Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I own the website www.donkey.com

Re: Valleyfair! (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby Calicoasters » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:41 am

SharkTums wrote:No, sorry, I'd much rather bring my kid to a kids area SHE enjoys and SHE knows the characters. Not ones that I constantly have to try to explain to her.

Yeah, my Nephew thinks Snoopy is Charlie Brown, or is it Charlie Brown is Snoopy?... Either way he would NO trouble identifying Sponge Bob or Patrick.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby triggernel » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:11 pm

Umm, there are hundreds of Peanuts characters statues around the Twin Cities. We are the birth place of Charles Schulz, the creator of the Peanuts. We had Camp Snoopy at the MOA, and when that was taken out people were devastated. If they market the heck out of this place, this will be huge for MN, unlike the response the rest of the CF parks have gotten.

I think this is the perfect market for the Twin Cities.

PS: I have young siblings, and they could care less about who the rides are themed after. As long as there is someone they can hug and get their picture taken with, they don't care who it is.
Snoochie Boochie

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Looty » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:36 am

I would usually agree with the argument that Snoopy is an outdated brand, but I think Snoopy is a perfect fit for Valleyfair! A Planet Snoopy addition would be 100x better than the current kids offerings at the park and it would also put a face on the park for many families in the area.

Snoopy does have a special place in the hearts of Minnesotans and I believe most will embrace the addition. I was working at Camp Snoopy when they terminated the Peanuts contract and it really did upset a lot of people. There were news stories every week, guests would always ask me why when they got on my ride, etc. It seemed like people actually cared.

I think the park has a tremendous opportunity to capture a larger market share with a Planet Snoopy addition. At the same time, I think expectations will be quite high and Planet Snoopy will be often be compared to the old Camp Snoopy. Don't mess this up, Valleyfair!

Plus, the only character that the park has is Colonel Oohmpapa (I really don't care to look up the correct spelling :) ) and he scares more kids than he entertains.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby jps294 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:55 pm

Valleyfair confirms Planet Snoopy!
It is with great excitement and pleasure that Valleyfair has announced its plans for Planet Snoopy!

Costing an estimated $9 million, construction for Planet Snoopy will begin immediately after the end of the regular season (after Labor Day) and is currently scheduled to be completed for the start of the 2011 season. Planet Snoopy construction will in no way impede or diminish the Halloween Haunt beginning September 18th and running through October 31st.

It is a very exciting time for all of us at Valleyfair and we believe Planet Snoopy will provide our guests with fun the whole family can enjoy. Current plans for Planet Snoopy indicate 7 rides will be re-themed and 6 new rides will be introduced along with one additional attraction. Planet Snoopy will also include a brand new Family Care Center. The midways of Planet Snoopy will be re-done with pavers, as was done for other sections of Valleyfair prior to the 2010 season.

To help prepare you for the grand opening of Planet Snoopy in 2011, Valleyfair is now offering a Super Pass which is valid for the rest of the 2010 season and all of the 2011 season. Valleyfair is thrilled to welcome Snoopy and the gang back home and can’t wait to share them with all our guests in 2011. We look forward to seeing all of you again for the grand opening of Planet Snoopy!

http://www.valleyfair.com/public/information/planetsnoopy.cfm

Welcome, Planet Snoopy!

SHAKOPEE, MINN., August 6th, 2010— It’s a new look with an old friend as Snoopy and the Gang are finally coming home! Valleyfair is proud to announce it will be opening Planet Snoopy for our 2011 season. “It is a very exciting time for Valleyfair as Snoopy and his friends make our park their new home.” says Larry MacKenzie, Vice President and General Manager of Valleyfair. Planet Snoopy will be located in what is currently known as KidWorks.
Construction on Planet Snoopy will begin this fall and is anticipated to be completed in plenty of time for the opening of the park next season. Current plans for the project include an estimated 5 re-themed rides and the addition of 14 new rides and attractions. Planet Snoopy will provide fun for the whole family as well as give Valleyfair a fresh and exciting new look.

The arrival of PEANUTScharacters in the park is fitting because it was Minnesota native, Charles Schultz, who introduced the PEANUTS characters to the country in 1950. Snoopy, Charlie Brown and the others became one of the most celebrated and popular cartoon strips in history, spawning television specials, movies, toys, dolls and countless other forms of merchandise. Valleyfair considers it an honor to welcome Snoopy to make Valleyfair his new home and is looking forward to sharing him with all our guests.

Valleyfair is owned and operated by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, a publicly traded partnership that is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “FUN.” In addition to Valleyfair, Cedar Fair owns and operates ten other amusement parks, six waterparks, one indoor waterpark resort and five hotels. Cedar Fair also operates Gilroy Gardens Family Theme Park in Gilroy, California, under a management contract.

http://www.valleyfair.com/public/news/index.cfm?story_id=95&mode=story&current_root=12

ADMIN EDIT: I went ahead and updated the post to include an additional few photos and to fix a few spacing errors. Thanks for sharing this with us!
Valleyfair Aerial 01.jpg
snoopy logo.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:59 pm.

Sir Haunts-a-lot

Postby Vffreak07 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:31 pm

Here's a video I shot of the announcement:

Jo My Oh!

Postby Jerrykoala2112 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:15 pm

Awww, I really liked that part of the park. I actually sat down on the benches in that gardened area for a breather. But that area will make an amazing Camp Snoopy.

What was Jer's last adventure? Drayton Manor - 2012
Check out my SFGAm Music Video - Here

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby uwgbdork » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:30 pm

I think this is a perfect fit! That area was in need of some TLC. For those who do not relize, Snoopy is really popular in the twin cities. They pretty much claim ownership of Peanuts since Charles Shultz is from the area. This is much better that the current area which i like to call "generic childrens area"

East Coast Wes don't smell, honest.

Postby bgwfreak777 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:59 pm

I guess the rumors of Valleyfair!'s demise were greatly exagerated!

I must throw this out there, the entrance plaza is like Planet Snoopy Meets Intimidator Plaza (Carowinds). :lol:

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby larrygator » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:06 pm

Dave Frazier announced as Valleyfair's new GM

Dave Frazier Named Vice President and General Manager of Valleyfair

SHAKOPEE, Minn., Feb. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Cedar Fair (NYSE: FUN - News), a leader in regional amusement parks, water parks and active entertainment, today announced that Dave Frazier has been named vice president and general manager of Valleyfair Amusement Park.

Frazier, 46, has more than 25 years of experience in the amusement and theme park industry. He spent 17 years within Cedar Fair beginning in 1984, including six years at Valleyfair in various seasonal roles. Most recently he served as the general manager of Nickelodeon Universe, an indoor amusement park at the Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota.

"We are pleased to welcome Dave to our senior management team," said Richard Zimmerman, Cedar Fair's chief operating officer. "He is a disciplined leader who is truly customer focused. With the extensive amount of experience Dave already has with Cedar Fair and the markets in which Valleyfair operates, we are confident in his ability to deliver the 'best-day-of-the-year experience' to our guests each and every time they visit our park."
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Sir Haunts-a-lot

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby Vffreak07 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:42 pm

larrygator wrote:Dave Frazier announced as Valleyfair's new GM

Dave Frazier Named Vice President and General Manager of Valleyfair

SHAKOPEE, Minn., Feb. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Cedar Fair (NYSE: FUN - News), a leader in regional amusement parks, water parks and active entertainment, today announced that Dave Frazier has been named vice president and general manager of Valleyfair Amusement Park.

Frazier, 46, has more than 25 years of experience in the amusement and theme park industry. He spent 17 years within Cedar Fair beginning in 1984, including six years at Valleyfair in various seasonal roles. Most recently he served as the general manager of Nickelodeon Universe, an indoor amusement park at the Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota.

"We are pleased to welcome Dave to our senior management team," said Richard Zimmerman, Cedar Fair's chief operating officer. "He is a disciplined leader who is truly customer focused. With the extensive amount of experience Dave already has with Cedar Fair and the markets in which Valleyfair operates, we are confident in his ability to deliver the 'best-day-of-the-year experience' to our guests each and every time they visit our park."

The interesting part is, he's leaving his job at Nickelodeon Universe to go to Valleyfair. That's quite the commitment/upgrade.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!