Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 733 - Two Villainous New Thrill Rides for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Homeboy23 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:30 pm

That's great they got GASM running.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby downunder » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:34 am

I'm absolutely amazed as well they got GASM going, or any of those other ones under water, poor mindbender - I love that coaster.

I was right by that lake near GASM in July and I never would have imagined.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby hothitz2000 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:45 pm

I was there on sat, and all the coasters were open except for mindbender. I was shocked to see gasm open after what it looked like a few days ago.

The lickskillet section of the park was closed as well, but I noticed a crew of people power washing the area.

Sat was a great day to visit. There may have been a few hundred people in the park all day. Everything was a walk on, and we got ert on several coasters thru-out the day.

I noticed that they had a staging like area in the parking lot, where they were washing off park equipment and vending machines.

Some areas of the park stunk a little bit, but not too bad.

Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:51 pm

I'm going to the park this weekend but rain is called for until Thursday - has this ever happened twice in one year?

Bubbles!

Postby ParkTrips » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:39 am

Yes, and we're gonna see some more rain, and there will probably some localized flooding, but I highly doubt it would be enough to affect your visit to the park this weekend since the weather should be better by Friday

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Squid » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:59 am

I'd like to say thank you to everyone who has wished us well. While I don't represent the park, I do work there, and it helps a lot that people were and are concerned about us and the park's well being. Knowing that people care really helps. Thank you.

Squid

Donkeys are my way of life!

Fright Fest

Postby coasterbear30 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:50 am

I was there on Saturday night(10/10) for Fright Fest and everything was open, even Mindbender and GASM. Begin Rant>BTW, Six Flags does a terrible job for fright fest. There were all of 7 scare actors in the whole park and they weren't even trying to scare people and the halloween decorations were lack luster at best. I am assuming that a lot of this is because of the bankruptcy. Oh, and a 10 dollar upcharge for one haunted house is ridiculous! Why can't we have haunts like the Cedar Fair parks? I would gladly pay an extra admission if there were several haunted houses and scare zones. <End Rant

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Squid » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:08 am

For those of you who are interested... the flood here in Atlanta was rated as "off the charts"... literally. This area of the world receives about 45" of rainfall a year, on average. The storm that caused the flood dropped 20" of rain in a single day! The highest rating on the chart was a 500 year flood, and this one easily topped it.

Just an fyi...

Squid

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby coasterfreaky » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:08 am

Squid wrote:For those of you who are interested... the flood here in Atlanta was rated as "off the charts"... literally. This area of the world receives about 45" of rainfall a year, on average. The storm that caused the flood dropped 20" of rain in a single day! The highest rating on the chart was a 500 year flood, and this one easily topped it.

Just an fyi...

Squid

Thanks for that info. I think that makes it all the more impressive that the folks at SFOG were, for the most part, able to clean it up in just a few days. I was skeptical given that 20" of rain had fallen. Kudos SFOG!

Site Admin

Six Flags Over Georgia Announces Dare Devil Dive

Postby robbalvey » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:52 am

Six Flags Over Georgia Announces Dare Devil Dive

daredevil.jpg

http://www.sixflags.com/overGeorgia/rides/daredevildive.aspx

Calling all daredevils!!!

In 2011, Six Flags Over Georgia will introduce Dare Devil Dive, a "euro fighter" coaster with an amazing drop that's BEYOND vertical.

Dare Devil Dive's mission begins as you're pulled straight up to the sky on a special vertical chain lift, then slowly roll to the top of the tower nearly 100-feet in the air. After an agonizing pause at the crest of the summit, you plummet downward at an angle that is beyond straight down — it actually angles inward at a blistering 52 mph.

Then you careen through a thrilling combination of diving loops while executing three inversions before you catch air on a zero gravity hill and swoop across the dreaded Immelman vertical U turn stretched high above the ground. The crescendo builds as the car dives toward the ground and up into a Heartline roll before being slowed by the magnetic brakes. Whew!

Dare Devil Dive will be the 11th coaster in Six Flags Over Georgia's already stellar coaster line-up.

DARE DEVIL DIVE BY THE NUMBERS
Height Restriction: 48"
Flash Pass: Yes
Height: 95 foot vertical lift
Length: 2,099
Top Speed: 52 mph

Features Country's first beyond vertical dive

Three inversions

Opening: Memorial Day Weekend, 2011

Manufacturer: Gerstlauer Amusement Rides
Last edited by robbalvey on Fri May 27, 2011 1:16 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!