SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 628: Ice Breaker launched coaster for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I get wet for Manta!

Re: SeaWorld Orlando Discussion Thread

Postby themeparkman25 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:55 am

Does anyone know the exact height of the MCBR on Manta?
Follow the construction of my Manta Model!.*
1/16/12 - Construction Complete!
*Model is being build from scratch.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:53 pm

^1.21 jigawatts!
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:09 am

http://www.examiner.com/x-33801-Orlando-Sea-World-Examiner~y2010m6d22-Seaworld-offers-guests-showtimes-and-updates-via-text-message-service

Earlier this year, Busch Gardens Tampa announced their new text messaging service, which would enable guests to have ride wait times, special offers, and "did-you-know-facts" about the park sent right to their cell phones. Guests "love this level of service and how it enhances their park experience", said Jim Dean, the general manger of Busch Gardens.

Why not bring something so useful and informative to it's sister park next door in Orlando?

It seems that Seaworld has opted in on this service to help enhance their visitor's experience. While it's nothing exactly like the text messaging service at Busch Gardens Tampa, it still sends guests who enroll in the program useful information, like show times. Unlike Busch Gardens, signs are not spread out all over the park and only seem to be in select locations. While this service has made it's way over to Seaworld, it seems to still be in the testing phase and may become more prevalent in the future.

To enroll in this service while you visit Seaworld, just text "ShamuFL" to 69050 (sign pictured at left). Your cell phone will automatically receive information, including show times, right your messaging inbox.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:38 pm

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/features_orlando/2010/07/seaworld-orlando-unveils-after-3-p-m-ticket.html

SeaWorld Orlando is offering a theme park ticket that allows entrance after 3 p.m. at a discount. The Twilight Ticket runs $39.95 for adults and children. (The usual, all-day price is $79 general, $68 ages 3-9.). The promotion runs through Labor Day — Sept. 6, 2010.

The offer overlaps with the park’s SeaWorld AfterDark offerings, which include “Shamu Rocks” (the nighttime killer whale show), “Sea Lions Tonite” show and “Reflections,” the nighttime fireworks and fountains finale. AfterDark ends Aug. 15.

To obtain the deal, go to www.SeaWorld.com to secure the print-at-home tickets.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:29 pm

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-33801-Orlando-Sea-World-Examiner~y2010m7d3-Passport-members-Bring-a-friend-to-Seaworld-for-free

The downturn of the economy has caused a lot of familes to cut corners everywhere in order to save money. Many families aren't traveling as far or staying as long on vacations, or aren't traveling period. Theme park visits can often be very expensive for a day ticket, but there are many ways to save money.

Seaworld is offering one year, two year, and platinum pass members one free ticket for a friend to visit Seaworld together now through September 30th. Passport members will need to reserve this ticket in advance online through their passport account via Seaworld's official website.

Besides bringing a friend for free, Seaworld also has a bonus offer for their pass members (one year, two year, and platinum). Pass members can also invite up to six more friends and save them $20 per ticket. Passport members will need to purchase this ticket online as well on Seaworld's official website.

Other money saving deals going on at Seaworld:

• Pepsi drinkers - save up to $19 on a single day's admission
  • Fun Card - Florida residents can buy a one day ticket and come back for the rest of the year
  • $5 child ticket - Purchase a $5 ticket for your child age 12 or younger at SeaworldCares.com and the $5 will be donated to a wildlife conservation fund.
  • NEW! After 3pm "Twilight" Ticket - Arrive at Seaworld after 3pm and get in for $39.95

xmisspurrfect

Postby xmisspurrfect » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:29 pm

Hi Everyone!

Will be visiting Seaworld this weekend and I feel very bittersweet about it.

I just watched the documentary "The Cove" which was finally up to que in my Netflix and have been feeling horrible about the events that are taking place in Taiji, Japan.

Now, I'm not extremist, a PETA member, or the type of person that will get up each morning to start arguments with people about what is right or wrong, but I have to say that this documentary has touched me.

To me, the documentary's biggest argument is the fact that these people are killing dolphins for food. However, dolphin meat contains high levels of mercury which is highly toxic. So, if you can't eat them, why are you still slaughtering them? Well, I guess the government had to come up with another excuse and said that they are "pests" and need to be exterminated.

All I'm really saying is that the excitement that I had for visiting Seaworld has greatly faded.

I still thinks aquariums should exist because people need to be educated about these beautiful creatures. However, the way they go about "acquiring" these animals really needs to stop. If anyone is interested in learning more, or watching the trailer, or signing the petition (i did) please visit www.savejapandolphins.com .

Thanks for reading.

Postby larrygator » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:41 pm

xmisspurrfect wrote:Hi I still thinks aquariums should exist because people need to be educated about these beautiful creatures. However, the way they go about "acquiring" these animals really needs to stop.

If you are implying that Sea World ins like all the aquariums in the world, you are being mislead.

You also should learn to get information from balanced sources and not just ones that are looking to promote their own agenda.

Ingorance is dangerous!

Just look at this atrocity - Just terrible isn't it?
Last edited by larrygator on Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:49 pm.

xmisspurrfect

Postby xmisspurrfect » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:50 pm

I'm not implying anything against Seaworld because they do care about their animals, obviously feeding them and keeping them disease free.

Anyway, "All I'm really saying is that the excitement that I had for visiting Seaworld has greatly faded. "

I guess you forgot to quote that.

Postby larrygator » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:56 pm

xmisspurrfect wrote:I'm not implying anything against Seaworld because they do care about their animals, obviously feeding them and keeping them disease free.

Anyway, "All I'm really saying is that the excitement that I had for visiting Seaworld has greatly faded. "

I guess you forgot to quote that.

My bad, it sounded like you were indicting Sea World.

However, I don't understand why your excitement has greatly faded.
You should be overjoyed to be visting and supporting a theme park that supports conservation efforts.

If you read an article about a child dying are you also upset about visiting someplace where there may be healthy children?

I'm just not following your logic and why you should let one incident negatively affect an experience that should make you happy. Sounds like a miserable way to approach life. Oh well, to each his/her own.
Last edited by larrygator on Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:58 pm.

xmisspurrfect

Postby xmisspurrfect » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:08 pm

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on illogical arguments. Cheers.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!