TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

Yeah I was screwed up on the launches too until recently. That tower is no more than 100 feet, give or take. I am pretty sure based on the statement from Busch Gardens about going from 0 to 60, the train will launch out of the station at 0 to 60. Either that or it will come to a complete stop before the third launch and I just don't see that. Does anyone know what the current record for acceleration from 0 to 60 is, in terms of how many seconds. I wonder if they could do it in under 2 seconds as an example.

Everyone join me in wishing for a 200 foot tophat after the third launch. I would love to here a couple guesses on the remainder of the layout.

Cheetaka is officially Florida's best coaster.

Cheetaka is officially Florida's best coaster, folks this ain't Hollywood Rockit.

Maybe it is just me, but I think it is far too early to make this statement. While I am certainly optimistic about the latest addition to the Florida coaster collection, we all know how a much-hyped ride that may look amazing can turn out to be a dud, a mechanical nightmare or simply something we've seen before in another form.

I'm not trying to be Negative Nancy here, but I can't imagine calling a coaster that is yet to fully exist, let alone be fully revealed, the best coaster in all of Florida. I think Air Grover is at better coaster at the moment, for the pure reason that it is assembled and is operating full time--something that the 2011 coaster can't compare to right now.

^ "Newly Negative Nancy..." Like the sound of that!

Steve, I think we should attach meat to your shirt and let Lady Gaga chase you down.

I'm really getting stoked about this one. I definitely think the hype team is earning their pay. I don't particularly care for Maverick, so that's not what's doing it for me.

We'll see what the next year holds. If I don't like it - shorter lines for Kumba and Montu!

D.

Did anyone else catch when Adam entered the house he said he, "just got backdoored...!" That was my favorite part!! LOL!

I was waiting for someone to pick up on that... Apparently, the film crew cracked up when I said that... Not what I meant, but it added to the comedy of the thing.

Here is another picture from the plans, this shows all 3 launches in the small picture to the right. Hopefully that clears that up. Click the picture to see it bigger, had to resize it to 25%, the original is like 9000x6000 pixels.

Interesting.

This diagram shows two loading platforms with 8 rows each but they are segmented off by fours so it looks like the ride will have 4-car trains. There's also a "blockbrake" marking on the section before Rhino Rally.

This diagram shows two loading platforms with 8 rows each but they are segmented off by fours so it looks like the ride will have 4-car trains. There's also a "blockbrake" marking on the section before Rhino Rally.

That's what was odd to me. Since when has a coaster car ever had four rows?

Not unheard of on a few wooden coasters, to have a four row car. The Coney Island Cyclone, the Nickelodeon Streak (FKA Roller Coaster) and Big Dipper at Blackpool Pleasure Beach both have four row cars and when the Beast first opened, it had four seat cars. However, I'm not aware of any 4 seat steel coasters. Peace! KC

I think that maybe the Rhino Ralley block-brake will be something along the lines of Maverick's under-the-station block/launch, in the sense that you can roll through it at 20mph and start launching or come to a complete stop depending on the next train's placement. Just a thought.