TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Are they really that bad?  

1. 1. Are they really that bad?

Canobie Fan wrote:

Like what? I would take Mantis, PCs Vortex, and Iron Wolf over BDK.

We must be riding different BDK's. Here are some B&M's that are rougher than Dark Knight, IMO:

PGA Vortex

Iron Wolf

Mantis

Chang

SFoT's Batman

My last ride on Kumba had unbearable headbanging

Dominator has the same shaking as BDK

Etc, etc, etc.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are Terrible, I am not sure what other bad rides eveyone has been on but these make the list. I hate having to ride SLCs, granted the "close calls" are quite interesting but come on, that in no way justifies building another one of these things. I mean lets be honest, i have never wanted to reride any 689 , a Curtis D. Woody, or a boomerang. No one says "hey remeber how bad that ride was, lets ride it again ! "

I've actually only been on two while I've probably skipped three (I'm not that big of a 'whore', especially when it comes to prolific Vekoma rides). The one at Darien Lake stunk, I wasn't in any hurry to reride, but at the same time it wasn't horrible. The stench from the pond kept me away from Mind Eraser more than anything. The one at New England banged us around a good bit but they had really soft restraints that made the ride fairly enjoyable. Still some of the best disorienting elements and nice legchoppers.

Why won't you guys stop selling these damn things?

I'm with coaster_type_of_person, I've never been on one either. Really, I've only been to one park that has one (Darien Lake), and it was closed when I went. According to my friend, "The Mindy Racer was closed because it got stuck upside down too many times." He also said that Predator's chain snapped and everyones necks broke, and on opening day, a guy died on Boomerang.

I rode thunder hawk at geagua lake during the summer and it was a great ride! Very smooth, no head banging I thought it was a ton of fun!

I know it couldn't have just been the seat I was sitting in because I rode later on in a different seat and it was still very smooth!

That's the only SLC I've ever been on so I'm not an expert but...

I rode Kong for the first time this summer and the 1st time I rode, It was almost smooth :shock:, but then I rode a second time and then it just beat me up. I think the Red train on Kong runs better than the yellow one. Boomerang at SFMW was SMOOTH when I rode, Did I get lucky or is it always smooth?

Kevin"Kongs NOTHING to Flashback though! "Bujold

IMO, SLC's can provide a decent ride for a park on a budget, but when a ride is cloned so much it becomes dull, not to mention the ride experience is a bit steryll compared to the B:TR clones. They are also not as smooth. All these reasons make SLC's much less desirable to ride IMO, but i'm a person who generally doesnt complain about rough rides....I love desperado.

I think that if there were only one or two SLC's in the world, instead of this oversaturation, we would see a lot more SLC enthusiasts. The fact that SO many parks have them, I believe enthusiasts just get annoyed. Same goes for Boomerangs. Look at Batman The Ride, it's a wonderful, smooth coaster, but it's rarely talked about anymore because they are everywhere.

I dunno, just my guess.

I don't mind my Thunderhawk at Geauga Lake. It's actually very re-ridable (especially because there are never lines). The location over the water is very neat and it's a great ride. However, some of the SLC's with shorter trains such as T2 or ones over land (SFNE) just aren't as fun. It's all about the location and the TLC on the SLC.

The only SLC I rode was at SFEG and it wasnt that bad!! I really enjoyed it specially for my first ride!!! But then again my opinion can be decieving from someone who really likes Flashback and Psyclone at SFMM!! Stupid SFMM either tear down Flashback or open it up!!!!

Mike"who likes so called headbanging rough coasters"Black

They are beautiful to watch at IMO, some are still smooth, like FX in Movie Park Germany and Vampire in Walibi Belgium, but El Condor in Walibi World isn't that bad, but it's the roughest.. but I think that's the most beautiful SLC i've been on.

SLCs look good with a good layout but on the four I have ridden the ride has ranged from bumpy (Traumatizer at Pleasureland) to downright painful (El Condor at Walibi World). Vampire at Walibi Belgium wasn't so rough but can claim the prize for the smelliest coaster I have ever ridden.