TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

I'm pretty excited to hear how this ALONE house turns out. It sounds kinda scary but the up-charge seems a little outrageous if you ask me. $24.95 before hand or $34.95 when you get to the park? I can get into 3 or 4 haunted houses here in Ohio for that price!

I love HalloScreams,call me crazy but I think I have a better time every year at Hall-O_Screams than I do at Horror Nights. The houses aren't as good but are plenty fun and just as if not more scary. The environment in the park at night is great and Sheikra and Kumba night rides are incredible. Cant wait for the event this year!

If Hall-O-Screams had a Bill and Ted type show that was good the event would be complete. Then again is Horror Nights had Sheikra and KUmba it would be pretty incredible too.

We have planned an trip to Florida (25 sept - 12 oct) we are going to visit the Howl o Scream event (first time HOS), on the website i have seen some vip/guided tours of the HOS event, in Holland there are not much experiences with this. Is there someone here that followed an guided tour and can tell somthing about the experiences.

Also it is not clear to me with the front of line you get on the guided tour, is it included in the time of the tour, or is the front of line valid outside of the times from the tour.

I believe cheetas can excellerate to around 80 mph. So, I would assume that "0 to 60" was referencing the speed of the ride. I'm sure they picked the words for the script very carefully. Also, an extremely fast ride doesn't exactly mean a great ride, compare Revenge of the Mummy to one trick ponies like TTD and Kingda Ka, so I would wait until they release the layout before knocking the ride for it's speed.

I didn't knock it at all. If it's 60mph, that's perfectly fine if there's a layout that goes with it. And trust me, I like RotM ten times more than TTD or KK. It just seems a little surprising that a ride this long isn't going to go over 60mph.

And choosing words carefully doesn't mean they're actual facts. They're allowed to throw us off - they know we hang on to every last word they say. Also, I just did some research, and apparently cheetahs can reach from 0-64mph in three seconds, but can reach 75ish after that. 0-64 sounds a lot like 0-60 to me.

A little update from the park today. Not much to show, just some more dirt piles. The park was dead, so I got to check out Walkabout Way, which was pretty cool. Anyway, here are some pics.

HPIM2034.JPG.3c209af490fcd752ad44664d2ce6b74f.JPG

Hmmm, future attraction you say? I might wanna check this out!

HPIM2032.JPG.69297ff0cc6cbb68905f7d7efbe602dd.JPG

Hello mister construction truck. Smile!

HPIM2037.JPG.ae24fb4f24b267562ec3447e3f50a5b4.JPG

Still nothing inside the skyride station.

HPIM2040.JPG.ae64599894e599ac5ff06fc8c7041a3d.JPG

Rebar, rebar, rebar, rebar.

HPIM2043.JPG.2f98fedc8b05ad0183574b545d46a287.JPG

Barren field with this things growing out of the ground...

HPIM2045.JPG.b56807d8c207f76ed6905f504ab98b21.JPG

FOOTER!!!!!!! Oh wait, this has been here for a while, hasn't it...

HPIM2046.JPG.b07ecca34d9c79d78de9b126f6188d76.JPG

Wasn't this gonna be a trench?

HPIM2047.JPG.5fda4b95b7478b2949f1019b217301cb.JPG

DOUBLE FOOTER!!!

HPIM2048.JPG.4d52fb8f9569e3f2d90a50a9d551f6df.JPG

Giraffe!

HPIM2050.JPG.54120dc96d4c7ce09d401b9ad13a59e8.JPG

Walkabout way!

HPIM2053.JPG.f3af912c208d8cfe56b08f82db5c3e15.JPG

Tips on feeding the kangaroos.

HPIM2054.JPG.57122c802e3ddfd2e540ff69a6662bf8.JPG

It's difficult to feed kangaroos while standing on your head!

HPIM2055.JPG.74866b36f7a2e76d3c0124da73f1ade3.JPG

ALBINO WALLABy!!!

^ Last year we did The Feast which was a dinner before the event while the park was emptied. This had us already in the park and near the Mazes before the GP were let in. We managed to get in every house before the lines got too long and were able to ride some of the coasters as well. We didn't have a tour - but this worked out well.

David

Nobody ever visited the howl-o-scream event with an guided tour?

I've been on several BG guided Tours, tho, not this one. The Ultimate Tour specifically says you get unlimited front of line access the entire nite, while the other two do not state unlimited, they do state front of line access. And honestly, given parking is 15 dollars, and the Mega tour gives you free parking, i would jump all over the Mega tour, with everything you get, it is for sure the best value for your dollar. Bottom line is, you won't be disappointed with a BG tour, they really treat you like a VIP

Sorry guys didnt know about the whole 50 post link thing and about spamming sorry.

So heres some of the pics and the rest can be found at the website (in my signature)

Look at the second and third pictures.

Picture number two has an Intamin car in it,

Picture number three proves there will be launches (not that we already knew that)

I hate to think that these pictures were stolen, nonetheless, I have enjoyed looking at them, especially the sign telling you to "keep head erect" hmmm, were have I heard that before. Anyway, noticed in the platform photos two load areas, so that should speed things up a bit.