Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 422: Stinger being removed
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Re: Demon Drop to go to Dorney Park

Postby Nozzy » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:44 pm

^I put some pictures in the park index thread of the ride running, at the bottom of the page here:
themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44372&start=310

Here's a pic that kinda shows the queue as well, it was taken from the station entrance
queue.jpg
A very simple queue

I rarely ever see lines at Dorney, and the ride isn't in a very central location, but this does seem to be rather tiny.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: Demon Drop to go to Dorney Park

Postby G$ Kurt » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:57 pm

So weird to see this ride in a different setting.

(22:06:18) ajc47: who are the obnoxious ones? (22:07:16) tatertot3710: Mr. Starr, jeremie, deathbydinn

The Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby tatertot3710 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:11 am

Planet Snoopy will be replacing Camp Snoopy at Dorney in 2011.

Press release:

SNOOPY CELEBRATES 60th ANNIVERSARY
WITH $8 MILLION PRESENT FROM DORNEY
DORNEY PARK, Allentown, PA (August 8, 2010) – Hundreds of kids and their families turned Camp Snoopy at Dorney Park into a festive arena as they helped celebrate the 60th anniversary of Snoopy and the rest of the gang. The festivities were topped off when Dorney Park presented America's favorite beagle with a seven-foot-tall gift box with an $8 million present inside: plans for the Planet SNOOPY kids' theme-park slated to open at Dorney Park in Spring 2011.

Planet SNOOPY is an $8 million concept that will become reality for next Spring. The project will transform the existing Camp Snoopy into a self-contained theme park for kids. The new Planet SNOOPY will encompass nearly three and one-half acres of land centrally located in Dorney Park and is set to feature the largest collections of kids' amusement rides on the East Coast.

One of the gifts presented to Snoopy on Sunday was an aerial rendering of Planet SNOOPY. The illustration shows how seven new rides, an all new PEANUTS™ Showplace amphitheatre, a Snoopy Boutique souvenir store, and a Soda Pop Shop featuring Root Beer Floats combine with nine existing re-themed rides to make an out-of-this-world, kid-fun and family-friendly immersive experience.

The headlining attractions of Planet SNOOPY will be the new 40-foot-tall Flying Ace Balloon Race, the Linus Launcher ride where riders lay face down for their soaring trip, and Snoopy's Sky Ride, an aerial monorail with themed passenger cars. Each of the rides in the Planet SNOOPY universe is designed for kids and parents to be able to ride together. The Planet SNOOPY kids' park will also feature a new family care facility where parents can tend to the needs of infants and toddlers. The facility will be staffed and fully equipped with changing stations, feeding rooms, and play and nap areas.

In recognition of the special position Snoopy and the PEANUTS™ gang hold in America's heart, Planet SNOOPY will also feature extensive scheduled interaction between the kids and Snoopy, Charlie Brown, Lucy, Linus and others of the PEANUTS™ gang. The schedule includes shows in the PEANUTS™ Showplace amphitheatre as well daily meet and greet sessions.

Dorney Park plans to break ground on the project at the end of the upcoming 2010 Halloween HAUNT season. When Planet SNOOPY opens in spring of 2011, admission will be included with any Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom 2011 Season Pass or Admission Ticket. Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom now offers three great Parks for one low price! The addition of the new attractions brings the Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom experience to an incredible fifty-seven rides while Wildwater Kingdom has an additional two-dozen including two-giant wave pools, two lazy rivers, and an astounding twenty-two water slides.

Families can save even more by purchasing their Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom 2011 Season Passes when they go on-sale at the Park Season Pass Office on Saturday, September 4th. Early purchasers enjoy the lowest prices available of only $89.99 for Regular and $59.99 for Juniors under 48" tall in shoes. The Season Pass Office will continue to be open for 2011 Pass purchases during all scheduled Park operating hours throughout the fall.

Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom is owned and operated by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, a publicly traded partnership that is listed for trading on The New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “FUN." In addition to Dorney Park& Wildwater Kingdom, Cedar Fair owns and operates ten other amusement parks, six water parks, one indoor water park resort and five hotels. Cedar Fair also operates the Gilroy Gardens Family Theme Park in Gilroy, Calif. under a management contract.

http://www.planetsnoopy.com/dorneypark/
dp_parkmap_small.gif
Map of Planet Snoopy
Last Credit: Stinger (Dorney Park, 4/28) -- Bringing coaster count to 83

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: The Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby Band-Aid » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:44 pm

I still don't understand why they would replace Camp Snoopy. Given, an expansion with more rides is nice, but Camp Snoopy actually had a theme (campy, outdoors, etc). Planet Snoopy just seems to me like a bland, generic area of the park with kids rides and Peanuts characters.
"WHAT"
-Lil Jon

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby 6flagsbrad » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:51 pm

I wonder how many other parks will receive this treatment. I thought it was just mainly for the past paramount parks with all the hanna-barbera lands.

(22:06:18) ajc47: who are the obnoxious ones? (22:07:16) tatertot3710: Mr. Starr, jeremie, deathbydinn

Postby tatertot3710 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:48 pm

Valleyfair and Worlds of Fun are also getting Planet Snoopys.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:00 am

This topic has been merged with the new official discussion thread for the park. Feel free to continue posting in here from now on.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:47 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I eat bugs.

Postby deathbydinn » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:02 pm

It looks like Dorney Park has put three (1 / 2 / 3) of its small kiddie rides up for sale on Ital Intl, all of which I believe are located in the same general area of the park, along with the Steel First kiddie coaster. Could they be clearing the area out for a new future development?

http://www.screamscape.com/html/dorney_park.htm

Steel First - http://www.italintl.com/detail_page.php?record_id=1431

Hampton Umbrella Antique Cars - http://www.italintl.com/detail_page.php?record_id=1428

Hampton Umbrella ride combo - http://www.italintl.com/detail_page.php?record_id=1429

Sartori platform ride multicars - http://www.italintl.com/detail_page.php?record_id=1430

Add me on Simpsons Tapped Out - jongrundl

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Bonemachine » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:57 am

Cedar Fail - never disappoints with the fails, never ceases to fail, Cedar Fail.

Postby tatertot3710 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:09 pm

The Philadelphia news today confirmed that Dorney made a construction request and included the speculation about Invertigo. Interesting that it's going there, especially being right next to Possessed. I, for one am happy for any ride that we can get.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!