Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 833: Iron Gwazi video & info!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Five babies drowned in a fire

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT, BGA) Discussion Thread

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:36 pm

^Their facebook page is unbearable. More brain dead people post on that page than the rest of the interwebs combined.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby jjune4991 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:48 pm

Especially that guy, Bryce Fisher. "I'm so awesome, and right, and awesome, make a statue of me!" Gosh, I hate people like that.

TPR Trip: InimidaTOUR
TPR Bash: East Coast Bash (2010), Busch Gardens Bash

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:44 pm

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has sent us this press release to confirm that their new attraction will be announced via Facebook next week.

Next week, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay and Discovery Cove in Orlando will both announce major new attractions coming to the parks in 2011.

But this message will be shared in a different way than many of the parks’ previous new attraction announcements. In an effort to grow and support its eager online Fan base, Busch Gardens and Discovery Cove will announce the new attractions on their Facebook pages FIRST via video messages from the parks’ executives the morning of Wednesday, Oct. 13.

Details, images and video footage will be shared with the media via WebCargo a short time later, at 10 a.m. from Busch Gardens and 10:30 a.m. from Discovery Cove. Reporters are also invited to participate in a live-stream Q&A about the Busch Gardens project at 11 a.m.

Those interested in participating in this 30-minute “virtual press conference” will be able to submit questions through Twitter @buschgardens, or via email at BGT.PR@buschgardens.com. The video event will be hosted on the SeaWorld Parks blog site, http://www.SeaWorldParksBlog.com

Busch Gardens park president Jim Dean will field questions about the new attraction – which Busch Gardens is calling a combination of up-close animal interaction and high-speed thrill ride – with the help of the vice president of Zoological Operations, Mike Boos, and the corporate director of Rides & Engineering, Mike Denninger.

Dean and Boos, along with Discovery Cove vice president Stewart Clark, will also be available for telephone or on-camera interviews the afternoon of the announcement.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:03 pm

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has also sent us a press release about the return of their Serengeti Night Safari offering this Winter.

Beginning Nov. 5, Busch Gardens brings back its unique and wildly popular Serengeti Night Safari for seven select nights in November and December.

The Serengeti Night Safari is offered Nov. 5, 13, 20 and 27 and Dec. 4, 11 and 18.

Fall is the perfect time for an adventure into the African night. Venture through Edge of Africa to witness the active nighttime behaviors of hippos, lions and hyenas lit only by moonlight and lanterns. On the Serengeti Plain, use night-vision monoculars and special filtered lighting to view free-roaming herds of giraffes, zebra, rhinos and other intriguing African animals. The red lighting allows up-close views of animals without startling them. Then gather around the campfire for stories and up-close animal encounters.

This nighttime experience begins and ends in the exclusive Safari Club, with savory appetizers and adult beverages before the excursion and a night cap complete with coffee and desserts after.

The Serengeti Night Safari begins between 6:30 and 8:30 p.m., depending on the event date and time of sunset. The cost is $60 per person, plus tax. Admission is not included and is not required. Guests must be 21 years of age or older to participate. For reservations, call 1-888-800-5447 or visit BuschGardens.com.

The Serengeti Night Safari is subject to availability. Additional dates may be added. Prices are subject to change without notice. Animal interactions may vary.
SNS_Giraffe and Truck.jpg
SNS_Rhino FOR UK ONLY.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:04 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby dragonskeep » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:43 pm

That sounds like a very cool time.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby The Yeti » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:55 pm

I wish they would have thrown in an airtime hill or two in those two straight-aways (like the last one on Maverick) in the RR section...that is unless they're still hiding something and just put a straight-away in the preview video.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Ratmead » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:14 pm

I think they may be hiding breaks... :|

I just noticed something, we can all agree that the 4 videos they released show a majority of the ride, right? Watch the video again, notice how all the track is the triangle Intamin track? Remember the facebook page BGT posted, that clearly shows a piece of box track that will be for some type of vertical element, it either looks like the top of the figure 8 tower, or a drop somewhere. I am 99.9% sure I am looking way too far into this, and it is probably just an incorrect animation, but I wonder if there is more than the video is letting on... I mean really, what is left to announce, we have the almost the entire ride...

Knowing what we know about the layout and the videos, where could that piece go? I just watched the video again and there aren't too many places to have that straight of a piece and elevation. Only after the second and third launches I guess. I know people noticed some off things in the animation already, but would the official video be incorrect about track like that?

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby dragonskeep » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:46 pm

I love your spirit bro. I think that piece is probably in the tower, mabe the transistion to the top. I very much hope you are right.

I was convinced there would be a Tophat.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby BridgeMan » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:51 pm

You'd be surprised how straight some section look when they're by their lonesome. That piece is probably leading into the figure eight or in the drop out of it.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Ratmead » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:59 pm

Yeah, I am sure you guys are right. They use the box track for segments that require more structure right? Makes sense for that to be at the top of the figure 8 I just hope they don't litter the ride with the square to triangle transitions, they look ridiculous.

What is up with the facebook announcement? Cheetaka (have a feeling that's not the name) must have cost a pretty penny.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!