Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 324: V.I.PASSHOLDER Perks in January announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
TPR's Favorite Beaner

Re: Walt Disney World's Space Mountain to close for much of

Postby RCFreak » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:48 pm

Welcome to 1995 Disney!

You cannot tell me I'm the only one who hears the similarities!

Mr. October

Postby JimmyBo » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:57 pm

I want to bust out my light sticks and take some meth. This ride sounds trippin.

Jimmy "Meth user" Bo
Do not believe this post!

90% of the time, I am sarcastic all the time...it's science!

I'll drink donkey urine before I'll drink a Pepsi.

Postby Sir Coaster » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:32 pm

Hi, just for the record, I'm brand new here, so don't mind any stupid posts for my first couple weeks of membership! ;)

I haven't been to Disney since '03 or '04, and I'll say, I remember Space Mountain as being one of the original coasters I've ever ridden, and the most I remember was running rampant in the dark. :?r

Still, the next time budget allows a trip to Orlando, I'll definetly be sure to put Space Mountain down on what to ride on my trip!
Home park: Six Flags Great Adventure Park Count: 23 Coaster Count: 79
Wooden: 15 Steel: 63 Liquid: 1
Favorite Wooden coaster: El Toro @ Six Flags Great Adventure
Favorite Steel coaster: Maverick @ Cedar Point

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Re: Magic Kingdom Fantasyland Expansion

Postby Erik Johnson » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:23 pm

I went to MK today here are a few photos.
DSCN6853.JPG
DSCN6854.JPG
DSCN6855.JPG
DSCN6856.JPG
DSCN6859.JPG
DSCN6860.JPG
DSCN6861.JPG
DSCN6862.JPG
DSCN6863.JPG
DSCN6864.JPG
DSCN6865.JPG
DSCN6866.JPG
DSCN6867.JPG
DSCN6869.JPG
DSCN6870.JPG
DSCN6871.JPG
DSCN6872.JPG

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby thrillerman1 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:34 pm

Thanks for this construction update Erik. I really need a TPR Florida parks tour to catch up on everything that's been built since I was last in the area in 1989. :lol:

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:39 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/11/pooh-attraction-shop-reopen-at-walt-disney-world/

If you’re visiting Magic Kingdom Park this week, you’ll be the first to see a series of new enhancements to The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. The changes begin with a re-designed load area and a re-imagined gift shop called Hundred Acre Goods specializing in apparel, toys, plush characters and collectibles featuring Pooh and his friends.

Also this week, the attraction entrance will be temporarily relocated to the FASTPASS return lane while enhancements continue on several interactive elements being added to the queue. And beginning Thanksgiving week, young guests will start their adventure through the Hundred Acre Wood by jumping with Tigger, crawling through Eeyore’s house and playing in Rabbit’s garden before they board the attraction. And there’s more to come, with new elements debuting throughout the next month.

These enhancements will have a temporary impact on FASTPASS distribution which will not be available until the enhanced queue opens. Soon, we’ll resume FASTPASS distribution for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh at Mickey’s PhilharMagic where it will remain during Fantasyland’s expansion.
poo584324LARGE.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby robmiester » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:18 pm

Nice!

Guess this is a "next generation queue," like what the blueprints on Pg 1 talk about.

What is this, Joisey?

Postby Swimace » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:01 am

Ugh, I can't believe I'm about to say this.... but looks like I'll have to take a trip over to Magic Kingdom sometime soon to check out Pooh.

Personally, I'm more interested to see what's going on with the Haunted Mansion's queue... but seeing as I haven't done Pooh in years I guess it won't kill me to give it a go.

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby timfreeman » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:02 pm

The walls were down a couple days ago, but had bushes blocking the entrances so the kids couldn't play on anything. Overall, it looked interesting, but not much there for 50 kids in line. It all seemed to be close to the entrance and not much past the first little bit. It looks much better and anything is a welcome addition to entertain the kids. We forgot the camera at the house, so no pictures to post.

It looks pretty much like the drawing. The tree right by the entrance, the Tigger bounce spot by the first curve, and a larger garden area across the fence (coming back from Tigger) with different items. I don't recall the second tree on the right. Between the fence and the log on the right is the fastpass entrance.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby CD » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:09 pm

The new queue opened on Friday. However, there are many interactive elements still missing that will be added over course of the next month.
- Come visit me at Test Track, Mission Space, and Spaceship Earth in EPCOT over at WDW, I would love to meet some more TPR members!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!