Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

P. 275: Halloween Horror Nights 2019 scare zones revealed!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Re: Universal Studios Hollywood 20 Year Plan

Postby larrygator » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:17 am

Jay20016 wrote:If the rumors are true, the village + Forbidden Journey while looking nice is still not that much in terms of a world. As it is now, WWoHP here at IOA is a tad boring as it is a lot of facades and shops with 2 rides re-purposed and a nice new dark ride. Gutting the other attractions that were already there from IOA's WWoHP would be a bit underwhelming, no?

It might be boring but it sure is successful in bringing in the customers.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:49 pm

Bonemachine wrote:
COASTER FREAK 11 wrote: Or if your so against Harry Potter then maybe another property of equal success and cultural impact. Which the Simpsons do not have

The Simpsons didn't have as much success or cultural impact as Harry Potter? Are you kidding?

I didn't mean it that way. They already have a ride in a different area of the park (and there really inst any room to make a full Simpsons "land" in that area). Thats why I ruled it out, not that it didn't have an impact.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby comicsans101 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:07 am

the article stated that Waterworld show is based on a 1990s movie and thus should be replaced, but at Universal Studios Singapore, which just opened this year, there is still the Waterworld show. A bit ironic.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Ace Of Spades » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:15 am

^Waterworld's been a crowd pleaser year in and year out. I've honestly never seen that show have anything resembling an empty theater come showtime.
Ignore the screaming in the woods...

Everything is fine.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby comicsans101 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:43 am

true. but i guess due to universal studios hollywood space constrains, maybe some old rides and show will really hav to go for new ones to come

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby LoopLover » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:06 am

Apparently the movie "Waterworld" is terrible! but the show is great!

I love the seaplane crash! wow!

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Gigalyte » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:03 pm

What I don't understand is why can't they leave USH as a studio and then find another suitable location for a major Uni Park like Island of Adventure in another location without as many restrictions, I don't see where it's required the park be a second gate.

Just like legoland put a park in Carlsbad who would of thought of a park going in Carlsbad, but it worked.
Heck they could build the largest Island of Adventure on the planet right here in Riverside county all the open dead space this place has around it, it's in between LA and San Diego the population is here and it would give people another option of having to drive down to Diego or dealing with LA/ orange county traffic. With all the open space here they could build a Happy Potter city not just a land lol

I don't know there the pros I'm not

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Ace Of Spades » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:12 pm

^^It's one of the worst movies ever to most. I find it "meh" at best. The show, however, takes all of the remotely decent aspects of the movie and amps them up to the point where they really work.
Ignore the screaming in the woods...

Everything is fine.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:34 pm

Gigalyte wrote: With all the open space here they could build a Happy Potter city not just a land lol

An entire theme park dedicated to cheerful pottery makers sounds absolutely dreadful!

KidTums' personal piano player

Universal Studios Hollywood Grinchmas 2010 Media Event

Postby wrs28330 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:11 pm

Theme Park Review was once again invited to the Media day for the ever-growing Grinchmas event at Universal Studios Hollywood.

The event runs December 11th, 12th, and daily from December 18th thru January 2nd. Grinchmas will feature nightly tree-lighting ceremonies, celebrity readings of "Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas!" and encounters with Whoville characters and fresh snow.

In addition to visiting the Whoville set on the Studio Tram tour, Guests will also pay a special visit to the Grinch's Lair, where they will find themselves on a quest to help the Grinch and Max the Dog return the stolen gifts to Whoville.

Many people will be surprised to learn that the expanded Grinchmas area now resides in the entire blue print of the old western stunt show arena.
IMG_0123.JPG
Welcome to Grinchmas 2010 at Universal Studios Hollywood!
IMG_0125.JPG
IMG_0126.JPG
The entire western stunt show facade is gone! As is one of the sides of the old west street.
IMG_0133.JPG
The Grinch and Max the Dog say "chchcchcheeeelllooooooo".
IMG_0134.JPG
One half the the arena.
IMG_0139.JPG
This is where the western facade once stood.
IMG_0143.JPG
Look it's Dan's future wife, Molly! Even the reporter dude digs Molly! Back off, Dan saw her first!
IMG_0153.JPG
The kick-off of the Grinchmas event.
IMG_0165.JPG
"Come see us staring this weekend!"
IMG_0169.JPG
The Whoville set will host a 2-3 minute tram show stop during Grinchmas.
IMG_0173.JPG
Work is almost complete on the "Grinch Lair" overlay of the Mummy spinning tunnel.
IMG_0174.JPG
IMG_0180.JPG
IMG_0189.JPG
One last look. Thank you again to USH, for inviting us to join in the festivities!
Last edited by ernierocker on Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:39 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!