TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

WOW! I'm definitely going to have to check out BGT when I go to Florida this summer! The ride looks very VERY long for a rocket coaster. Glad to see it will have multiple launch points which will be great for speed, and lots of blocking (capacity). I imagine it will be very exhilirating rushing over the savannah like that. Also looks like there's a possibility of some duel action...

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has sent us a press release regarding their latest phase of marketing for the 2011 coaster.

Amidst the latest round of internet rumors as to what Busch Gardens Tampa Bay may be building in Crown Colony Plaza, the adventure park launched today the next chapter in a teaser campaign that began early this summer.

Starting today, guests who log on to http://www.BuschGardens2011.com will have the opportunity to enter code words and unlock their first glimpse as to what the new attraction will look like. Each week, the site will offer another clue will be shared as to where to find the next code word. The first code word, “CHASE,” was shared on the park’s Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/BuschGardensTampaBay) this afternoon.

The BuschGardens2011.com site launched in June with a series of short videos highlighting attributes of the new attraction – including speed, power and agility – which could also be accessed by guests with smartphones via QR codes on the park’s construction walls. In August, the site began featuring a series of video messages by Busch Gardens officials offering hints about the theme and scope of the project.

This third phase – the most interactive yet for fans – will lead up to the official attraction announcement, which is scheduled for mid-October.

1987709189_CodeWordSite.thumb.jpg.bb933db87c2f5f8e76f92230b4f75fb8.jpg

I have come to fall more in love with the Busch Gardens family after spending a couple days at Busch Gardens Williamsburg this past summer!!

This is really exciting news for Tampa and I'm hoping this attraction will be complete by the time I hit up Florida!!

Bring it on!!

What I'm trying to figure out is what the design of the front car or the "zero car" (if it is one) looks like.

This is the best job Busch Gardens has done hyping a coaster up. They're really playing up to the enthusiasts and the GP about what this is going to be. A+ Busch Gardens. A+!

I fully agree. Busch is doing an amazing job hyping this coaster. The teaser videos are great.

That said, I just got to watch the video and my mouth dropped open. And I watched it 3 more times. I am seriously excited about this coaster!

Yeah there are two launches very early on. Launch out of the station then you go into that overbanked turn over the indoor cheetah holding area. Right after that turn its into the boosters to the tower.

I am not 100% sure about all the inversions, a while back someone showed me a picture from Busch that had the layout and there is one labeled "Heartline Roll over RR" which would be the element someone circled from the video. Then there is a "heartline roll" in the old rhino rally water area, and then a third "corkscrew" over the EoA path. That was pretty early though and some things may have changed.

After seeing the video of TPR on Furius Baco, I think I'd rather it not have Wing Walker trains.

This ride is looking seriously great. I like the idea of the multiple launches & it hugging the ground in certain spots. May have to make it back down to BGT this season.

Holy freakin WOW who would of thought 9 seconds could look so amazing

This ride is looking exactly like I thought it would... ground hugging, speed, pops of airtime, highly themed BGT looks to have a winner and that's just from 9 seconds, I can't wait to see the rest of it.

The tower element will be something like this. The drop may be less steep and I may have the support connections mixed up but thats the general idea. The track goes under that top banner from the launch in front of the station.

Looks like one of the trenches will have a waterfall at the end of it. I think this one is near the third launch.

Edited by Ratmead

These videos are going to be fun, they revealed a lot of info in the first one. I love the color of the track and the look of the trenches. The layout is already looking cool with a fast pop of airtime. The last airtime hill on Maverick is awesome. I bet Intamin took what was good on Maverick and Fahrenheit to create Cheetaka. Plus the figure 8 element will be something brand new.

Cheetaka is officially Florida's best coaster

WOW! This looks phenomenal...I really hope it does incorporate a lot of quick changes of direction like on Maverick in some point during the ride; from what I can see in this video it looks like it is mainly about speed, which makes sense given the theme, and that is certainly alright with me. I can't wait to see more because this ride is going to be soooo SICK!!!