TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa

Hey everyone! Just got back from Florida! I never want to drive back from Florida ever! haha! 22 hours is just way too much with an annoying uncle! Anyways... the two days at BGT were awesome! The first day was a little crowded. The longest line i believe that we waited it was about 35-40 min for SheiKra. The second day was awesome! The park was barely crowded and the longest we had to wait was about 25 minutes for SheiKra and even less for other rides.

Day 1, 11/25

Got to the park at about 2:00 because my uncles car was having muffler problems and we had to wait for Midas to fix it. Got my Two Fer pass and we headed in. First thing we did was run for SheiKra. Got there and i tried to persuade my other cousin who is 15 to ride it but she wouldn't and went on with my 11 year old cousin. We got in and it was a long line. They were running either 4 or 5 trains so the line was moving very quick. All i have to say about this ride is WOW! It was awesome! 10/10! Next for us was Kumba. Great ride... somewhat of a long line but moved very quick due to 3 train operation. Very smooth but why is it so loud? I thought B&M's were meant to be somewhat quiet? Then we went and rode Gwazi. Tiger first and then Lion. Both very good rides! I liked how Lions lay-out was totally different from Tiger's! After this we went to Montu! Now officially my favorite suspended coaster! I loved every second of it! the themeing was amazing! After this we went back to SheiKra. It was about 5:30 or 6 so the park was starting to empty out. We got on SheiKra twice in a row in the front! Great rides again! Then we rode the log flume over there... forgot the name and I lost my park map. After this we left and went to eat at Carrabba's! BEST FOOD EVER! We were driving by it and i was like what does that name sound familiar and i remember seeing it here on TPR!

Day 2, 11/26

Got to the park at 9 am and went straight for SheiKra. The line started in the station! We got on SheiKra twice in a row again! This made 5 rides on it! After that we ride the log flume again... Stanely Falls something I believe. Then we were walking by Python and i saw my cousin eyeing it. She had barely gone on anything yesterday so I draged her on this... I got a vew deep scratches from it too! Shes always been afraid and i told her she'll never know unless she went on. She agreed and went on. In the end she enjoyed it but still refused to go on anything bigger. The we went and rode Scorpion for her too. She also liked that one. but her younger sister was still calling her a chicken all day cause she wouldn't go on anything bigger haha! The we rode Cheetah Chase twice. After this we went and rode the train from the Staneley Falls staion to the Congo station by Kumba. We then got two more rides on Kumba. Great ride again. After this we went and rode the River rapids. I got drenched! It was nice too cool off though. It was about 1:15 at the time and my uncel was trying to make us leave. I told him we need to ride Montu again before we leave and we were good to leave. The shuttle from out hotel was picking us up at 2pm. Me and my cousin ran to Montu and got two more rides in! it was now 1:45 and we headed to the exit.

All in all Busch Gardens was awesome! I hope to go back there sometime in the future. Now here are some pictures that I took!

PB250131.JPG.e714e93ff3a5aa1b018ae9f959b9929a.JPG

Pulling into the Busch Gardens parking lot.

PB250134.JPG.b99d44f5e03e297eaf7d6c53ec867ca4.JPG

A few of Montu's drop from the parking lot.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool, we were at BGT on 11/26/05 as well. It certainly was a very nice day. While there were quite a few cars in the parking lot that day the park just did not seem very crowded. I am glad you had a good time! Oh they made Kumba loud on purpose (they did something special to the track, not sure what exactly). I guess its extra theming.

Thank you guys! the thing i liked the most about BGT was that the lines would seem long, but they would go by like nothing due to 3 to 4 train operations. Also how well themed the whole place is! I loved everything! Hattuchili Carrabba's was sooo good! You definately have to stop there. I had Chickem Parm with garlic mashed potatoes. MMM! haha! Erik that would of been cool if we had bumped into each other! WillMontu sorry got my pics mixed up...and thanx for the info on Kumba... I like that sound too when your walking by it. makes it sound like your in the jungle!

Nice report/pics!

I was at BGT on 11/25, and couldn't believe the parking lot! They were basically making up parking spots. Fortunately I got to park in the preferred lot, but even then I had trouble finding a spot.

Once in the park though, it was a bit crowded, but nothing too insane. I have to agree that the ride operators were very efficient on most rides, even Gwazi wasn't as slow loading as it usually is!

You know its a busy day when Haunted lighthouse 4D fills up 15 minutes before show time.

Yeah I did not expect it to go through that so fast! It caught me by surprise! Another thing i really liked about Busch Gardens is how all of their rides fit into the landscape really good. Like on Montu, you can not see most of the ride cause its in the tunnels and it adds to the ride! Because when I rode it I was like i don't remember seeing that part of the ride! Its awesome!

This bring so many memories...

The coasters do feel like they should be there with the theming.

Coaster Fun Facts

Montu- Was planed to be built inside of a pyramid... Never was because they could not of made a pyramid with a LARGE coaster in it.

Kumba- Haha WillMontu... Kumba is actually the Swahili word for Roar!

Python- The oldest coaster in the park!

Scorpion- The Schwarzkopf circular loop creates more forces than an eliptical loop!

Cheetah Chase- Was actually the Wilde Maus at BGW transfered over and repainted!

Sheikra- The first diving coaster in America, first dive coaster with an immelman, highest vertical drop, a second vertical drop, splash zone, and is the longest dive coaster recorded so far!

'Nuff Said -~*RCT3Freak*~-