Lagoon Discussion Thread

P. 137 - TPR's Official Cannibal POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby thatonekid » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:35 pm

Well, Wicked's been open since June 1st.

Has anyone gone to Lagoon and rode it? Does anyone have pictures because I'm anxious to see them if you have have them.

sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me

Postby timberterror » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:07 pm

I rode it last week. It's by far the most fun coaster in the park. The launch is very unusual since it's all the way up the tower. It's very smooth and the restraints are very comfortable. The tower and the zero g have lots of airtime. It was very crowded when we were there and I wish I could have ridden more than twice.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby gnewton34 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:49 pm

Every time I see this thread I think it's about a ride based on the musical Wicked. :lolr:

Mr. October

Postby JimmyBo » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:58 pm

I went on Wicked this past weekend and I'm going to do a Photo and Video Trip Report soon. I must say that I was very disappointed in Wicked. I found The Spider to be my favorite ride at the park.
Look for the update later this week...In the mean time, here's a sample picture of Wicked
wicked17.JPG
WICKED!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby odene497 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:37 pm

^They sure know how to keep it running.

Resident MINI Enthusiast

Postby ElToroExtreme » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:41 pm

^^ Yay photo shopped pics!!!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby odene497 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:07 pm

^Wow I'm gullible.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby linearinduction » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:12 pm

thatonekid wrote:Well, Wicked's been open since June 1st.

Has anyone gone to Lagoon and rode it? Does anyone have pictures because I'm anxious to see them if you have have them.

We've had Continuous Coverage of Wicked Over on LagoonisFun.com lol

I don't know why people are so disappointed in Wicked. *shrugs*

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:30 pm

I enjoyed Wicked, but the pace after the MCBR is a little too slow for my taste. ...still it's a good ride and a great addition to the park. With that said, "The Spider" coaster ended up being my favorite ride in the park. :)

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Lagoon - New family coaster for 2011

Postby larrygator » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:13 am

Although this was announced back in May, just want to remind everyone of a new family coaster going in to Lagoon Amusement Park in 2011. It will be the park's 8th coaster.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700027891/Lagoon-to-add-new-roller-coaster-in-2011.html

FARMINGTON — Lagoon didn't have a new ride this season, for the first time in 18 years. However, the Intermountain area's largest amusement park has now confirmed that it will open a new family-oriented roller coaster in 2011.

"We're calling it a family coaster," Dick Andrew, Lagoon spokesman, said. "It's certainly not a blockbuster. … But it will be a fun ride."

It will be located south and east of the Jumping Dragon Ride. The new coaster will replace space occupied by two small picnic pavilions. Construction will start at the end of this season.

However, he stressed that this construction is not related to or near another project at the northeast end of Lagoon. That work, to the north of the Samurai and Hydro Luge rides, involves construction of a new road to connect the Lagoon Annex building, located at the corner of Farmington's Main Street and Park Lane intersection, with the rest of Lagoon.

Andrew likened the new family-friendly roller coaster to The Bat, a $3 million suspended roller coaster that Lagoon opened in 2005. Many families can't ride The Bat together because of its 42-inch and taller height restriction. He said the new ride has no height limit established yet.

Lagoon already has six other roller coasters — Wicked, Fire Dragon, White Wooden Roller Coaster, Jet Star, Puff and The Bat — depending on your definition of a coaster ride — so the new one would be the seventh (or eighth, if you include the Wild Mouse ride.)

Andrew said the new coaster will further enhance the family ride area of Lagoon.
Last edited by larrygator on Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:14 am.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!