Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 833: Iron Gwazi video & info!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I get wet for Manta!

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT, BGA) Discussion Thread

Postby themeparkman25 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:45 am

post removed by author
Last edited by themeparkman25 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:05 pm.
Follow the construction of my Manta Model!.*
1/16/12 - Construction Complete!
*Model is being build from scratch.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby dragonskeep » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:15 am

They seem to be high tailin it on the first and second launch areas. Maybe we will see them do a little of the rock work in the trenches before installing track. Cheetah Hunt doesn't look very difficult to build. I remember certain parts of Maverick going up very fast. Looking forward to seeing the Tower come together or as I like to say, the Figure Eight Tophat.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby jten11 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:53 pm

Hey guys, been a while since I been on TPR (damn near a year), so this is my first time hearing about the new coaster. Sorry if my reactions are a bit late, but wow! I definitely have to reason to visit Busch Gardens again after 3 (or 4?) years. I love that's its pretty lengthy, has 3 launches and I wasn't expecting a heart-line roll when watching the promo vid, but I like. This looks like it will be an AWESOME ride at night! As far as the name they can call it "Unnga Buunga" for all i care and I would still ride it. :lol: Also this will be my very first time experiencing an Intamin coaster, period. Being a resident in B&M-ville, Florida, it'll be interesting to finally ride one of these Intamin beasts. :)

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby sixflagsgadvguy1000 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:57 pm

I might be going here for the first time in a few months, How are the coasters here? I heared that Gwazi is pretty rough and jerky, but what about Kumba, Montu, Scorpion, and, Sheikra. I hear Montu and Sheikra are awesome. Kumba I hear is good, Scorpion ok, Gwazi rough and jerky. What are you're opinions. I'm worried about blacking out on Montu's second loop because it is the size of a Batman or Nemesis loop and I black out on those too. What about Sheikra's Immelmann. Is that a gray out inversion? I went on Griffon and I grayed out a little bit in the immelmann. My main concern is Montu's second loop. How is it. Hows is the first loop. Do you gray out.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:16 am

http://www.buschgardens.com/bgt/buschgardens2011.aspx

The new ride logo (or title package) has been posted to the official ride website.
Screen shot 2010-11-06 at 9.13.57 AM.png
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Meep Meep!

Postby Lenaapple1974 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:21 am

I may not like the name they picked for the coaster, but I love the logo! :) Thanks for keeping us up to date with everything!
Coaster Count - OMG...I completely lost count... How do you all do it?
Man, I really need to update my Photo TR from last year!! >:O
2012 - SoCal and everything I can cram into the week!
2013 - Back to Orlando!

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Coaster Cow » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:41 am

Something just hit me, sorry if it's already been said before. Does anyone else think that it was named Cheetah Hunt because the wild mouse Cheetah Chase is right next door? It would provide some separation between the two rather than just having two totally different cheetah themed rides.
Cool logo, too, by the way! Busch always seems to know what they're doing.
"There''s a Lieutenant Crunch here to see you."
"Lieutenant Crunch?"
"Actually, I've been promoted. It''s Captain Crunch now."

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:00 am

^It has already been stated that Busch Gardens is considering changing the name and theme of Cheetah Chase in order to reduce confusion within the park.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby coasternut » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:38 am

sixflagsgadvguy1000 wrote:I might be going here for the first time in a few months, How are the coasters here? I heared that Gwazi is pretty rough and jerky, but what about Kumba, Montu, Scorpion, and, Sheikra. I hear Montu and Sheikra are awesome. Kumba I hear is good, Scorpion ok, Gwazi rough and jerky. What are you're opinions. I'm worried about blacking out on Montu's second loop because it is the size of a Batman or Nemesis loop and I black out on those too. What about Sheikra's Immelmann. Is that a gray out inversion? I went on Griffon and I grayed out a little bit in the immelmann. My main concern is Montu's second loop. How is it. Hows is the first loop. Do you gray out.

Gwazi has gotten rough over the years. I was there for the media day opening and it was great. The experience isn't the typical GCII woodie which I love :p . This ride was pre Millennium Flyer trains. Montu and Sheikra are great :lmao: . I've had good and bad rides on Kumba. It's really not too bad for it's age. I can't wait for their new ride to open. Another Intamin I'm sure I'll love :Pr .
Coasternut,

LIVING FOR THAT AIRTIME!! :airtime:

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby sixflagsgadvguy1000 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:11 am

coasternut wrote:
sixflagsgadvguy1000 wrote:I might be going here for the first time in a few months, How are the coasters here? I heared that Gwazi is pretty rough and jerky, but what about Kumba, Montu, Scorpion, and, Sheikra. I hear Montu and Sheikra are awesome. Kumba I hear is good, Scorpion ok, Gwazi rough and jerky. What are you're opinions. I'm worried about blacking out on Montu's second loop because it is the size of a Batman or Nemesis loop and I black out on those too. What about Sheikra's Immelmann. Is that a gray out inversion? I went on Griffon and I grayed out a little bit in the immelmann. My main concern is Montu's second loop. How is it. Hows is the first loop. Do you gray out.

Gwazi has gotten rough over the years. I was there for the media day opening and it was great. The experience isn't the typical GCII woodie which I love :p . This ride was pre Millennium Flyer trains. Montu and Sheikra are great :lmao: . I've had good and bad rides on Kumba. It's really not too bad for it's age. I can't wait for their new ride to open. Another Intamin I'm sure I'll love :Pr .

Awesome! Thanks So Much For The Advice. =)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!