TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

I think they have the same version of this ride at silver dollar city.

They do, it is called The Giant Swing. As far as capacity goes, I am a bit worried as well, but considering this attraction will be in its area of its own (besides Slidewinder) away from Timber Canyon, Wilderness Pass, and the Country Fair I think it won't be too terrible... I'm just hoping it takes the Q-Bot!

Wow, this was really un-expected! I just clicked the TPR logo on Firefox expecting nothing and I see Dollywood is getting a new ride! I love Dollywood and I love Screamin' Swings, so this will make Dollywood even better! One thing I really like is that it's NOT in Timber Canyon, that area of the park has all the attention, I'm glad they are starting to add attractions in other areas of the park!

I'm just super glad they're NOT taking out Mountain Slidewinder!!!!

Yes, thank gawd!

This area will change lots in the future! The building in the background is a defunct food vending area, which was a very dead area in need of some love and attention. Looking forward to this addition!

357107893_dreamlandforest.jpg.c753c0ba245802605dc5773d561848a8.jpg

For people worried about capacity - I don't think Dollywood will have too much of an issue. Even when the park is PACKED the waits aren't all that bad. Add to that, the fact that the ride ops there just turn and burn dispatches and it'll be fine.

I love Dollyfood. One of my favorites.

This is definitely a clone of the one at SDC. I love this ride it is very fun and exciting. The themeing at SDC is very good and this one looks to be identical. It is a great addition. I just hope that SDC gets a decent ride addition for the upcoming season!

It's too good of a ride NOT to get copied over to both parks. I rode the Giant Swing at SDC this weekend and I still say that the barn theming makes it a much better ride than the ones' that are out by themselves. There's something about swinging out above the huge facade that makes you feel higher, plus it just plain looks awesome. I'm glad to hear they'll be revamping the kids area. I hope they do a lot with it since it was a fairly unique area and I think the parks are really awesome for adding more for kids than just rides.

Since the parks are trading concepts again, can SDC get a GCII?

It's nice to see Dollywood getting this. I rode the one at Silver Dollar City just a few weeks ago.

My favorite S&S swing ride will probably still be Uppswinget at Liseberg. All the fancy theming in the world cannot beat the rush of swinging over the side of a hill.

Yay! Dollywood hits another home run with this ride. How is it that they can consistently provide avesome entertainment without having to add another coaster each and every year. I love this place and am happy to call it my home park!

Guy "If loving Dolly makes me Gay, then I'm as queer as a 3 dollar bill." Koepp

My bf and I are going to Dollywood and Splash Country from August 13-16th. We are so excited because neither of us have ever been there. All the reviews I have been reading online have been mostly positive. One question I do have is... Is it true the food is extremely exspensive?