SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

P. 41: Turtle Reef area to be added in 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Chadley » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:55 pm

SharkTums wrote:OMG YES!!!

I have gotten drenched sitting in all different seats on both JTA's. Everyone knows you get drenched if you sit in the front of Orlando's...

Sea World knew what they were doing. Kelly and I rode front seat of JTA at SWO, and our shoes were so water-logged after we got off, we stopped by their strategically placed gift shop and dished out about $30 for two pairs of flip-flops. Coincidence? I think not! ;)

OMG! A TALKING MUFFIN!

Postby DATman » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:33 pm

cpfan101 wrote:Part of the reason that Europe's version didn't get yall wet, is that there are trims on the first drop to control the speed of the boat as it descends. On SWOT's, there aren't. I was in the park for orientation on my job today. We got to walk around the site (sorry no pics) and there are not even slots on the track for trims. As far as theming, I actuall think that it will have a nicely themed station as there is a lot of non coaster related verticle construction going on around the area.

There are no trims on AS. I just looked on RCDB and I didn't see any. So, unless they literally just added them, you may be thinking about a different ride...

I saw, went and conquered Steel Dragon 2000. It's still crap!

Postby wrebbit » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:16 am

^From the RCDB page:

"The Atlantica SuperSplash has magnetic trim brakes on the first drop which allows some control over the top speed and hence the amount of splash. So the ride can be adjusted depending on the season or weather."

http://www.rcdb.com/id2928.htm

Soo they are there ;)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby rcfreak339 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:45 pm

Kraken is the same color. :airtime:
kraken32.jpg
see

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Gnome » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:41 am

^ yea, but Kraken is also one of the best coasters I've ever been on. :P
Don't worry, it's an emergency! I'm Chuck Norris

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby cpfan101 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:10 pm

Dont know if you all wanted this topic brought back up. However, now there is a video of the ride showing it off on Sea World's website. I have to say I actually think that it looks pretty descent. As I have training tomorrow, I can stop and take some pictures on the way there.

Here is the link to Sea World's website. The video is on the main page.
www.seaworld.com

--David

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby matteocrepaldi » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:46 pm

It's exactly like Atlantica Supersplash at Europa Park. They didn't even try to change the colors!

I liked the one at EP!
-

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby dbmace » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:22 pm

Bunch of videos/pictures here of the ride and construction. Kinda cool
http://www.prnewswire.com/mnr/seaworld/27095/

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Sea World San Antonio to add new kid's area in 2011

Postby larrygator » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:57 am

Yesterday on their, blog Sea World San Antonio/Texas announced a new kid's area themed around Sesame Street. This will replace Shamu's Happy Harbor

Sea World San Antonio to Open Sesame Street Bay of Play Attraction in 2011

SAN ANTONIO (Sept. 22, 2010) – In spring 2011, SeaWorld San Antonio will open Sesame Street Bay of Play, an all-new attraction for families featuring Elmo, Big Bird and all their friends. Sesame Street Bay of Play will include 3 acres of exciting rides, shows and play areas.

Sesame Street Bay of Play will be home to a colorful carousel with all the friends of Sesame Street. Other kid-sized rides include “Big Bird’s Spinning Reef,” a delightfully playful Ferris wheel; “Elmo’s Dolphin Dive,” a vertical drop ride; and “Abby Cadabby’s Rocking Wave,” a ride that rocks forwards, backwards and sideways. Kids can also beat the heat at “Little Bird’s Splash” that will feature 22 water elements such as bubblers, geysers, jets and dumping buckets. At “Big Bird’s 1-2-3 Smile with Me,” everyone’s favorite Sesame Street friends will greet, hug and take photos, and make memories that will last a lifetime. The “Happenings” stage area features musical performances with Elmo, Abby Caddaby, Zoe and Cookie Monster.

Sesame Street Bay of Play will be located in the area formerly occupied by Shamu’s Happy Harbor.

“Sesame Street has had a long presence in our park with character dines and performances, and we’re excited to expand our offerings for families and kids with Sesame Street Bay of Play,” said Dan Decker, park president for SeaWorld San Antonio.

Families will be able to watch the furry and feathered friends of Sesame Street on the big screen at SeaWorld’s 4-D Sea Star Theater. Sesame Street presents Lights, Camera, Imagination!, will feature Elmo, Big Bird and the rest of the loveable Sesame Street gang as they try to save the Sesame Street Film Festival. Their adventures are brought to life with zany 4-D gags and special effects like wind, bubbles, water and other surprises.

Families can enjoy a delicious breakfast with Elmo and his friends on select days at SeaWorld. Guests also may purchase unique items including Sesame Street Bay of Play merchandise, at World of Azul, Sea Star Gifts and Main Mast gift shops.

Sesame Street Bay of Play is scheduled to open March 2011 and will be included with general admission to SeaWorld.

As a special offer through Jan. 2, 2011, SeaWorld San Antonio will begin selling a one-year pass combo. Starting in early October, guests can purchase an adult and child one-year pass for only $99.99 plus tax. This offer, available exclusively online, is the best deal the park has ever extended on an annual pass.

-SeaWorld-
Last edited by larrygator on Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:17 am.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Sea World San Antonio to add new kid's area in 2011

Postby jps294 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:29 pm

You can get information on the kid's area with 2 NEW RIDES here: http://www.seaworld.com/sitepage.aspx?PageID=977

On December 9th, 2010 they posted their first video update!!

On January 27th, 2011 the posted their second video update!!

To join the video contest (To win passes/tickets and get to be feature on the local news) go here: http://www.seaworld.com/sitepage.aspx?PageID=1014

If I go to SeaWorld on Feburary 28th, then expect a Photo Trip Report of the construction!!
Reside in Austin Texas but attend Mississippi State University during the school year! #HAILSTATE
Coaster Count: 53 (45 Steel, 8 Wood)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!