Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 807: Tigris track installation now complete!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 24 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Open Up Happiness

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT, BGA) Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:51 pm

http://www.howloscream.com/tampa#/home/

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has updated its website to include information on all of this year's houses, scarezones, shows and more.

Houses

My X: Revenge Rocks- My X is the hottest underground band in town, and its devoted fans are dying to meet Sylvie and her killer group. After sneaking backstage and discovering the disturbing truth behind the cruel lyrics, the quest to "get in with the band" quickly changes to a life-or-death race to get out.

Taste of Blood: A Different Vein- Once revered as royalty, hordes of undead vampires have now been forced underground into the subways and sewers to avoid the sunlight. By day, they feed on rats to survive. But as night falls, these fanged fiends take to the streets to seduce fresh blood.

Nightshade Toy Factory: Son of Nightshade- By day, the old Nightshade Toy Factory appears abandoned. But as night falls, the mysterious manufacturing plant is aglow and hums with blood-curdling shrieks. You'll run for your life when this already-bizarre factory tour turns into the Son of Nightshade and his possessed playthings seeking revenge on his twisted, toymaking father.

Trapped in the Walls: Ghostchaser- The gruesome fate of an innocent family made headlines when their bodies were discovered years ago. Today, you'll join a paranormal research team as they attempt to reveal the house's horrible history by investigating the dark demons trapped by the lingering evil that has seeped into the walls.

Deconstruction: The Doctor is Out of Control- Dr. Edger VonAngst has the skill and technology to make you over...but what will you become? This mad reconstructive surgeon has fallen one notch deeper into insanity with mechanical pieces, combining flesh, bone and steel in the most hideous ways.

Death Row Vengeance: No Escape- The inmates at Grey Echo Penitentiary are slated for execution, and they blame you. With their last breath, they curse those who do nothing to save them from the electric chair or lethal injection and vow tohaunt those who watched them suffer. Will you make it out alive when they come back to make good on their dying promise?

Delta Epsilon Delta: Extreme Rush (D.E.D.er)- Sisterhood is forever, and the torture and pain of sorority life amp up to a new extreme during Rush Week 2010. ∆E∆ alumni return to celebrate a new chapter in the house's dark history, marked by the mysterious chapter's new My X anthem, "It' never been better than to be D.E.D.er!"

Alone- The derange Master Alexander Daedalus opened Minotaur Storage to house his vast collection of "cultural" remains. But now his sinister obsession with hoarding has expanded to stockpiling people. Escape this lunatic's labyrinth or you will become part of his collection. Can you make it out ALONE?

Note: The Alone House is an upcharge attraction with an admission fee seperate from the standard Howl-O-Scream admission ticket. Entry to Alone is $24.95 when purchased in advance and is $34.95 when purchased at the park.

Scare Zones

Road Trip- Free-wheeling college students set out on a road trip to see their favorite band, MyX. But when their van breaks down on a deserted road, the stranded students soon discover that the forest surrounding them is filled with half-man half-beast creatures with a taste for human blood.

Crazed Love- The bleeding hearts of jilted lovers unite through their stories of heartbreak. From the bride left at the altar to the woman who has been cheated on one too many times, these depressed devotees will go to any length to un-break their hearts and claim revenge. Happy Together doesn't happen here.

Xtreme Fanatics- My X's most devoted and deranged followers call themselves X-treme FANatics. They unite to share their obsessive dedication in hopes of finding new converts and erect a shrine to their beloved Sylvie and her killer band. They will stop at nothing to prove they are the ultimate fans!

Spiders and Snakes- A meteor crashed to earth, creating a glowing beacon that lures all things creepy and crawly. Snakes slither and spiders sneak in swarms larger than your nightmares can imagine. Shivers will crawl up and down your spine when you traverse this path infested with some of the most feared creatures on earth.

Light of Doom- Try to collect your senses as specters of light and shadow blur the line between this world and the next. Here, you will be challenged to wander through a maze of illumination and fog. Eerie apparitions confound and confuse as they try to trick unsuspecting guests "into the light."

Shows

My X Live- Killer band My X will rock all 18 nights of Howl-O-Scream with performances at 10:30 p.m. and midnight every night on the Pathway Stage in Gwazi Plaza.

Blood Relations- Ready for a bloody good time? In the great hall of Blood Manor, the will of the recently deceased Lady Betty Blood is read for her surviving relatives. This sinister musical is packed with sadistic humor and a family of relatives with more than just skeletons in their closets.

Fiends- Is there a doctor in the house? These captivating creatures of the night will infect you with dance fever and keep your pulse pounding with their deranged dance party. But when Dr. Freakensteins naught nurses start operating, the diagnosis is always "code pink."

Club

Club X- Grab your entourage and head to the transformed Marrakesh Theater to party like a rock star at Howl-O-Scream's exclusive 21+ dance club. This adults-only nighttime playground keeps the energy pumping all night long with non-stop music, premium signature cocktails, drink specials, and exclusive appearances by Howl-O-Scream's most terrifying celebrities.

Shop

Howl-O-Scream Shop of Horrors- Remember your evening of evil with the perfect Howl-O-Scream souvenir, including Sylvie's signature jewelry, exclusive My X concert tees and other Halloween-themed gifts. Then, smile through the pain and snap the perfect party pic with the ∆E∆ girls at an exclusive photo op thats not for the faint of heart.
Screen shot 2010-08-19 at 7.48.09 PM.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby diverguy59 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:36 pm

I'm pretty excited to hear how this ALONE house turns out. It sounds kinda scary but the up-charge seems a little outrageous if you ask me. $24.95 before hand or $34.95 when you get to the park? I can get into 3 or 4 haunted houses here in Ohio for that price!
Enjoy the ride.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby downunder » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:10 pm

I'm already going to HOS, so I'll do Alone for sure, and I'll do it alone - bring it on. It's going to be huge night - Fright Feast, Mega Tour and Alone.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:20 am

I love HalloScreams,call me crazy but I think I have a better time every year at Hall-O_Screams than I do at Horror Nights. The houses aren't as good but are plenty fun and just as if not more scary. The environment in the park at night is great and Sheikra and Kumba night rides are incredible. Cant wait for the event this year!
If Hall-O-Screams had a Bill and Ted type show that was good the event would be complete. Then again is Horror Nights had Sheikra and KUmba it would be pretty incredible too.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Powermage » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:50 pm

We have planned an trip to Florida (25 sept - 12 oct) we are going to visit the Howl o Scream event (first time HOS), on the website i have seen some vip/guided tours of the HOS event, in Holland there are not much experiences with this. Is there someone here that followed an guided tour and can tell somthing about the experiences.
Also it is not clear to me with the front of line you get on the guided tour, is it included in the time of the tour, or is the front of line valid outside of the times from the tour.

Meep Meep!

Postby Lenaapple1974 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:00 pm

Finally was able to view it. Yeah, definitely has some key words in there. They are so not nice for teasing us! :lmao: I cannot wait!!!!
Coaster Count - OMG...I completely lost count... How do you all do it?
Man, I really need to update my Photo TR from last year!! >:O
2012 - SoCal and everything I can cram into the week!
2013 - Back to Orlando!

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:43 pm

Just a thought on the 'zero-to-sixty' comment he made - isn't that how fast cheetahs run? Maybe that isn't actually a coaster statistic (I would hope it goes faster, honestly) but instead just a clue into the theme of the ride? It's also a general saying, really.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby CD » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:04 am

I believe cheetas can excellerate to around 80 mph. So, I would assume that "0 to 60" was referencing the speed of the ride. I'm sure they picked the words for the script very carefully. Also, an extremely fast ride doesn't exactly mean a great ride, compare Revenge of the Mummy to one trick ponies like TTD and Kingda Ka, so I would wait until they release the layout before knocking the ride for it's speed.
- Come visit me at Test Track, Mission Space, and Spaceship Earth in EPCOT over at WDW, I would love to meet some more TPR members!

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:22 am

I didn't knock it at all. If it's 60mph, that's perfectly fine if there's a layout that goes with it. And trust me, I like RotM ten times more than TTD or KK. It just seems a little surprising that a ride this long isn't going to go over 60mph.

And choosing words carefully doesn't mean they're actual facts. They're allowed to throw us off - they know we hang on to every last word they say. Also, I just did some research, and apparently cheetahs can reach from 0-64mph in three seconds, but can reach 75ish after that. 0-64 sounds a lot like 0-60 to me.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby jjune4991 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:29 pm

A little update from the park today. Not much to show, just some more dirt piles. The park was dead, so I got to check out Walkabout Way, which was pretty cool. Anyway, here are some pics.
HPIM2034.JPG
Hmmm, future attraction you say? I might wanna check this out!
HPIM2032.JPG
Hello mister construction truck. Smile!
HPIM2037.JPG
Still nothing inside the skyride station.
HPIM2040.JPG
Rebar, rebar, rebar, rebar.
HPIM2043.JPG
Barren field with this things growing out of the ground...
HPIM2045.JPG
FOOTER!!!!!!! Oh wait, this has been here for a while, hasn't it...
HPIM2046.JPG
Wasn't this gonna be a trench?
HPIM2047.JPG
DOUBLE FOOTER!!!
HPIM2048.JPG
Giraffe!
HPIM2050.JPG
Walkabout way!
HPIM2053.JPG
Tips on feeding the kangaroos.
HPIM2054.JPG
It's difficult to feed kangaroos while standing on your head!
HPIM2055.JPG
ALBINO WALLABy!!!

TPR Trip: InimidaTOUR
TPR Bash: East Coast Bash (2010), Busch Gardens Bash

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!