Photo TR: Divv's Italian Adventure

MOVIELAND STUDIOS - Page 4
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Photo TR: Divv's Italian Adventure

Postby cfc » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:54 pm

Well, those toilets would certainly discourage anyone from lingering long enough to read People Magazine. I know that I'm going to experience a bit of "trip envy" as your TR continues, Divv.

I know EXACTLY where my passport is!

Postby TPDave » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:38 am

AnEscapeArtist wrote:A question though, does this Vekoma have 3 lift hills? You said it was good though, so I wondered if it messed with the pace of the ride?

Yes it does. As I understand it, this was a standard Vekoma model with an extra section bolted onto it.

SharkTums wrote:Wow, looking back at those pictures of TPMop makes me think he needs to send more wine to Piers for cleaning him up so nice.

We certainly do, it's currently only cost me a glass of wine which seems awfully cheap. If only Gardaland sold Jagerbombs Piers would have been paid in full!!

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Steelinwood » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:46 pm

This park looks like it has a lot to offer, even if it isn't off the wall thrilling!
STUCK IN NH

Controlled by a sentient spreadsheet...

Postby Divv3k » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:09 am

Thanks for all the nice comments!

---

PART TWO:
MIRABILANDIA

The second park on the itinerary was Mirabilandia. I had been wanting to visit this park for a long time, mainly because of Katun they added iSpeed and the park just looked even more interesting! Thankfully the park lived up to my expectations! It might bot be as aesthetically pleasing as Gardaland but it sure does have better rides. And I'm not saying the park isn't aesthetically pleasing either because it really is a very nice looking park!

Katun was the big attraction for me at this park, my expectations were high and wow, did it deliver! I'm not good at getting geeky and explaining in detail why I like certain coasters so much so let me just say that this is my favourite B&M invert after Nemesis. It's that good!

iSpeed isn't to be forgotten about either! The coaster it' most comparable to is Maverick at Cedar Point, it's just as good too, probably a little better in my view!

The rest of the park has a lot of cool attractions like a massive Ghost Train and a weird shooting dark ride themed to post-apocalyptic New York. This park also suffers from the Italian anomaly of water rides that don't get you wet! (Except for the Splash Battle, which was just awesome!)

Here's the photos!
image001.jpg
Woohoo, we’re at Mirabilandia!
image002.jpg
How about some ERT on Katun to wake us up? Yes please!
image003.jpg
Katun ERT rocks! Yes, yes it does.
image004.jpg
Now follows some geeky photos of the best coaster in Italy!
image005.jpg
It's like Montu, but better! They don’t make B&Ms quite like this any more!
image006.jpg
We all got many rides in this morning!
image007.jpg
Katun has one of those vertical loop things. It works pretty well.
image008.jpg
Yes, I do believe that is a Stargate that the ride goes through at the end…
image009.jpg
Steve liked Mirabilandia so much that he tried to make love to it.
image010.jpg
I think this photo more or less writes its own caption.
image011.jpg
Mirabilandia are awesome and offer the amazing Q-Bot system! They call it V-pass and they basically just herd you straight to the front of any line as soon as you show up with your Q-Bot. We hardly waited more than a few minutes for anything all day!
image012.jpg
Time for some Intamin sexiness…
image013.jpg
Take Maverick, add a hint of Stealth and you basically have iSpeed. The result is one really, really good ride!
image014.jpg
Erik gave the Intamin ride thumbs up. Don’t tell his boss!
image015.jpg
That’s right, we didn’t have to wait in any lines to ride iSpeed!
image016.jpg
Enjoy this photo, because unlike my usual self I really failed at getting many good iSpeed photos. Sorry!
image017.jpg
Leprotto Express is the park’s kiddie coaster, they really put a lot of effort into theming this!
image018.jpg
The park goes specifically out of their way to tell you that whisky is prohibited on this ride. This makes me sad.
image019.jpg
Yes, we’re all whores.
image020.jpg
For a kiddie coaster, this was pretty good!
image021.jpg
It’s 11am – also known in Italy as beer o’clock.
image022.jpg
CAUTION: OVERLORD AT WORK.
image023.jpg
Mirabilandia have taken a very creative approach with their log flume and themed it to a Colorado car wash.
image024.jpg
Although, in what seems to be in Italain log flume tradition this one doesn’t get you very wet! Was still pretty cool though!
image025.jpg
With the absolute sweltering heat of Italy I felt the time was finally right for me to pop my Splash Battle cherry. I’m glad I did – it was awesome!!! I’m looking forward to a few more Splash Battles on the US trips this summer!
image026.jpg
This is the crazy, crazy L&T Wild Mouse with pretty much zero height restriction! I think it was KidTums approved!
image027.jpg
Ghostville was a bit of a weird Ghost Train it was very long and had big open sections rather than little narrow corridors. It was a little different at least. Everybody rode it.
image028.jpg
Well, almost everybody.
image029.jpg
Lou asked me to take a photo of this tree for Jon. So Jon, here you go. Please tell Lou more about this tree. Thanks.
image030.jpg
Watch the low ceilings. This is seconds after Scottish Steve whacked his head right off the rock!
image031.jpg
Southern Steve and Brad. Father and Son reunited at last.
image032.jpg
Looks like these two are going undercover any second.
image033.jpg
We were running out of time but thanks to the awesome V-Pass we were able to just jump onto the rapids as we passed by.
image034.jpg
It was wetter than Gardaland’s but still was weirdly dry for such a hot country! I wasn’t complaining this time though as we had a bus ride coming up!
image035.jpg
The awesome V-Pass also meant we just had enough time to squeeze in a quick visit to post-apocalyptic New York.
image036.jpg
Yup, it’s a pretty nice area but it’s strangely stuck out on its own at the edge of the park. Reset itself was pretty cool, but I didn’t bother shooting. There was enough to look at without concentrating on hitting the targets.
image037.jpg
NOT the TPR bus.
image038.jpg
Mirabilandia really exceeded my expectations! I expected Katun and iSpeed to be good, but really they were both GREAT!

Add in an amazing Q-Bot system and its impossible not to have loads of fun at this place!

The final update, Movieland Studios is next!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Moose » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:26 am

Lou asked me to take a photo of this tree for Jon. So Jon, here you go. Please tell Lou more about this tree. Thanks.

Um. Ok. Thanks Lou. It looks to be a deciduous tree, which would lose it's leaves in winter if there is a winter. It's pretty large which means it's probably fairly old. It's in an amusement park. That's pretty much all I got.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby darkon » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:35 am

Divv3k wrote:This park also suffers from the Italian anomaly of water rides that don't get you wet! (Except for the Splash Battle, which was just awesome!)

Did you miss Niagara? Cause that one is a lot wetter than the splash battle...

I Love Donkeys!

Postby SuperSous » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:10 pm

ispeed looks amazing!

Jolly jolly jolly jolly jolly

Postby Louise » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:35 pm

Moose wrote:

Um. Ok. Thanks Lou. It looks to be a deciduous tree, which would lose it's leaves in winter if there is a winter. It's pretty large which means it's probably fairly old. It's in an amusement park. That's pretty much all I got.

Disappointed!! It had amazingly beautiful very unusual leaves, though sadly (and this is not an insult to Divv's photography skills, which are rather fabulous) they did not translate as brilliantly to film as I might've liked! I wanted to identify it so I could publicly praise its awesomeness.

Cheers for all this Divv, brilliant report so far and tons of great photos for me to steal! I look FRIGHTENING in the flume photo, far too happy. The photo of Steve/Derek/Cameron/Larry on Katun is brilliant, and the one of me and Scottish being pregnant came out much better than expected! How the eff did Scottish hit his head on those rocks and Russ didn't?! I'm not sure if you realise this but Russ is tall...

Can't wait for part 3!

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:16 pm

You don't have to wait for my Photo TR, although it is coming soon. Here is my response to Divv's photo in the Flying Island.
PICT0100.JPG

and thanks for not getting sick in my luggage in London.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I'm the gyro!

Postby DerekRx » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:14 pm

Great stuff so far, Divv, looking forward to Studios.

Is it just me, or does the baby appear to be breast feeding from Lou via straw? If Scottish was a little bit closer to the sign it couldn't looked like he was feeding the baby like a bird would
All clear....

Dispatch, enjoy your ride.

Derek

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive