Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1717 - Firehawk to be removed after the 2018 season
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: The Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby A113 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:49 pm

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby chemical_echo » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:58 pm

I really hope two parks in the same state don't receive the same ride with the same name.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:03 pm

It sounds like a starflyer just because if it were a coaster with that type of height, some sort of construction would have started already.

I think something like this would be nice for a park like Michigans adventure. They lack decent whirl and twirls. Any news on Michigans adventure next year?
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Reon » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:37 pm

DBru wrote:So...Kings Island is getting a 300ft new thrill ride next year, the announcement is tomorrow, and the park hasn't hyped up or hinted towards the attraction AT ALL until this afternoon?

W.T.F... :?r

My thoughts exactly. Being the KI homeboy I am, I'm really suprised I heard nothing about this anouncement until a few hours ago, and its only about 13.5 until the big announcement. Shame I'll be working Coney from 10-6.....Oh well, cant wait to come home and find out or get texted by JZ/Ted (I have a feeling ONE of them will end up spilling it...)
Proud Coney Island Ride-op for 6 years!
Kings Island MSD/Racer crew of 2011
Kings Island Vortex/Windseeker crew of 2012-2013
Best Coaster Ever: :airtimer: Phoenix :airtimer: Top Steel: Intimidator 305 (Maverick in CLOSE 2nd)

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Postby chadster » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:15 am

well boys and girls, looks like everyone is slated to get a stratosoar that's making an announcement today, so that makes it 4 CF parks in all, wow, talk about putting all your peas in one pod, lol.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby Capitalize » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:53 am

They had to have gotten a good deal on those rides to get so many in one year... :lmao:

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby angryemobeaver » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:02 am

$4,291,908,183 says it's Wind Seeker....
I have a hard time ranking coasters so here are just some of my favorites
|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Voyage|Shivering Timbers|Goliath SFOG|Fahrenheit|Banshee|Mystery Mine|Cornball Express|Cheetah Hunt|

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby AndCamSS » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:22 am

The only question is where in the park will they put it? I'll take a wild guess and say it goes where the Paramount walk thing was at or in the Coney Mall somewhere.

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:05 am

"Test: the Ride"? :lmao:

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby PCW_Nut » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:14 am

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/public/park/rides/thrill_rides/windseeker.cfm
WindSeeker to debut at Kings Island in 2011
301-foot-tall swing ride to send adventure seekers soaring
If you think riding Drop Tower at Kings Island is a thrill (and it is – riders enjoy a breathtaking view of the region as they ascend toward the sky, then take a 26-story freefall at 64 mph), wait until next year!

Kings Island will continue to change the landscape for thrill seekers in 2011 with WindSeeker, a 301-foot-tall tower that will spin riders 30 stories above the park. Seated in two-person swings that will allow their feet to dangle, riders will slowly begin rotating in a circular motion as the swings ascend the tower. At the top, the swings will reach speeds up to 30 mph, flaring out 45 degrees from the tower. WindSeeker will accommodate 64 riders (32 swings) per ride cycle.

"The addition of WindSeeker reflects our commitment to providing our guests with world-class thrills, fun and fantastic family entertainment," Kings Island vice-president and general manager Greg Scheid said. "Soaring 300 feet above Kings Island will provide an exciting ride experience for our guests."

WindSeeker will be located in the Coney Mall section of the park near the Vortex ride exit.

The $5 million ride is manufactured by Mondial (pronounced mohn-DEE-ahl), a 23-year-old Dutch-based company. Riders must be at least 48 inches tall to ride and will be secured with individual over-the-head lap bars with interlocking seat belts.

WindSeeker will make its debut when Kings Island opens for the 2011 season in the spring.

Located in: Coney Mall
KI_Windseeker01.jpg
KI_Windseeker02.jpg
KI_Windseeker03.jpg
KI_Windseeker05.jpg
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:22 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!