Canobie Lake Park Discussion Thread

P. 45: The beginning of a waterpark in 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby megamatt » Sun May 31, 2009 5:26 pm

Here is a video of it from Zamperla.

Note that the one at Canobie Lake is floorless and not themed.

A video of a similar ride in action.

kang_a_bounce.wmv [ 3.72 MiB | Viewed 2253 times ]

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby Em-Z » Sun May 31, 2009 6:42 pm

There's a themed one like in that video at Wild Waves, it's quite fun for a kid ride! They have it on a more intense setting than in the video.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Canobie Lake Park gets an "Untamed" Euro Fighter in 2011

Postby acq10uaz » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:40 am

http://www.eagletribune.com/newhampshire/x1535825474/Coaster-fans-Canobie-Lake-Park-eyes-a-new-one

SALEM — Put your hands up, planners, it's roller coaster time.

Canobie Lake Park is in the planning stages of adding a new roller coaster, but it needs the town's permission to move forward.

"The type of ride is exciting and I think it will be a good addition," park spokesman Chris Nicoli said yesterday.

A hearing about the park's coaster plan is on the agenda for next week's Planning Board meeting.

Planning Director Ross Moldoff, who typically deals with requests for subdivisions and sign permits, said roller coasters are a nice change of pace.

"It's one of the fun parts of the job, actually, when Canobie Lake Park comes in for a new ride," he said.

Moldoff said plans submitted to the town show the roller coaster located near the Canobie Mall, in what is now a grassy area.

"It's not a large roller coaster. It's nowhere near the size of the Yankee Cannonball," Moldoff said, referring to the park's famous wooden coaster, which would remain Canobie's largest.

Still, it looks like the new ride might pack a punch. It' a Compact Euro-Fighter coaster, made by Gerstlauer Amusement Rides, a German design company.

The coaster starts out with a 97-degree drop, and then can be customized to include loops, over-banked curves, zero-G humps and other "thrill elements," according to the company's website.

Nicoli said the new coaster was still in "the planning phase."

"I think this is a good step for us and we're excited," he said.

At the close of every season, park visitors start thinking about what new items they'd like to see next year, he said.

"Everybody, every year, kind of always says, 'What do you have new?'" Nicoli said. "It's almost assumed that amusement parks need to have something new."

And those people are almost always hoping to see a new roller coaster.

"I think everyone asks all the time," he said. "Even if we had many of them, they'd still want more."

Moldoff said the park has done a noise study and traffic study — and Planning Board members will get to see the coaster in action.

"They have a video of the ride that they're going to be showing at the Planning Board meeting," he said.

Moldoff said the noise study and video were taken from a similar version of the ride at an amusement park in the Netherlands.

"It ends up being a particularly quiet ride," he said.

He said the coaster is slated to be about 75 feet tall, just under the town's 80-foot limit. The addition of the ride to the park is on the agenda for the Planning Board meeting Tuesday.

This is great news for the park and its exactly what they need. I'm glad to see more parks in the US getting euro fighters!
Last edited by acq10uaz on Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:08 am.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Re: Canobie Lake Park planning a Euro Fighter for 2011

Postby technfxrick » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:43 am

Man, it seems that most of the Parks on the North East trip are getting new coasters next year.

New Coasters 101
Parks 84

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:53 am

technfxrick wrote:Man, it seems that most of the Parks on the North East trip are getting new coasters next year.

I doubt you will see this for the begining of the 2011 season if the park is only in the planning stages, but I've been surprised in the past.
Last edited by larrygator on Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:43 am.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby CHILLERLC1 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:08 am

Bad thread title if you think it's for 2011. I would expect the land to be cleared, approval already given if this was going to be for next Memorial Day. Probably 2012?

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby technfxrick » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:47 am

larrygator wrote:
technfxrick wrote:Man, it seems that most of the Parks on the North East trip are getting new coasters next year.

I doubt you will see this for the begining of the 2011 season if the park is only in the planning stages, but I've been surprised in the past.

Good point, i just realized the article says nothing about 2011, and its just in the title.

New Coasters 101
Parks 84

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby acq10uaz » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:05 pm

CHILLERLC1 wrote:Bad thread title if you think it's for 2011. I would expect the land to be cleared, approval already given if this was going to be for next Memorial Day. Probably 2012?

Well I know SFNE hasn't gone and asked for approval to build the mouse yet, sure its just a mouse but still they need the approval.

Canobie has opened things on July 4th weekend in the past, so it is possible, thats why I put 2011. The park has been hinting at a new family looping coaster for a while now. Plus being compact its easy to put up. I do see it happening in 2011, but not debuting right on Memorial Day weekend like most coasters. I've been hearing its likely going to be a Rage clone.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby 808Freq » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:26 pm

Stupid local regulations. I wonder how much money the amusement park industry wastes each year just in trying to get approval to build rides. "Hi, yes, we'd like to compete.. Huh? you need a permit for that?"

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:35 pm

808Freq wrote:Stupid local regulations. I wonder how much money the amusement park industry wastes each year just in trying to get approval to build rides. "Hi, yes, we'd like to compete.. Huh? you need a permit for that?"

Probably not much money! Most construction is subject to building regulations.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!