TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

not to be Mean or anything but I'm on the crew we havent had green all season its been sitting back there the whole time

Should of taken a pic but it was there. It was sitting on it's up-stop wheels on top of the transfer track. Obviously they were not sure what they wanted to do with it. Did you take a few days off?

^Do you mean the gold train? I rode in the green train two weeks ago.....

I do know green has not run all season, especially two weeks ago. For the last two months it's been sitting inside Mean Streak.

I know what I saw, so unless it was Millennium Force's green train , Mean Streak's green train was sitting on the transfer track. I remember thinking why are they running two trains when there is a line half way down the stairs? As we left the station I saw it was sitting on its up-stops, which answered my question as green was un-operational.

Anyone here planning on being at Cedar Point next weekend, Saturday 9/25 specifically? We're coming in from Vegas for our yearly visit... this is the first time in about 5 years that I've been able to get out there for Halloweekends. If anyone wants to meet up for lunch (cheese on a stick, YAY) or to join us for some rides, drop me a line!

A portion of Cedar Point’s largest wooden roller coaster caught fire late Tuesday, but a quick response from Sandusky firefighters spared the ride from any major damage.

The city’s firefighters were called to the park at about 9:30 p.m. because the amusement park’s own firefighters were not there. The park is now closed during the week, open only on weekends for HalloWeekends.

Firefighters said a section of track near the Mean Streak’s second hill somehow caught fire. Workers at the park had been repairing the ride and replacing boards earlier on Tuesday, and part of that work required them to cut metal bolts.

Since there were no heating sources near the fire location, firefighters speculated one of those bolts heated up after being cut, then dropped near the wood. The hot wood may have smoldered for some time until the wind breathed life into the embers hours later and sparked a small blaze.

The fire was small, limited to a 5-foot section of track and boards near the Mean Streak’s second hill.

Crews using one ladder truck completely extinguished the flames by 10:30 p.m. Firefighters said park personnel already planned to replace the boards that burned, so the fire caused no lasting damage.

According to the park’s website, Mean Streak contains 1.7 million feet of Southern yellow pine.

This was the second fire at the park this year.

On July 6 a 5,000-square-foot service building at the park caught fire. Investigators never determined the cause, but suspected an electrical malfunction was to blame.

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/sandusky/2010/sep/22/small-blaze-snuffed-mean-streak

maybe there was a reason the Points fire crew werent there....

Kinzel trying to make some quick insurance money??

It's sad because if it had burned down it probably would of been a better ride.

The ride there on the fire truck would have been better.