Jin Jiang Action Park to install GIB

Page 5: Video of the new GIB (Mountain Peak) in action!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Jin Jiang Action Park to install GIB

Postby Gutterflower » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:59 am

This one came out of leftfield a bit.
It appears Jin Jiang Action Park in China has officially announced they have bought a Giant Inverted Boomerang from Vekoma.

Translated Version of Annoucement here:
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http://www.jjlysh.com/zh/news_info.php%3Fid%3D57&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhhQX_9XvIu5oG_jprFXu3S_3IB8Eg

It did cross my mind this was a relocated one but all 4 seem safe in their current locations.

I know some people love them and some people hate them (i love them) but it's sure an interesting installation this long after the last one. Perhaps you can find out more at IAAPA guys?
Last edited by ernierocker on Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:01 pm.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Re: Jin Jiang Action Park to install GIB

Postby let1gre » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:44 am

Wow, that did come out of nowhere. I would have thought that the GIBs would be infamous now due to all the problems they've been having. Maybe this one can break the curse by having a different paintjob.
ローラーコースター.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:48 am

If im not mistaken not all of them had crazy downtime like the first 3 did...I haven't really read about any problems with the one at movie world in madrid...
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby let1gre » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:27 am

^You're right. Also, the former SFoG GIB is being rebuilt at Mirabilandia for next year. Big year for Vekoma.
ローラーコースター.

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:42 am

jarmor wrote:If im not mistaken not all of them had crazy downtime like the first 3 did...I haven't really read about any problems with the one at movie world in madrid...

Any problems like this? ;)

This one also seems to have a bit of the curse as well...
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:23 pm

Well this is good news! GIBs are one of my favorite shuttle coaster varieties. It's too bad they're so finicky, but at least there seems to be potential for some improvement. Thankfully every time I've visited a park that has one, I've been able to ride it at least once.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Full Fledged Great America Enthusiast!

Postby Sunfire » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:47 pm

It's great that Vekoma is getting more service, but I don't really care for GIB's. I rode Deja Vu at SFMM, and like most people, I don't like the seating arrangement. My favorite seating arrangement for shuttle coasters just happens to be Vekoma Invertigos. I love the seats facing each other. Perhaps if Vekoma could fit a GIB with an Invertigo style train, it might be more enjoyable.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby stormrider » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:02 pm

I love DejaVu and how fast it backs up the first reverse lift, but people seem to think it's fun to spit while the ride is going up :evil: Gross! I hope for the sake of riders on this new ride that nobody does that.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:52 pm

let1gre wrote:^You're right. Also, the former SFoG GIB is being rebuilt at Mirabilandia for next year. Big year for Vekoma.

So much for both of the relocated ones ending up in South America. & Like Jamor I havn't heard of Stunfall having any major problems & the SFGRAM one seems to be working well in it's new location as well.I believe that,had SFI not built three of the original four all in one season no less then the ride would've been a bigger seller than it turned out to be as other parks would've worked more with vekoma to solve the technical issues instead of rushing through construction in order to open them on time.

SFI had quite a few problematic prototypes on their hands back in 01 aside from the GIBs,the two flyers & the 4D were plauged with technical problems due in part to them rushing the installations & then refusing to pay the entire costs of the rides thus alienating the manufacturer's from providing the tech support needed to reduce downtime.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby GLund » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:42 pm

^Actually, regarding the prototype 4D at Magic Mountain: Arrow and SF signed an agreement to have the ride installed and running by a due date, at an agreed cost.

That date was not met (due to technical problems that arose due to Arrows design), the budget was exceeded (due to costs improving/correcting the technical problems), and therefore the responsibility of missing the date and paying the extra costs fall on the manufacturer, Arrow. Bottom line: If you can't hold up your end of the contract, don't make one!

As for the GIB's, I love everything about them! They do have a significant amount of upkeep, but I'd assume that's because of its design, heavy trains, and extreme forces. But it's great to see them being installed, and any chance I get to ride Magic Mountain's I take it! Nothing like facing the ground at 150 feet and plummeting straight down, those butterflies are unmatched!

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!