Holiday Park Discussion Thread

P. 73: New indoor area (including a Zierer coaster) for 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Proctoligist of Scooby Doo

Re: Holiday Park Expedition GeForce Accident

Postby ScottBrown » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:03 pm

^ Or CGA

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:23 am

ScottBrown wrote:
atem122 wrote:American park: Ride has a wheel assembly f**k up, they close it down for months and add safety systems (like trims) to kill the ride so that it's safer.
European park: Ride has a wheel assembly f**k up, they rehab it and decide to make it more intense than it was before.
I'm so moving to Germany once I'm out of college.

I would think it is more like American park: Ride has a wheel assembly f**k up it will never reopen and ride stalls on lift hill they close it down for months

CP had Magnum crash back in 2007 and it was operating the very next day (albeit with one train).

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Tmcdllr » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:57 am

Well of course. The easiest and fastest way to fix a ride that has two trains crash into each other is to remove one train....it can't hit what isn't there.... Lol

Postby ScottBrown » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:34 am

Skycoastin Steve wrote:
ScottBrown wrote:
atem122 wrote:American park: Ride has a wheel assembly f**k up, they close it down for months and add safety systems (like trims) to kill the ride so that it's safer.
European park: Ride has a wheel assembly f**k up, they rehab it and decide to make it more intense than it was before.
I'm so moving to Germany once I'm out of college.

I would think it is more like American park: Ride has a wheel assembly f**k up it will never reopen and ride stalls on lift hill they close it down for months

CP had Magnum crash back in 2007 and it was operating the very next day (albeit with one train).

It must just be CGA then because Invertigo was down for around a year for a lift stall

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Tmcdllr » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:17 am

^It wasn't a "lift stall"... it was a major mechanical breakdown (lift chain broken, riders stranded for hours, made national news) and investigation which caused it to take so long so saying that is just silly because the ride was not just down because it was 'broken' but also because they had to wait for the investigation to conclude, which is not the park's doing.

Postby ScottBrown » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:43 pm

They didn't seem to care so much when it malfunctioned over and over in its opening year, and I believe at least one other model of this coaster has had similar issues and was never subjected to a year long investigation . . . all I an saying is that had it happened in Europe or even in any state other than California the ride would have been up and running in a much more timely manner

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Plopsa purchases Holiday Park

Postby turbolaaf » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:10 pm

Studio 100, a Belgian based entertainment company that owns the Plopsa theme parks has bought Holiday Park in Germany. Plopsa will invest 25.000.000 Euros into the park to make it in the line of the other Plopsa parks.

geforce_290.jpg

Here is the Press Release:

PLOPSA NEEMT DUITS PRETPARK HOLIDAY PARK OVER!

Vandaag heeft Plopsa, de themaparkendivisie van Studio 100, het Duitse outdoor pretpark Holiday Park overgenomen. Daarmee wordt 3 november 2010 een historische mijlpaal in de Plopsa-geschiedenis. Sinds 2008 bezit Studio 100 figuren als Wickie de Viking, Maja de Bij, Heidi en Pippi Langkous, die enorm populair zijn in Duitsland. “Een eigen pretpark in Duitsland, waarin we de Studio 100-figuren een eeuwig leven kunnen geven, is een logisch strategisch gevolg”, aldus Steve Van den Kerkhof, Algemeen Directeur van Plopsa. Hiermee wordt het succesvolle Belgisch model, waarbij elk Studio 100-figuur zijn eigen stek krijgt in een Plopsa-themapark, uitgebreid naar Duitsland. De Plopsa-groep beheert op dit moment 4 parken: 3 parken in België en sinds april jl. één in Nederland. Gert Verhulst en Hans Bourlon, oprichters van Studio 100: “Wij zijn ongelooflijk blij en trots met deze overname”.

Holiday Park is gelegen in het Zuidwesten van Duitsland, nabij Mannheim in de deelstaat Rijnland-Palts. Het park was tot vandaag eigendom van de familie Schneider. Laatstgenoemde kocht in 1971 het Marchenwald Haßloch, om het park vervolgens in 1973 om te dopen tot het huidige Holiday Park. Daarmee viert Holiday Park volgend jaar zijn 40-jarig bestaan. “Ik ben blij dat ik het park kan overdragen aan een professionele organisatie als Plopsa die alles in het werk zal stellen om het park nog te laten groeien,” benadrukt de 62-jarige Wolfgang Schneider, vroegere Managing Director van Holiday Park.

Holiday Park beslaat een oppervlakte van 40 ha en biedt een 30-tal attracties. Een van de topattracties is de achtbaan Expedition GeForce, die al enkele keren is verkozen tot de beste achtbaan van Europa. Plopsa zal het bestaande park verder uitbouwen en zal binnen een termijn van 4 jaar 25 mio euro investeren in het park. Daarmee ambieert de groep zich tot de Top 5 Beste Attractieparken in Duitsland te rekenen. Op dit moment is Holiday Park het 7de grootste park in Duitsland. Holiday Park stelt 85 vaste werknemers te werk, 250 seizoensmedewerkers en 350 tijdelijke werknemers.

Het entertainmentbedrijf heeft haar eigen afdeling in München, met een 40-tal mensen in dienst. De serie Das Haus Anubis, gespeeld door Duitse acteurs, is nu al zijn 2de seizoen zeer succesvol op de zender Nickelodeon.

Studio 100 heeft in Duitsland haar eigen zender Junior TV met 2,5 miljoen abonnees op het Sky-platform en een outputdeal met ZDF. Op het animatievlak produceert Studio 100 in zijn studio's in Parijs en Sydney nieuwe 3D-series van Maja de Bij, Wickie de Viking en Heidi.

Major points translated into English:
There are 3 Plopsa theme parks in Belgium and one in Netherlands
Studio 100 wants a German theme park to expand in Germany. The current owner of Holiday Park, Wolfgang Schneider, is very happy that the park will be in the hands of a good company. Plopsa will invest 25 million Euros into the park over the next 4 years.
At 40 acres, Holiday is currently the 7th largest theme park in Germany.
Last edited by larrygator on Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:40 pm.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: Plopsaland purchased Holidaypark Germany

Postby Ace Of Spades » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:38 pm

Aww, I loved EGF's name. Oh well, here's hoping they don't touch the ride, and that they continue to make the park better. Judging by Groteslurf's (sp?) TR's to the other Plopsa parks, that's probably not hard to imagine.
Ignore the screaming in the woods...

Everything is fine.

Site Admin

Re: Plopsaland purchased Holidaypark Germany

Postby SharkTums » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:46 pm

I think this is actually a good thing for Holiday Park. Can't wait to find out more details!

TPR's lonesome donkeyboy

Re: Plopsaland purchases Holiday Park

Postby Groteslurf » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:38 am

Studio 100 made a good decision I believe. Holidaypark is a nice park and it will be quite easy to reform it into a Plopsapark. There were rumours for a while already that they intended to penetrate into the german themepark market by opening 1 or even 2 new parks. Starting parks from zero is much more complicated than what they do now.
Hopefully they will have Mega Mindy in the Germany as from next season (no idea whether she is a superstar in Germany yet) =)

And, my Plopsa funcard is still valid till June 2011 so I will get in for free till then :-))

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!