TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

Isn't the ongoing rumor that the coaster is going to be call Cheetka?

The speed of a cheetah with the airtime of a kangaroo.

Wouldn't that be a Cheetaroo?

Awesome vid! It really get me excited to get back to this park.

Guy "The Swahili translation for the word Cheeta is Cheeta! So I'm guessing Shaka Zoolo!" Koepp

All of the sudden, going back to Disney/Orlando next spring took on a whole new interest for me. We may just have to make that drive over to Tampa. As already said, great idea BGT, looking forward to the next installment.

I'm quite looking forward to how this baby will turn out.

If it gives you that 'close-up' feeling with animals that the River ride at Flamingoland does, it'll be fantastic. Obviously, if they are planning that up-close personal theme with the animal encounters, then I'm sure that Busch will try and push the boundaries a little more then just floating by a lion exhibit (reference to the boat ride). I mean, it seems like they are trying to push and get known with their new rides and attractions lately, just look at the 'Alone' concept for Howl-O-Scream. Such a novel yet simple response to that 'alone feeling'.

sheikra.jpg.ab7325c92143e4989fc1866dc0389672.jpg

Still a great ride and not a bad way to end the work day!

I made it out to the park last week one night after work to check out the construction progress and experience some of the Summer Nights festivities before they end this weekend. I couldn't believe how many walls had gone up and the new pathway from the Edge of Africa looks pretty good. It will be good to hear an official announcement hopefully this fall. Here are a few photos I took.

sign.jpg.2ea1cd218c29069d1360d39db6c44f41.jpg

The park's Summer Nights program keeps the park open until 9pm or 10pm. This is late for Busch Gardens Tampa.

topary.jpg.9877edf482d56c3fba91594aa331f271.jpg

I had to check out the new Walkabout Way.

albino.jpg.f0c030ab0af6a9d19038edc0f6c79c3c.jpg

I must say this is the first time I have ever seen an albino Kangaroo.

fence.jpg.8c341aa4376f09a86cee8ab0570598f4.jpg

I thought the park could have made the look of Walkabout Way a little more elaborate. But the experience is pretty cool. How many places can you hand feed kangaroos?

roo.jpg.18bbae85d0c7f9104ee76e3384b2c55d.jpg

It was nice that the animals in Walkabout Way were able to free-roam around the exhibit.

coaster1.jpg.fd3cc8b22007296172b78646d1984815.jpg

Hopefully this time next year, this view will look dramatically different.

footer2.jpg.5ab355388c5d5c1042f7c628d8717997.jpg

The new pathway from Narobi over to The Edge of Africa.

footers1.jpg.35934a69737f3aa7bc8fffeb3779d59d.jpg

Preview of good things to come!

footers3.jpg.4a48aa8e6a9299a759f454481ee0d686.jpg

Other side of the new parthway.

safari.jpg.60d074ccaf3dd3ba12cb07ecd56423f5.jpg

The Serengeti Safari's new loading/unloading area.

edge.jpg.bd7c6b9cdfb6ddc5516c0410011fec2d.jpg

Taking the new pathway to the Edge of Africa area near the Lion exhibit.

wall12.jpg.39294776b1817efafd7a99c7dd0abd2e.jpg

Entering the Crown Colony area.

wall8.jpg.9d1fca29a6d65f9f66388e49ce66e15f.jpg

For all the wall lovers, these next few photos are for you!

wall5.jpg.c72c30be64890f87cd583de8ea062f2c.jpg

Maybe the new coaster station?

wall6.jpg.198a9935b6788d9a750f54bbfc910c8c.jpg

Feel the Speed!

wall7.jpg.ffb4b69698eb368078b128428a6ab6e3.jpg

More of the Crown Colony area.

wall9.jpg.ba84fa60d3e00d2c47239ea4a365c880.jpg

wall11.jpg.a4b54ac1dd0ae13c28219d6c4bc0077f.jpg

wall4.jpg.f94b60fadff22e64773321d909af0560.jpg

Heading back to Narobi.

wall3.jpg.131ff1ebc7a209db052eb27c3ead62bb.jpg

Looking back at the Crown Colony area.

wall2.jpg.4fed8a9f7e761cd954d0915eae1e8b51.jpg

Near the Narobi park entrance.

wall1.jpg.050a3d2a6dd7f149f71321791c479ce0.jpg

That's it for this update. Glad to see so much progress is going on for next year's big attraction!

stage.jpg.f8b3b3108cee26bf0d9ce2e43080e7b9.jpg

Almost forgot, I checked out the Kinetix Summer Nights rock show. The stunts were pretty impressive!

Agreed, that Kinetix stunt show was very imressive. I'm sad I only went to see it once this season. (which is a shame, since I generally visit the park 1 to 2 times a month...) And since it was towards the end of the Summer Nights season, didn't leave myself an opportunity to see it again. Hopefully BGT will bring it back again next year too... As for all that construction, I'm drooling more and more every day... Spring of 2011 (May I'm sure...) can't come soon enough... I actually went two weeks in a row (last Wed and this Thurs) and the construction walls near Caravan Crossing gift shop (near Nairobi Gate) had all new teaser photos on them in just that weeks time...

Cant wait to see this new ride. Will get to see the construction for myself when I jet over in 2 weeks!

Has anyone seen the teaser stuff with the barcodes on a smart phone?

I've tried with mine but the site we get redirected too doesnt work from Ireland, maybe it only works in the US?

OK, so we know the following so far:

- Something, one of a kind

- Zero to 60MPH launch

- Interact with the animals

- Largest Footprint of any BGA coaster (thanks ghost007jas)

Anything else I'm missing?

Edited by larrygator

The QR barcodes in fact link to videos on the website. Six of them point to simple "teasers", while the last one points to the video previously mentioned.

The first six videos mention:

Speed

Spirit

Chase

Power

Accelerate

Agility

Here are a few pictures from last Saturday

IMG_8547.JPG.4e8c9d53a1951f82db1b1e700b51af1b.JPG

The old monorail station has a hole cut in the roof.

IMG_8550.JPG.0926a2e013b3119383dca92828212ae7.JPG

IMG_8553.JPG.eb7d6c2f21cbbbe3497ef8c37d40a464.JPG

Dirt near the Crown Colony area

IMG_8554.JPG.28c3c24dcf0f5b4df50b6fb2cc0534c0.JPG

I'm not sure what is going to happen with the old Clydesdale building. We miss the donkey!

http://www.howloscream.com/tampa#/home/

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has updated its website to include information on all of this year's houses, scarezones, shows and more.

Houses

My X: Revenge Rocks- My X is the hottest underground band in town, and its devoted fans are dying to meet Sylvie and her killer group. After sneaking backstage and discovering the disturbing truth behind the cruel lyrics, the quest to "get in with the band" quickly changes to a life-or-death race to get out.

Taste of Blood: A Different Vein- Once revered as royalty, hordes of undead vampires have now been forced underground into the subways and sewers to avoid the sunlight. By day, they feed on rats to survive. But as night falls, these fanged fiends take to the streets to seduce fresh blood.

Nightshade Toy Factory: Son of Nightshade- By day, the old Nightshade Toy Factory appears abandoned. But as night falls, the mysterious manufacturing plant is aglow and hums with blood-curdling shrieks. You'll run for your life when this already-bizarre factory tour turns into the Son of Nightshade and his possessed playthings seeking revenge on his twisted, toymaking father.

Trapped in the Walls: Ghostchaser- The gruesome fate of an innocent family made headlines when their bodies were discovered years ago. Today, you'll join a paranormal research team as they attempt to reveal the house's horrible history by investigating the dark demons trapped by the lingering evil that has seeped into the walls.

Deconstruction: The Doctor is Out of Control- Dr. Edger VonAngst has the skill and technology to make you over...but what will you become? This mad reconstructive surgeon has fallen one notch deeper into insanity with mechanical pieces, combining flesh, bone and steel in the most hideous ways.

Death Row Vengeance: No Escape- The inmates at Grey Echo Penitentiary are slated for execution, and they blame you. With their last breath, they curse those who do nothing to save them from the electric chair or lethal injection and vow tohaunt those who watched them suffer. Will you make it out alive when they come back to make good on their dying promise?

Delta Epsilon Delta: Extreme Rush (D.E.D.er)- Sisterhood is forever, and the torture and pain of sorority life amp up to a new extreme during Rush Week 2010. ∆E∆ alumni return to celebrate a new chapter in the house's dark history, marked by the mysterious chapter's new My X anthem, "It' never been better than to be D.E.D.er!"

Alone- The derange Master Alexander Daedalus opened Minotaur Storage to house his vast collection of "cultural" remains. But now his sinister obsession with hoarding has expanded to stockpiling people. Escape this lunatic's labyrinth or you will become part of his collection. Can you make it out ALONE?

Note: The Alone House is an upcharge attraction with an admission fee seperate from the standard Howl-O-Scream admission ticket. Entry to Alone is $24.95 when purchased in advance and is $34.95 when purchased at the park.

Scare Zones

Road Trip- Free-wheeling college students set out on a road trip to see their favorite band, MyX. But when their van breaks down on a deserted road, the stranded students soon discover that the forest surrounding them is filled with half-man half-beast creatures with a taste for human blood.

Crazed Love- The bleeding hearts of jilted lovers unite through their stories of heartbreak. From the bride left at the altar to the woman who has been cheated on one too many times, these depressed devotees will go to any length to un-break their hearts and claim revenge. Happy Together doesn't happen here.

Xtreme Fanatics- My X's most devoted and deranged followers call themselves X-treme FANatics. They unite to share their obsessive dedication in hopes of finding new converts and erect a shrine to their beloved Sylvie and her killer band. They will stop at nothing to prove they are the ultimate fans!

Spiders and Snakes- A meteor crashed to earth, creating a glowing beacon that lures all things creepy and crawly. Snakes slither and spiders sneak in swarms larger than your nightmares can imagine. Shivers will crawl up and down your spine when you traverse this path infested with some of the most feared creatures on earth.

Light of Doom- Try to collect your senses as specters of light and shadow blur the line between this world and the next. Here, you will be challenged to wander through a maze of illumination and fog. Eerie apparitions confound and confuse as they try to trick unsuspecting guests "into the light."

Shows

My X Live- Killer band My X will rock all 18 nights of Howl-O-Scream with performances at 10:30 p.m. and midnight every night on the Pathway Stage in Gwazi Plaza.

Blood Relations- Ready for a bloody good time? In the great hall of Blood Manor, the will of the recently deceased Lady Betty Blood is read for her surviving relatives. This sinister musical is packed with sadistic humor and a family of relatives with more than just skeletons in their closets.

Fiends- Is there a doctor in the house? These captivating creatures of the night will infect you with dance fever and keep your pulse pounding with their deranged dance party. But when Dr. Freakensteins naught nurses start operating, the diagnosis is always "code pink."

Club

Club X- Grab your entourage and head to the transformed Marrakesh Theater to party like a rock star at Howl-O-Scream's exclusive 21+ dance club. This adults-only nighttime playground keeps the energy pumping all night long with non-stop music, premium signature cocktails, drink specials, and exclusive appearances by Howl-O-Scream's most terrifying celebrities.

Shop

Howl-O-Scream Shop of Horrors- Remember your evening of evil with the perfect Howl-O-Scream souvenir, including Sylvie's signature jewelry, exclusive My X concert tees and other Halloween-themed gifts. Then, smile through the pain and snap the perfect party pic with the ∆E∆ girls at an exclusive photo op thats not for the faint of heart.

450450188_Screenshot2010-08-19at7_48_09PM.jpg.0b1276aed98e228882a4673d5e2153d1.jpg