011 season.

Construction of the Park’s new roller coaster, “Untamed,” continued throughout the winter and is now in full swing in anticipation of opening sometime between Memorial Day and mid-June. “The response already has been unbelievable,” said Chris Nicoli, Canobie’s Marketing and Entertainment Manager. “We’re happy that everyone is as excited about the new coaster as we are. ‘Untamed’ will be the largest coaster to come online in New England since 2002, and there will be just three others like it in the entire country.”

According to Nicoli, the new coaster will deliver a vertical lift of 72 feet into the air, leading to a 97 degree drop propelling riders through a series of loops, twists and zero-gravity rolls. “Quite a wild ride,” he says.

For Park hours, more information and updates on the new coaster, visit http://www.canobie.com. Also, schools, camps, companies and other organizations that have finalized their Canobie group outing plans can register online now.

CLP-Untamed-coaster-station.jpg.fff89382aa0a37dc221da5b35ffdd6aa.jpg

CLP-Untamed-coaster-car.jpg.23016698a0512de79a11b3c0b58602c6.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the links/info! Might take a ride up there over the next week and see the construction for myself... getting excited - the ride and new themed area already look great... such a great addition to the park! Can't wait to ride it, never ridden a euro-fighter!

Thanks for the links/info! Might take a ride up there over the next week and see the construction for myself... getting excited - the ride and new themed area already look great... such a great addition to the park! Can't wait to ride it, never ridden a euro-fighter!

EuroFighters are cool rides but they do rattle a bit. But not as bad as a !