TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

IAAPA 2010 Trade Show Orlando Coverage! Photo & Video Update

SharkTums

More about KMG Mission Space covered by the local press:

KMG builds largest mobile attraction ever

By the editors on 12/11/2010

NEEDE - The company KMG - specializing in theme construction - is currently a special attraction to the building. If you have Parallelweg drive then you see him standing. It is the world's largest mobile attraction. The owner of the Needse company says that the 'Mission Space' eighty meters high. "This is unique, something no one has built."

The attraction has two major arms, each side is a hanging gondola that can carry ten persons. It runs, waving a rate from about 65 kilometers per hour.

The attraction has a value of approximately EUR 2.5 million, weighs 150 tons and has carried on four trailers. When he finished the Mission Space is first seen at fairs in the Netherlands. Then, the other countries in Europe.

Two years ago, experts of the company started with a sketch (see photo). Now the attraction in a test phase. A special office checks all calculations and sends it to test institute TÜV in Germany for approval.

Update zaterdag 9.00 uur: Update Saturday 9.00 am:

We were just on the lookout on the Internet for more information about the attraction and what we came to a forum where dozens of carnival freaks share information about the "Mission Space". See the link below to the forum: http://themepark.nl/ubb/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1514547 .

Photos Yvonne Berends

tn_2009_0709missionspace0002

tn_2009_0709missionspace0003

tn_2009_0709missionspace0006

tn_2009_0709missionspace0010

tn_2009_0709missionspace0016

tn_2009_0709missionspace0017

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Loving the report, keep it coming!

I didn't know Schilke was with Rocky Mountain Construction. Good to see that he's still involved with innovative projects. I haven't seen him since I watched him talk about the design of X in "Extreme Rollercoasters (2003)" on a Netflix DVD.

Awesome update, guys. Those S&S trains are hot! I hope they come to America sometime soon as I doubt I'll get to ride the Happy Valley launch coaster in the near future. I also never noticed how gorgeous the Manta trains were until seeing a car at that angle.

If you feel the need to "borrow" that Gerstlauer Euro Fighter model and send it to me, I'll definitely Paypal you the S&H. It would look great on my bookshelf.

^I think the flume-in-flume thing is more like a small slide that has a drop into a much wider trough, so that boat rocks from one end of the large portion to the other as it goes through the course (which looks like it could be incredible).

I didn't think it was possible to love S&S any more... until I saw those new trains. I'm also dying to ride those looping slides.

^^Yeah, I want to see whats actually inside those Mega Tubes in the layouts and see how it works.

But if thats the case, why have such a long tube? I wouldn't think the raft would really utilize the whole size at that length. And the pic says "Tube inside a tube"

Edited by COASTER FREAK 11

^I think the flume-in-flume thing is more like a small slide that has a drop into a much wider trough, so that boat rocks from one end of the large portion to the other as it goes through the course (which looks like it could be incredible).

I didn't think it was possible to love S&S any more... until I saw those new trains. I'm also dying to ride those looping slides.

The large tube is the Mega Tube. I believe the "flume in flume" is different than the mega tube (though possibly related).

Update #5 - 3:10 P.M. - Martin & Vleminckx, the Gravity Group, and Food!

Martin & Vleminckx had some very interesting wood coaster concepts on display.

This is what they are calling the "High Five" coaster...

Yes, this is exactly what it looks like and M&V say that if Shaq and Yao Ming ride, they might actually touch!

And here is the ride layout.

M&V are also responsible for the Zippin Pippin rebuild.

And this...THIS is a launched wooden shuttle... I AM NOT KIDDING!!!

They claim this hill will produce the longest, most sustained moment of airtime ever!

Now this is what IAAPA is all about!

The Gravity Group is showing off the Timberliner trains and FOUR wood coaster projects for 2011.

Hooray! The Voyage WILL open with these in 2011!

Yes, FOUR new Gravity Group woodies in 2011!

NERD SHOT!

Mmmmm.... MUST EAT PIZZA!!!

The large tube is the Mega Tube. I believe the "flume in flume" is different than the mega tube (though possibly related).

Flume-in-Flume just means that the flume has a large enough diameter to allow for another slide to pass through it. Much like the picture shows, a piece of green slide inside of the bigger one. I however, don't understand how this could be achieved from a support standpoint.

Flume-in-Flume just means that the flume has a large enough diameter to allow for another slide to pass through it. Much like the picture shows, a piece of green slide inside of the bigger one. I however, don't understand how this could be achieved from a support standpoint.

Or why do something like that in the first place...lol. Thats why im thinking there is something else going on here, haha. But I might be wrong.

A launched wooden roller coaster? Gravity Group sure wasn't kidding when they said that the Timberliners were designed to do anything! That is a very interesting concept, for sure.

The launched coaster concept is not Gravity Group, it is Martin & Vleminckx.

Light-up coaster wheels... launched shuttle woodies... Do we really need these things? No. Do I want them? Yes. Very, very badly.

Thanks for these super-sweet updates and keep 'em coming!

(BTW, I also had no idea that Alan "4th Dimension" Schilke was with the RMC folks now. Awesome!)

The launched coaster concept is not Gravity Group, it is Martin & Vleminckx.

Ah, I see... I suppose that I jumped to conclusions a little quickly, assuming that it was GG given their relationship with M&V and the talk of the launched Timberliners when they were first announced.

Update #6 - 4:15 P.M. - Intamin, Zamperla, and Sally Coorporation!

Intamin had a fantastic year! i305, Thirteen, Formula Rossa...amazing!

Take that bitches!!!

Hanging out with Sador Kernacs from Intamin.

TPR footage at the Intamin booth!

Sandor tells me there will be some changes in i305, and I'm not allowed to mention what I was told, but let me tell you the locals will not be disappointed!!! (oh who are we kidding, they'll bitch anyway!)

Zamperla had lots of new and cool things to show!

We rode the Happy Swing.

Luna Park had a sexy display...

The Air Race is like a new spin on the classic Rock-o-Plane.

Sally Corp had some very interesting new dark ride technology.

Scream in the Dark is a new concept where the louder you scream on the ride, the more bonus points you get!

If you're scared of creepy clowns, you are going to scream a lot!

Then Sally took us "behind closed doors!"

Sally introduced us to a new video game/dark ride hybrid...

We can't say too much about this yet, but I will say this is NOT just a "Toy Story Mania" knock off! It does some really cool things that we aren't going to give away!

Sally's booth was amazing!

Edited by ernierocker

I'm loving all the new concepts! I'm not a waterpark person, but the slide inside a slide concept looks really cool! Wish Hershey would take RECC and do that new videogame technology. That looks like it would rock when whoever decides to get something similar.