Photo TR: larrygator's 2010 European Travels

Page 15: Final Update "Budapest Sightseeing"
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Photo TR: larrygator's 2010 European Travels

Postby cfc » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:05 pm

That side-friction coaster looks like a roller coaster version of Storybookland--very nice.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby triggernel » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:18 pm

The restraints on that Boomerang look kind of interesting, with the metal restraints. :|
Snoochie Boochie

The Resident Vegetarian Hippie

Postby Hercules » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:25 am

ParkTrips wrote:holy hell not only is Larry doing photo TRs now, he's adding video! :wtf:

The best part is that it truly has the essence of Larry, starting late in the ride cycle and then ending before the ride ends. It is kind of like one of his blurry pictures, or when he forgets to charge his camera and decides to fill in the rest of the trip report with photos of other people's visits. Some true Larry flare!

By the way, great report thus far Larry! I finally had the opportunity to catch up last night. I will have to get to a park with you soon as I am sure I will be absolutely floored by the sight of you holding any kind of electronic device.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:32 am

^Jay - sorry to tell you this but I made a last minute trip to Knoebels last Saturday and didn't PM you first. I fail.

Also, funny that you mention the video being the essence of me. I had two batteries with me at Wiener Prater but was on the last life bar of the second battery before I took that video of the Tagada. This was after taking hundreds of still photos of every other ride at the park. I started filming the video when I saw the girls standing up during the ride but the recorder shut off after 4 1/2 minutes due to the diminished battery before the ride cycle completed.

I'll start working on the Wiener Prater flat rides portion in 30 minutes, during my lunch today.
Last edited by larrygator on Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:33 am.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

The Resident Vegetarian Hippie

Postby Hercules » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:55 am

larrygator wrote:^Jay - sorry to tell you this but I made a last minute trip to Knoebels last Saturday and didn't PM you first. I fail.

It's alright. I am used to the fact that nobody likes me.

larrygator wrote: Also, funny that you mention the video being the essence of me. I had two batteries with me at Wiener Prater but was on the last life bar of the second battery before I took that video of the Tagada. This was after taking hundreds of still photos of every other ride at the park. I started filming the video when I saw the girls standing up during the ride but the recorder shut off after 4 1/2 minutes due to the diminished battery before the ride cycle completed.

I cannot express in words how hard I just laughed.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Ledgy » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:18 am

larrygator wrote:I started filming the video when I saw the girls standing up during the ride...

Isn´t that normal on this ride? I know it from my childhood and ride it as a young teenager. Always I´ve watched it and ride by myself, people were trying to stand up. Would like to have some attraction back on german fun fairs. Didn´t see them anymore.

Do I remember right, that there exists also a Standup version, where you can´t sit / you´ll stand on the wall?

- Have to go to Wien and the Prater in the next years; it´s a really beautiful town and the prater looks great. Like the sceninc railway -

Postby larrygator » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:50 am

Ledgy - this is the first Tagada I have seen in person, we don't have them in the US (stupid lawyers). So, I don't know if standing is common.

As nice segue into my post covering the flat rides of Wiener Prater. First, let me mention that the park has a lot of driving attractions (bumper cars, go karts and even Segway rentals). I rode some of the flat rides, but not a lot. It would have cost over 200 Euros ($240) to ride everything at the park.

The most impressive rides being the Riesenrad (Ferris Wheel), Prater Turm (383 foot Star Flyer), and a flat ride called Tornado that I had never seen before.
PICT1682.JPG
The picturesque Riesenrad must be included in any Wiener Prater Photo TR. The costs is 8.5 Euros but I did not ride.
PICT1840.JPG
The new star attraction for 2010 is the 383 foot Prater Turm, towering over everything else in the area.
PICT1856.JPG
I was surprised that it was only 5 Euros to ride.
PICT1710.JPG
The other new ride for 2010 is the Octopus. Or as they say in the Netherlands, Oc-to-puuuuuuussssss.
PICT1911.JPG
For 3 Euro, it offers you up to the gods and then shakes you around a lot.
PICT1622.JPG
Grimas was the first bumper car track I encountered.
PICT1631.JPG
But there is also Turbo Autodrom
PICT1683.JPG
Grand Autodrom
PICT1694.JPG
Elite Autodrom
PICT1785.JPG
and finally Super Autodrom
PICT1659.JPG
Then you have the Go Karts, here are the KNY Go Karts
PICT1876.JPG
Bergrallye
PICT2000.JPG
Gran Prix Monza
PICT1867.JPG
and the Buggy Star
PICT1639.JPG
Enough of the adult car rides, yes there were more for kids. As I entered the park they were greasing up the Weiner Rutsch (1.5 Euros)
PICT1641.JPG
This is one of the typical rides that was included on the Fun Card, but since I wasn't going to ride stuff like this the card was not worthwhile. This ride was 2.5 Euros.
PICT1645.JPG
This appeared to be a pretty good Screamin Swing (4 Euros)
PICT1652.JPG
I had no desire to spend 3 Euros here.
PICT1678.JPG
4 Euros to ride the "Panther" friendly Liliputbahn.
PICT1697.JPG
Wiener Prater is KidTums approved.
PICT1718.JPG
This owner was inspired by theming at Movieland Studios when decorating his rotor.
PICT1720.JPG
People who paid 3 Euros to ride the rotor. I used to love rotors when they were run properly in the US
PICT1745.JPG
The Toboggan slide costs 3 Euros
PICT1749.JPG
Another operator still runs the original Star Flyer at Wiener Prater for 4 Euros.
PICT1759.JPG
15 Euros for the Ejection Seat is too rich for my blood.
PICT1776.JPG
It is pure coincidence that the 3 Euro Discovery
PICT1782.JPG
and the 5 Euro Space Shot are in close proximity to each other.
PICT1713.JPG
No comment, besides it costs 3 Euros! Now go back two pages and watch the video!
PICT1784.JPG
The Break Dance is a "cool" 3 Euros to ride.
PICT2004.JPG
I'll leave it to these people to answer the following question. Does the Top Spin offer an unacceptable level of wetness?
PICT1945.JPG
Apollo 12 ready for take-off (2 Euros)
PICT1795.JPG
Blumenrad is a smaller and cheaper ferris wheel option at 3 Euros.
PICT1657.JPG
The park's Falling Star: The Joker costs 2.5 Euros.
PICT1825.JPG
Luftikus is German for: this Wave Swinger costs 3 Euros to ride.
PICT1912.JPG
It's my Photo TR and I like the way the Octopus looks so here's another photo of the ride.
PICT1821.JPG
This was the best picture I could get of the ultra fast Extasy while the riders were upside down (3.5 Euros)
PICT1806.JPG
Wildalpenbahn is a well themed spinning raft ride with an elevator lift. A spin will cost you 3.5 Euros.
PICT1952.JPG
The park's other water ride, Donau Jump (log flume) will also cost you 3.5 Euros.
PICT1842.JPG
The person leasing this area seems to think he can make more money with vending machines than a Merry Go Round.
PICT1823.JPG
So this antique mini version is the only carousel in the park.
PICT1942.JPG
Unless you count the classic Wiener Ponny Carousel, where the horses look so authentic that they even poop.
PICT2007.JPG
OK, the last two rides are the most intense I rode. This is Turbo Boost.
PICT1934.JPG
You hand the ride op 8 Euros and he tries to kill you.
PICT2011.JPG
and my favorite was the Tornado which costs 5 Euros.
PICT1933.JPG
I wish I had taken video of this ride.
PICT1931.JPG
I can't really explain what the ride did.
PICT1810.JPG
So I'll let the pictures do the talking.
PICT1819.JPG
Thanks for viewing, I'll try to get the dark rides posted by the end of the day tomorrow, but no promises. Remember to check out Wiener Prater in the Park Index for additional photos.
Last edited by larrygator on Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:32 am.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ginzo » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:58 am

Great stuff, Larry. This park looks amazing. I need to get there soon.
"There's nothing wrong with it. It just needs some tweaking,"

Postby larrygator » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:00 pm

ginzo wrote:Great stuff, Larry. This park looks amazing. I need to get there soon.

How the hell did you read it that fast? You were skimming! Go back and view it in a proper manner!

TPR's lonesome donkeyboy

Postby Groteslurf » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:23 pm

Great update.

Why haven't I've been to Wiener Prater yet :?r It's definitely on my to do list now.
From your pictures, it makes me think a lot of BPB.

I found a short Tornado off-ride on youtube. Never seen something like that before.

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive