TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New 2011: Rainbow Magicland Themepark (near Rome - Italy)

Ledgy

GOSETTO SRL furnishes the Suspended Dark Ride.

Next summer, Rainbow MagicLand, an amusement park located near Rome, will see the installment of an exciting ride full of ups and downs. Designed to take guests into a magic world, this attraction will include 4-passenger suspended gondolas (two adults and two children) that rotate and oscillate.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It's not often a major new theme park opens in Europe, which is why the debut next spring of Rainbow MagicLand outside Rome is already big news within the attractions industry.

Representing an investment of €300 million ($400m), the park will cover a 60 hectare site at Valmontone outside the Italian capital. Developers Alfa Park and Draco are hoping the facility will attract around 3 million guests a year. Their template is MIRAGICA, a theme park and shopping complex opened by the two companies last year in the city of Molfetta. In Valmontone, the existing Fashion District Outlet already attracts 5.3 million annual visits.

“I believe that the ambition of this concept was first tested with Miragica,” highlights Rainbow MagicLand spokesperson Alessio Masci. “However, this charming project was small-scale compared to Rainbow MagicLand.”

So why has no one ever tried a theme park on this scale before close to the Italian capital? “I think that not all companies or individuals are well enough prepared,” adds Masci. “It's also a question of budget.”

Inhabited by pixies, ogres, dragons and other fantasy creatures, Rainbow MagicLand will feature several licensed properties from Rainbow SPA including Huntik and Winx Club. Spread across the park will be a total of 35 themed attractions, pitched mainly at families and children. The park will also feature three theatres, an ice rink, planetarium, 28 food & beverage facilities and 5,500 parking spaces.

Featured as part of a 50,000 square metre undercover area will be a spinning coaster from Maurer Söhne, with added audiovisual effects and animatronics. Other major attractions include a Vekoma Mine Train, Junior Coaster, Mad House and Sky Shuttle; Maurer Söhne X-Car Launch Coaster; Intamin Spillwater; Zamperla Disk 'O' Coaster, a Gosetto, Alterface interactive dark ride and 4D dome by RSA Cosmos/3DBA.

Construction on the park continues. By the time it opens next spring, Rainbow MagicLand will employ around 2,000 staff. If you are reading this at Euro Attractions Show in Rome, then book yourself a place on the to behind-the-scenes tour on Friday, October 8, to see the progress for yourself."

http://www.rainbowmagicland.it

ParkWorld-Online.com

Since me and my friends from http://www.theparks.it were in Rome for the European Attraction Show we decided to take a look at the construction site of Rainbow Magicland.

Here's some photos.

Roma70.JPG.2172c57446d4df2d8a6347d167d71870.JPG

The park is just outside the Fashon District which contains lots of shops and is one of the biggest commercial attractions in this area.

Roma42.JPG.1df726df81deb665776c7cba9f255b61.JPG

Even from a certain distance the thaming looks really well made.

Roma41.JPG.113a2bd78975baaa33f7558998abbbb6.JPG

Some parts are a little too family oriented but they look nice.

Roma43.JPG.d533c0b581ef7ade5cd8db06ff8962cb.JPG

This is what I was looking for the most.

I was excited to see it in person and I have to say that it looks really awesome!

Roma44.JPG.e07d9b4729fe2c3bdae8ef76214d7b1c.JPG

A closer look at the first hill.

Roma45.JPG.e10157c2a10fddc72d12d8fc4baa2377.JPG

Overall view of the ride.

Roma46.JPG.a6408fa6224dc1a339b71ce62ee98441.JPG

I haven't checked how many inversions it will have but this is one of them.

You can also see the location of the mid course brake run.

Roma47.JPG.7b1f55616291ef619a4288e3e2558e73.JPG

The non inverting loop! Looks interesting!

Roma48.JPG.aa0cd48e5dace6324c01c34902076b0c.JPG

There are too many supports in this picture.

Roma51.JPG.e8d97bd876aacfc035f58c8dbc0399c1.JPG

Here's some theming. It looks very well made!

Roma56.JPG.6ba05370fca0babee67cfeaa2b62f0c4.JPG

I see a Vekoma Mine Train waiting for some theming.

Roma63.JPG.2fa98a5ff88696a6d2bf1f9ce08ae7c0.JPG

Very colorful theming.

Roma59.JPG.c940b5bad640340c1e2ac5cea5dd8d19.JPG

There's theming everywhere and it looks great!

Roma65.JPG.3bfc2c41c5950c171c2381b84b84a758.JPG

This should be the Zamperla free fall tower.

Roma54.JPG.4295cde2c2bdbf212db9e6c080c95793.JPG

Back to the X-Car! Awesome!

Roma55.JPG.ef804942404078abad8156fc47120eb8.JPG

This turn looks insane! Lots of positive Gs.

Roma61.JPG.b9cc374b9c552aea9b1520823eb77550.JPG

One last look at the crazy non inverting inversion with the Winx castle (on the right) and the Intamin Spillwater (on the left) in the background.

I'll be back for opening day!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this park looks awesome. That is an awesome coaster collection that adheres to pretty much every demographic, an X car, a mauer(or is it a gerstlauer) spinner, and a presumably well themed vekoma mine train in which theming needs to be added... based on what I am seeing in the rest of this park I would be VERY surprised if it would not be. Hopefully this gets added to a TPR Europe trip sometime in the future as this park has a seemingly fantastic ride collection, a very highly themed atmosphere, and looks amazing in general!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this park looks awesome. That is an awesome coaster collection that adheres to pretty much every demographic, an X car, a mauer(or is it a gerstlauer) spinner, and a presumably well themed vekoma mine train in which theming needs to be added... based on what I am seeing in the rest of this park I would be VERY surprised if it would not be. Hopefully this gets added to a TPR Europe trip sometime in the future as this park has a seemingly fantastic ride collection, a very highly themed atmosphere, and looks amazing in general!

It's a Mauer spinner, as I'm probably sure you figured out in that pic with the car.

You get your information on page 1.

Couldn't you just post a link and let people go and see the gallery for themself?

There is still a link on page 2.

And thanks to all for the great updates!

BTW: Did anybody go to the Tour through Rainbow Magicland? Can´t wait to see pictures

I am really looking forward to this park, but - doesn't the MS Spinning Coaster look like just about the lamest of them yet!?

Really does look rather poor. They could have packed in a hell of a lot more tightly twisting track than what they have done.

^It does look weaker than most. Hopefully the theming makes up for it. Also, two lifthills?

I'm getting a strong "Italian Phantasialand" vibe from this park. Anyways, it's looking fantastic. This was one of many parks that seemed like it was in development for so long that it was never going to go beyond the concept art, but it's great to see that it's actually going forward. Rome could certainly use a nice theme park. My only complaint - what happened to the SLC from the concept art?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just can't get over that overbanked right after the non-inverted-loop on the X-Car... Everything about it screams wrong!

I'm looking for this park to open and read the first TR, 'cause it'll be a while before it's even possible for me to get there. Have fun you italians!

• 2 weeks later...