Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1843 - Volcano being REMOVED!
Users viewing this topic: jynx242 and 15 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: The Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby donkeysandcoasters7 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:34 am

Now time to take the trims off :b

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby ShannonSomerville » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:38 am

Went there yesterday(have to work today,and its also HOT,HOT outside)so I went down to see what the fuss is about. The restraints are very comfortable,and the ride overall is so much better. I don't get banged up while I'm riding on the right side of the train. :)

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby rcg19 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:40 am

Deleted by user
Last edited by rcg19 on Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:06 pm.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby MagicMountainMan » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:30 pm

I might just be weird but really the only part of the Maverick style restraints that I hate is the lower, solid portion that goes over your thighs. Every spot of air my thighs get murdered (and this isn't just on Maverick). I need to learn a way to ride these Intamins without getting thigh raped.

It's great that Intamin did change the upper portion of the restraint for I305 though, maybe they'll keep this type of restraint from now on for future coasters? I don't like getting my neck judo-chopped.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Perilous Chris » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:46 pm

^ Maybe this is just me, but when I rode Maverick, those restraints seemed to tighten after the ride began. I personally did not experience any head banging, but my legs were slightly sore after riding. I rode in different seats, and different times throughout the day, and it was the same every time. It was as if I was stapled. The ride was still a big highlight of my trip though!

Over obsessive disney disorder

Postby DarkStitch626 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:38 pm

Perilous Chris wrote:^ Maybe this is just me, but when I rode Maverick, those restraints seemed to tighten after the ride began. I personally did not experience any head banging, but my legs were slightly sore after riding. I rode in different seats, and different times throughout the day, and it was the same every time. It was as if I was stapled. The ride was still a big highlight of my trip though!

I believe this is caused by the forces applied on the ride actually.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:30 pm

I went up to KD today to check out these new restraints for myself, and I have to say that the park has made a wise choice. The straps definitely eliminate the "neck chopping" some folks were complaining about earlier and are a excellent addition to I-305. The ride was a walkon for most of the day (the park wasn't too busy, probably thanks to the brutal heat and humidity, but I did bump into fellow TPR member Dave Lawrence--haven't seen him since the Scandi trip last year). Thanks for hanging out with me, Dave.

All in all, I-305 is still a fantastic ride, and our last ride of the day was particularly great. Here are a few pictures.
01.jpg
Trottin' over to I-305 first thing.
02.jpg
Strappy strap strap!
03.jpg
And away they go! They seemed to be having some lifthill problems this morning, as a number of trains would stop just short of the top for moment, then head over. (Appeared to be resolved later in the day.)
04.jpg
World . . . growing . . . dim . . . never mind, it's OK now!
05.jpg
These "twisty" bits are no longer a problem. (Personally, I was OK with the old restraints, but these new ones are good.)
06.jpg
Why, look--it's Dave!
07.jpg
Lots of happy riders--and not much of a line, at all.
08.jpg
And now, KD's "World of Color"! (The bit of spray from these sprinklers was actually welcome today--whew, it was a hot one!)

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:13 pm

So they're still having problems with the lift again? Those problems cost us a night ride yesterday.

It was hot as an oven at the park yesterday but that didn't seem to stop the crowds from showing up as the park was pretty busy all day,I just couldn't believe my luck when I ran into a couple of friends from my area over at anaconda yesterday evening.

Way Close to Knoebels!

Postby Josh Linn » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:44 pm

To anyone in the area that has access to the local weather reports, is it worth it to make a 5 hour drive there tomorrow? I see on the Weather Channel site they predict PM thunderstorms, but I've gone by them before and they've been completely wrong.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby braztaz » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:54 pm

Josh Linn wrote:To anyone in the area that has access to the local weather reports, is it worth it to make a 5 hour drive there tomorrow? I see on the Weather Channel site they predict PM thunderstorms, but I've gone by them before and they've been completely wrong.

I usually always go when it's forecasted for rain, because the parks empty and the rides are only closed for an hour or so, if closed at all.

But I have a season pass and I'm not too far away.

For a 5 hour drive, I'd wait until, say Wednesday, when it's sunny and forecasted in the mid 80s.
Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!