TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Soarin = Sweet

Those of you who enjoy WDW and DL will be happy with the new ride.

The cast member said it will open officially May 5 and they have been testing it with the public this week.

No pictures sorry, but I REALLY liked the entry/que area.

Anyone else been on it yet?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what?!?! They are testing? Like.. soft opening? Or you have to be lucky and be passing by testing?

Eric

Testing! Can you believe how lucky I was?

It was a rare time I rode the monorail at Epcot and saw an unusually long line by the restroom area at Journey. I heard that they had been doing something since the weekend and guessed it would be that area they would load.

Real, the original is fun, been on it a dozen times or so. This is a step up in terms of que/entry to the attraction. Very minor differences inside.

I hope its as good as Soarin' Over California as that was amzing. I like the fact that the imagineers spent lots of time making it so you don't feel like you're on tons of machinery with the mesh seats and the basic seat dividers.

Okay some cons:

Everyone says the front row is the best, imo the second row is as you can see the legs above you but not the ceiling like you can in the front row.

The Florida Logo, OMG so retro!

The queue is reasonbly pathetic. I could of seen a lot more done with it.

Well, Im moving back to PA Saturday.. now I guess I have to go to Epcot tomorrow really quick and pray that it's open.

I rode Soarin' Over Cali. last March and was completely blown away. Easily my favorite non thrill ride ever.. IMO it's better than Spiderman..

How were the smells working? Everything in place?

Eric

Soarin' is only in the testing phases, so if you happen to past by the ride when they want to test, will you get the chance.

I work just at the Living Seas and haven't gotten the chance to ride it yet. Its suppose to open May 5th, but it may open even earlier depending on how everything goes.

Well, Im moving back to PA Saturday.. now I guess I have to go to Epcot tomorrow really quick and pray that it's open.

I rode Soarin' Over Cali. last March and was completely blown away. Easily my favorite non thrill ride ever.. IMO it's better than Spiderman..

How were the smells working? Everything in place?

Eric

S P O I L E R S

Well, I hope its open for you, me, I've got to get to the testing of MGM's LMA tomorrow afternoon.

Everything is pretty much in place.

Smells? That was one thing I was going to mention. The smells are considerably stronger (but not too strong). So strong in fact that out in the holding area (DCA -- final slope of the ramp before you get split up into the three gate zones) you could smell them a bit.

During the ride -- the orange is far more 'citrus'...the woodsy was about the same and the Malibu Ocean scene was unique smelling, or they opted for a different effect (I have no idea what it is).

At one point, the citrus came on too early actually lol. But just by a bit.

Its such a class act that ride now with its que area. You'll flip out if you saw DCA. You know TOT DCA MGM comparison that some people make? This will be another, except the disparity will be huge. But its a good thing. DCA is great on its own -- WDW just classes it all up a notch.

There are Fastpasses btw just in case people were wondering. Outfits are different. Its a whole 'airport theme'...but imagine John Wayne Airport with the newest reno of MCO (blue glass). Seriously -- so slick.

I know there has been talk of doing a different movie -- and it sure looks like they could do it. The main cue area (large open air area in front of the two 'concourses') has these HUGE posters of four climate zones with a flat screen below them posting facts and questions. Perhaps we'll get a global Soarin experience? That would be so sweet.

Yah, this ride has the whole Airport theme going on -- but think 'executive' style, 'classy'. Very John Wayne and MCO (airports nearest to American parks).

What else -- a larger boarder on the screen. Still using the film style projection == with that dot in the beginning lol. nothing digital.

Lights are purple on the screen (so important I know). Seats the same, the Movie -- o.k. intro film: on Flat Screens in Widescreen (all panels are wide screen).

Patrick does a unique intro (in front of the new Soarin sign -- unless its a digital edit -- but I doubt it since I heard he was out here recently), but I swear it cuts back into the old footage when they talk about 'these little beauties'. That 'nice job kid' hasn't aged a day.

There is a spanish voice over in the beginning...and at the end Patrick talks about the rest of your day at EPCOT.

Gosh, wish I had my camera -- but you'll all have to come and visit!

If there is anything more I think off, I'll do what I can to post.

Rode it again today and got some more information.

The interior hallway is around 50 feet high and the interior is modeled after 7 different airports. Charles De Gaulle, MCO and O' Hare are just a few.

There is a mistake in the audio in that you are to 'exit on your left' when in fact you have to go right. (whoah!)

This attraction is partly below ground, but not nearly the depth (40 ft) of DCA's attraction.

Retaining walls are expensive here

I got to ride on Friday!

I know a few people who work there *plus THANK YOU Jose!* so thankfully I was able to get on it before the move back to PA and I completely agree.. it is SWEET... they really outdid themselves on the beautiful queue line and the airport theme works really really well. Soarin' will definately bring TONS of life to the Land Pavilion and Epcot!

When I rode everything seemed to be in working order. Smells.. Mmmm.. you're right. I did notice they were MUCH stronger, but we couldn't smell it from the pre-board area. I still can't believe how immersive the ride experience is. You are sitting there before you "take off" and the screen doesn't look all that impressive and then BOOM.. you're in a completely different world. Now I've only been on the Cali one twice and the Epcot one once (decided not to keep riding because it's one of the only attractions that WOW's me and don't wanna overdo it!) but I am convinced everytime that my shoes are going to be wet after the ride. Amazing..

It *would* be nice in a few years to see a new film that covers the countries of the World Showcase! But for now.. anyone who complains about it being a "gift from DL" (aka.. save money) just be happy that this amazing ride is in FL.. and trust me when I say, they spared no expense because the queue.. the ride.. and I'm sure the Land Pavilion (when its done) are absolutely amazing.

During our "pre flight talk" backstage they said the queue was modeled after Orlando Int'l, CDG, and O'hare.. and that's it. I didn't really see the resemblence because there were no soldiers carrying machine guns like at Charles De Gaulle..

Those huge climate screens with the questions is a GREAT idea.. will definately keep the people queue happy this summer... even moreso than the AC!

My only complaint -- exiting out the side door! There's no gift shop! I want a shirt with the logo..

Eric