IAAPA 2010 Trade Show Orlando Coverage! Photo & Video Update

SharkTums

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm looking forward to seeing Sally's video-game/dark-ride hybrid showing up in some American parks. Sally does more than just plywood cutouts with targets on them--the Tutankamen ride at Walibi Belgium is one of the best shooters this side of Men in Black.

Yes, it counts as one credit in the rain.

Another credit during sunny weather.

Bonus credit, but painful, if you ride during a hail storm.

I am absolutely loving all of the new "stuff" being offered this year!

Edited by BigDipper 80

Update #7 - 6:00 P.M. - More Food, More B&M, and the Magical Midway!

PIZZA TIME!!!

OM NOM NOM!

B&M was back with their standard booth design.

They had a Manta car showing off their local hotness!

Thank you to Walter Bolliger for chatting with us for a few minutes!

The Magical Midway was a little sparse this year.

There was a mini- Star Flyer.

Wave Loch, the makers of Flowrider had a very interesting new product to show.

Here is the classic Flowrider, and they also showed off a Flowrider/Lazy River combo.

S&S was showing a kiddie screamin' swing...complete with butterflies!

We sort of rode...

And of course they had the classic Frog Hopper.

Oooh! Discounts on Zorbs!!!

This was probably the most disturbing inflatable at the show!

"Hello! I'm happy smile dinosaur! Please feed me some funnel cake!"

Bob's Space Racers...yup!

I'm officially too old. The thought of riding Sally's Scream in the Dark anywhere near preteen girls is giving me the shudders.

IAAPA is where cool trains live.

Did I miss something? Was Intamin showing off any future projects?

The I-Box track finally makes sense now that we know the wheels will go between the bolts. Can't wait for the Texas Giant 2.

I really hope that system works - shooting in between the bolt assemblies at 60+mph leaves no room for error - not even a micrometer.

The I-Box track finally makes sense now that we know the wheels will go between the bolts. Can't wait for the Texas Giant 2.

I really hope that system works - shooting in between the bolt assemblies at 60+mph leaves no room for error - not even a micrometer.

Exactly. I am a bit leery about this but I'm sure it's been tested and we'll just have to accept that they know what they're doing!

I wouldn't put MY name on the line with that kind of design, but lets hope it works out as planned! Very odd to say the least!

I would like to know how you know what the tolerances are and a micrometer is very very small. (A thickness of a hair is between 17-100 micrometer)

I can't think of anything mechanical that uses a tolerance of one micrometer.

I would like to know how you know what the tolerances are and a micrometer is very very small. (A thickness of a hair is between 17-100 micrometer)

I can't think of anything mechanical that uses a tolerance of one micrometer.

I think he was joking. saying micrometer is like saying, "That goes a bajillion miles per hour"

Exactly. I am a bit leery about this but I'm sure it's been tested and we'll just have to accept that they know what they're doing!

I wouldn't put MY name on the line with that kind of design, but lets hope it works out as planned! Very odd to say the least!

Your'e both assuming that the wheel will be so wide that it will just barely fit between the bolts; it doesn't have to be that wide. Also, with a steel coaster, they can hold a much tighter tolerance then a wooden coaster. If there is anything to worry about with this new coaster design, it would be the fact that so many parts of the Texas Giant instillation seem to be a bit off and not quite lining up.

Update #8 - 7:20 P.M. - Mack Rides, LOTS OF FOOD, and Premier Rides!

Don't forget to comment and let us know what you think of IAAPA 2010 so far!!

Mack Rides! Makers of the awesome Blue Fire and TPR's favourite park in Europe, Europa Park!

New water ride designs from Mack.

We spoke with Roland Mack, Vice Chairman of Mack Rides.

Our friend Michael from Europa was here too!

It wouldn't be IAAPA without funnel cake!

And of course you MUST have Dippin' Dots!

OM NOM NOM!

The Dippin' Dots guy says that Six Flags Great Adventure is getting a launched under water coaster for 2011. No joke!

More pizza...

HELLO! Kitty.

If you want air hockey...IAAPA is the place for it!

Premiere Rides had a car from their recently announced LSM shuttle at Trans Studio.

We are told this new coaster will be similar to Mr. Freeze...but indoors!

Premier Rides sold a Drifting Coaster to a park in Abu Dhabi that is currently sitting in boxes.

And what is a drifting coaster? Jim will explain it in our IAAPA video coverage!

And the fate of this ride? No one actually knows for sure!

Some information about the Trans Studio coaster.

And when you need your chain fixed, Premier are the guys you want to call!

Oh really? Not even a "micrometer", huh? Wow you must be an engineer to know this. Yeah, you know those REAL engineers at Rocky Mountain better re-check their math, because, geez...if they are even off by a "micrometer" there is going to be a HUGE problem!

--Robb "Love how the Internet is full of self-proclaimed experts." Alvey