TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

P.S : In the Mean Streak "junkyard" the Big Dipper trains from Geauga Lake are being stored and a few Double Loop cars.

Hmm, I need to keep an eye out for that when I head out to the park in a few weeks, with me being a Big Dipper fanboy and whatnot...

The blog was fun and useful before they had a Facebook, but now that everything is done through Facebook, there really is no need for the blog anymore. I know that since I "liked" CP on Facebook months ago and have been following the news there, I've probably only checked the blog a grand total of 2 or 3 times. I had easily checked it daily before then.

Edited by FeelTheFORCE

has anybody noticed this, wicked twister is over 200 feet tall, and wind seeker rises quite high above it

id say that you're placing a star flyer maybe 300 feet in the air with pilgrims plunge rated harnesses, and anyway the poles will be more sturdy than the chains and are probably needed for that hight

windseeker.jpg.3ae6f7ac4bdcaf5a85dea458895cdf4b.jpg

look at how you tower over the wicked twister

I love how all the Cedar point fanboys on Youtube were saying, 'ZOMG, WINDSEEKER IS A 300 FEET ROLLER COASTER?!!'.

And after everyone discovered it was a StarFlyer, everyone said, "This sucks.", or "I'm not buying Season Passes for 2011..", and my favorite comment, "Another epic fail by Cedar point..."

Honestly, I could care less that it isn't a coaster this year. Maverick was more than enough to quench my thirst for a new coaster at Cedar point, so I'm good until 2012-2013 without a coaster!

Honestly, when I heard about Windseeker, it sound terrifying! With only a seat holding you 300 feet in the air, nobody can say they wouldn't be scared!

Not sure if it has been discussed yet or not, but randomly today I was thinking about my trip in early August to Cedar Point and noticed a few coasters missing their third trains. Mantis' was obviously sitting underneath the breaks as always, however Mean Streak (gold train) and Corkscrew (i think white train) were no where to be seen. Has it been like this for a while?

'

^Mean Streak hasn't been running its third train all season. Which, as a result, has actually given the ride a line ! I'm not sure about Corkscrew, though. But then again, there aren't many days that would warrant a third train for that ride (it would just lead to massive stacking on the block brake, anyway).

^^ Green hasn't been running at all this season. I think I saw it on the transfer tracks when it was closed, but it's basically been red and gold all season.

So what do you guys think the lines will be like for Windseeker mid-next year? I'm hoping for it to be like a second Power Tower, but I'll guess 30 minutes.

^I noticed that too. That also happened to be one of the only smooth parts before the re-tracking. Leave it to Cedar Fair to re-track a smooth section .

^^ Green hasn't been running at all this season. I think I saw it on the transfer tracks when it was closed, but it's basically been red and gold all season.

It was sitting on top of the transfer track for about a week back in early June, probably while they were debating whether or not to put it back on the track for operation (obviously they didn't).

^I noticed that too. That also happened to be one of the only smooth parts before the re-tracking. Leave it to Cedar Fair to re-track a smooth section .

Smooth has nothing to do with it. If the area around there isn't structurally sound, they have to replace it. The track might have been fine, but if the bracing and/or supports weren't, then obviously that's something that needs to get fixed.

Top Thrill Dragster's orange train's shell is sitting in the Mean Streak in field area aswell.

Dragster will always have one train off the track, as they've pretty much gotten in their "operational niche" running it with 5 trains. Sometimes the 6th train will be on the transfer, other times it will be sitting in pieces somewhere, but what you saw isn't rare at all. Also, I believe it's the yellow train, but no need to get technical!

Smooth has nothing to do with it. If the area around there isn't structurally sound, they have to replace it. The track might have been fine, but if the bracing and/or supports weren't, then obviously that's something that needs to get fixed.

That's kind of what I figured. I probably should of typed that .

Although I wish CP would of just left it and let it collapse .

^ Actually, from what I remember, TTD ALWAYS had that 6th train sitting on the transfer. This is the first year I have not seen it there.

You are correct. There's been six trains somewhere on TTD's track/transfer since 2003 until the end of last season.

If you know where to look, you can notice that the GOLD train has been taken apart and put in the storage behind STR to be used as replacement parts for the other 5 trains. If you look closely while riding you'll notice that all of the parts on each train are labeled by train/car/side (such as BC/6/L or something), on some trains, there are parts from the gold train.

It was sitting on top of the transfer track for about a week back in early June, probably while they were debating whether or not to put it back on the track for operation (obviously they didn't).

Green has not even been close to the transfer track at all this season its been sitting in the same spot since at least May