Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1066: Finnegan's Flyer POV video
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: The Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:00 am

I like DarKastle a lot, but I do have one major gripe--I wish they would do something with that "chimney" area, where you just spin around in the dark. Maybe some lighting effects to simulate fire and smoke?

I miss the preshow, but they quit using it to speed up the line.
Last edited by cfc on Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:00 am.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Tunaboy407 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:44 pm

Busch Gardens has announced today that on september 18th they will announce their 2 year plan for Busch Gardens and Water Country U.S.A.. They say that both park will be receiving new attractions. i saw this this morning and now when i go back to look it just says big changes to your williamsburg parks. So we should wait and see what happens but I do remember seeing the 18th as the announcement date during their Pass holder appreciation weekend. :b

No man is useless in life... As long as he can be used as a bad example![url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/7b3aeab23f160bc5d2a65aa1f3be41b4.jpg[/img][/url]

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Vigil » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:06 pm

Praise the Lord, finally an announcement!

Now what are the going to announce (and for the next two years, too)?

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:34 pm

Hopefully something utilizing the land BBW and Drachen Fire occupied. New coasters, perhaps? :roll:

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby esvadj » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:19 am

I just got the email for pass holders. The 2 year plans will be revealed in the Festhaus Saturday September 18, 2010 at 11am for the first 1500 active pass holders. The park is also giving away prizes all weekend to random people all over the park for displaying your pass. (out of work dream squad? :) )

Sadly, I will not be able to attend the event on Saturday, but I do plan on going Sunday.

Here is a video teaser they sent out as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KDMa0VUWZM&feature=player_embedded

I think its going to be something tall by the looks of the video...

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:22 am

http://www.buschgardens.com/Bgw/CP/?page=bignews

Click to download video to your computer or iPod/iPhone

EDIT: Busch Gardens Williamsburg has sent us a press release regarding the upcoming announcement.

Rumors have been running rampant among theme park enthusiasts all year about the next major attraction coming to the Williamsburg parks. Well, the wait is almost over.

In just a few days, Busch Gardens and Water Country USA will unveil a two-year, multi-million dollar expansion plan representing the largest investment in the history of the parks. Officials are planning several additions to both Williamsburg-area parks as well as updates to one of Busch Gardens’ landmarks and expansion of a signature park event.

“We’re re-imagining the look and feel of some of the most recognizable areas of Busch Gardens,” said Park President John Reilly. “We’re revitalizing Busch Gardens and Water Country USA with new attractions so our guests can enjoy the parks for years to come.”

Officials will provide details on Sept. 18 for the parks’ most loyal fans at a special presentation during Busch Gardens’ Pass Member Appreciation Weekend.

The parks’ design and engineering teams will work with local contractors to build the attractions, the first of which will open next spring.

“This is a good news story for the entire region,” said Dick Schreiber, president of the Greater Williamsburg Chamber & Tourism Alliance. “New attractions mean more entertainment options for families visiting the Williamsburg region along with good jobs now that will boost the local economy during a critical time of the year.”

Fans can visit buschgardens.com/bignews for the most up-to-date attraction information. The site also provides links to updates on the parks’ official Facebook sites and park blog.
Big_News_FINAL.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:42 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

TPR's Movie Freak

Postby knottslover77 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:21 am

WOW, That is a horrible video. Im shocked.

--Jay

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby deguy123 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:28 am

Well I'm excited to see what they will be putting in and looking forward to heading back there hopefully next year. I havent been to Water Country though, hoepfully next time I go.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:32 am

knottslover77 wrote:WOW, That is a horrible video. Im shocked.

--Jay

It's just a teaser, dude. Relax.

As for me, I'll definitely be there on September 18. It's good to hear that Water Country will be getting some new stuff, as well.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Tunaboy407 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:57 pm

Just checked out the new Howl-O-Scream site and i must say that i am not impressed with the line up for this year. It is the same mazes and shows from last year but they actually removed the Cavern of darkness. So maybe they will put more emphasis on the scarezones but we will have to wait and see.

No man is useless in life... As long as he can be used as a bad example![url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/7b3aeab23f160bc5d2a65aa1f3be41b4.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!