Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

P. 124: Carnevale at Maria & Enzo's Ristorante details!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: NEWS: Disney World raises ticket prices again

Postby thrillrider » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:19 pm

I found a really cool tool(hey, that rhymes :b ) that AAA has for fuel estimates.

http://www.theautochannel.com/link.html?http://www.fuelcostcalculator.com/TripGasprice.aspx

Last time I drove down to florida, it was really close to what I spent. I think it was within $15 of what it cost me in gas. It's a good thing to use when planning a trip that your going to be driving to.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Did my donkey title just change???

Re: NEWS: Disney World raises ticket prices again

Postby timfreeman » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:29 pm

It estimates $294 for me. Probably not far off from the $400 if you include 2 weeks of driving back and forth to the parks.

Open Up Happiness

Re: NEWS: Disney announces "Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:17 pm

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/art-of-animation-resort/?int_cmp=SOC-intDPFY10Q3ArtOfAnimationResort16-09-10@0002

Coming soon: a new Walt Disney World Resort! Disney's Art of Animation Resort hotel, a Disney Value Resort hotel, will draw its inspiration from 4 classic Disney animated films: The Lion King, The Little Mermaid and Disney·Pixar's Finding Nemo and Cars.

Booking dates for this family-friendly resort, scheduled to open Summer of 2012, have not been announced yet. Please continue to check back for more information and details.

Step into some of your favorite stories! Each one of the Disney's Art of Animation Resort buildings are being designed to make you feel like you are part of one of 4 beloved animated films. Trace the movie's theme, from the playful courtyards to the festive room interiors.

The 864 rooms planned within The Little Mermaid buildings will be sea-inspired with an eye towards value.

The Lion King, Cars and Finding Nemo buildings are planned to exclusively feature family suites which accommodate up to six guests. The concepts show a total of 1,120 family suites—all arranged for added space and comfort.

The concept for these family suites include:

•2 separate bathrooms
•A master bedroom
•3 separate sleeping areas within the living space, which includes an "Inovabed"—an impressive piece of furniture that transforms from a generously sized dining or work table to a comfortable bed in seconds.

Kids and kids at heart will be able to romp through one of the 4 courtyards—one courtyard for each film—where there will be icons and sculptures to interact with and play around. Make a splash in the main pool—complete with a pool bar—or relax in one of the 2 quiet pool areas. Planned amenities at Disney's Art of Animation Resort include an animation-themed food court, arcade, retail location and interior airline check-in stations.

Location and General Information
Disney's Art of Animation Resort is scheduled to be located near Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park and ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. It will be a smoke-free Resort; smoking will be permitted only in designated outdoor smoking locations.
art_of_animation_998x450.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby BBparks57 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:59 pm

Looking awesome! Can't wait till more is released and some serious progress is made. I usually enjoy everything that disney does.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Maximo37 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:18 am

Holy crap... if that rendering is correct, it looks as if this resort will have interior corridors... for the suite buildings at least... and if I'm reading correct, the "Little Mermaid" standard rooms, which will occupy the existing buildings (former Pop Century 1940's decade) will remain as constructed... with outdoor hallways with railings... and the Suite buildings (not yet constructed) will have interior corridors (as seen in the Nemo rendering)... that will be HUGE with the guests... and a step in a great direction for the "value" brand of resorts... thats IF I'm seeing things correctly...

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby deweasefan » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:05 am

^ Looks that way to me but that would seem odd to have certain buildings with outdoor corridors and certain buildings with indoor corridors in the same resort. This could possibly just be a mistake on the part of the person who drew this or maybe these are the backs of the rooms and the outdoor corridors are on the other side??? It will be interesting to watch this project progress to see what is actually built.

Open Up Happiness

Re: Walt Disney World Downtown Disney Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:12 am

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/11/first-look-waterfront-district-hyperion-wharf-among-plans-for-downtown-disney/

How about that? New dining, shopping and entertainment experiences are in the works for Downtown Disney and today we’re sharing a first look at what to expect in the future for the 120-acre complex. Look closely and you’ll see that Pleasure Island will evolve into a vibrant waterfront district called “Hyperion Wharf.”

The district will come to life with a nostalgic yet modern take on an early 20th century port city and amusement pier. By day, stylish boutiques and innovative restaurants will draw you in and by night, thousands of lights will transform the area into an electric wonderland.

Taking its name from Hyperion, the Greek god of light, as well as the street on which Walt Disney built his first major animation studio, the wharf district will also feature a relaxing lakeside park and enhanced pedestrian walkways. And its diverse eateries will expand dining availability at Downtown Disney by more than 25 percent.

Along with the new wharf district, other projects are underway at Downtown Disney, including:

• An extensive renovation of Lego Imagination Center, which will increase its overall footprint by nearly 3,500 square-feet and add new Lego exterior models featuring scenes from classic Disney movies.
  • Enhancements at AMC Theatres that will take the movie-going experience at Downtown Disney to the next level with new digital technology, a Concession Stand of the Future and Florida’s first Fork & Screen Theater; and…
  • Numerous new or renovated retail shops and merchandise vignettes, as well as additional atmosphere entertainment, throughout Downtown Disney.

Construction on the district begins immediately and it’s scheduled to be completed in 2013.

Pretty exciting, huh? Let us know what are you most looking forward to.
hwd001223LARGE.jpg
hwd002556LARGE.jpg
hwd003445LARGE.jpg
piwharf.jpg
piwharf2.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:00 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby mwm1444 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:30 am

Great to hear that they're injecting new life into the Lego shop, despite that new park opening up the road - although I never really thought it would have any impact on the Downtown Disney location.

West Coast 2009 ~ UK 2010 ~ IntimidaTour 2010 ~ Southern Japan/Tokyo Disney 2011

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:36 am

Color me unimpressed thus far. I sure hope "innovative restaurants" translates to "interesting adult beverage options," because "stylish boutiques, a relaxing lakeside park, and enhanced pedestrian walkways" are a sad replacement for Pleasure Island. An updated Adventurers Club would be nice.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:05 am

I am glad that they are doing something with pleasure island. But I REALLY miss mannequins and the adventure club. I am kind of confused as to what besides a bunch of lights, they are going to have at night now.

The last time we were in downtown disney, it was depressing. I hope whatever this is will liven the area up. Disney needs some kind of night time "adult" entertainment.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!