Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 807: Tigris track installation now complete!
Users viewing this topic: RAWKIN_coaster38 and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT, BGA) Discussion Thread

Postby doom1001 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:24 pm

Apparently there's an ad for what seems to be a latin fast food place advertising the new coasters name as Cheetah,isn't there already a coaster with the Cheetah name in the park,seems odd.
541x700-images-stories-cheetah.jpg

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby justint87 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:34 pm

I came across this article that was an interesting read. What caught my attention most is the part about the new teaser sign being a clue to the theme of the attraction.

For months it seems as if BGT has been leaking clues all around the area, and with the teaser sign it pretty much continues that tradition. First clue, a topiary in the shape of a cheetah in front of the now closed Clydesdale Hamlet. Second clue, Creative Director Scott Swenson says on his personal Facebook page to the effect that he was at a zoo in another city and learned so much about cheetahs from that zoos cheetah habitat. Third clue, trademarks were filed using the term "Cheetaka" which has an "African" sound to it. Busch Gardens Tampa fansite BGT Guide even found a supposed layout of the coaster (click here for that layout) which describes three launches, which is actually the fourth clue. Cheetahs are known for their great speed, which is allegedly the basis of this coaster. Fifth clue, the gift shop in the Nairobi area cleared out the section in front of the store showing off "Katonga" merchandise and video clips and replaced them with...you guessed it, cheetah merchandise and film clips. The final clue is in the teaser. If you look past the yellow streaks you will see brown spots. In certain eyes and angles this looks as if there was a cheetah running past very fast, as you can see a faint blur of a head and tail.

wwww.examiner.com/x-42676-Busch-Gardens-Examiner~y2010m6d18-New-attraction-at-Busch-Gardens-Tampa-wants-you-to-Feel-the-spirit-Feel-the-Speed-in-2011

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby stricklandCC » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:00 am

WOW! all of this sounds fantastic!I have no doubt this will be a great addition. Question: I'll be returning to the Orlando area to visit parents and such, and was counting on their Florida residents discounts, what are the stipulations? I would imagine Florida I.D. would be required for purchase, but will I have to show proof of residency upon entering the gate? This question also applies to Sea World, Universal parks and Universal hotels.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby CoasterPrince » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:41 am

HEY! That picture was of Great White down at Morey's Piers. Lol.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby KDcoasterMAN » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:59 pm

Boredom Beseeches Me.
Cheetaka1.jpeg
Idea that popped into thy head

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby 808Freq » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:21 pm

^^^Wouldn't it be fun to print that logo on a shirt and wear it in the park? And get a picture of an Intamin or Mack track or something and put it on the back of the shirt. I wonder how long it'd be before someone stopped you..

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Inukaza » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:34 am

^HAHA

MUST DO!!!!!!

When I go back to the park next week to take more photos I'll be sure to do that. Granted It won't be professionally done, more like just me drawing arts and craft time. In regards to the cheetah chase/new ride name thing. I'm just gonna talk to my friends high up there in the park 8D.
Baby, I'm howlin' for you.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:21 pm

http://www.seaworldparksblog.com/explore/blog/busch-gardens-invites-guests-feel-spirit-feel-speed-2011

New Campaign Teases Coming Attraction Through QR Code Technology

For several weeks now, guests entering Busch Gardens Tampa Bay have been met with construction walls in the southeastern corner of the park, and many have speculated as to what Busch Gardens is building.

Starting Saturday, June 26, new signs on those construction walls will give curious visitors a taste of what’s to come through the use of some unique new technology. Quick Response – or “QR” – codes featured on the posters invite smart-phone users with a reader app to take a photo of the black and white code. These codes, which look like pixilated bar codes, automatically direct the phone’s web browser to short video clips that will hint at various components of the new attraction, which is scheduled to open in Spring 2011.

If you don’t have a smart phone handy, the signs also announce a new website – http://www.BuschGardens2011.com – for those interested in watching the videos, becoming a Fan on Facebook, following the park’s blog or signing up for e-mail updates.

“You’ll definitely want to stay engaged with us over the next few months because you won’t believe what we have planned,” said Jim Dean, Busch Gardens’ park president. “For now, we can tell you it will be a one-of-a-kind experience, and we’ve created a fun way to keep our guests informed of its progress.”

Click to download video to your computer or iPod/iPhone

Screen shot 2010-06-25 at 3.13.58 PM.png
Mobile_QR_Code.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby stricklandCC » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:53 pm

^Thats pretty cool, it worked with my ShopSavvy bar-code scanner.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby CD » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:50 pm

After watching those videos, I wouldn't be suprised if the leaked layout was indeed accurate. This looks like it's going to be a multi-launching, multi-inversion attraction (I see barrel-rolls/zero-g-rolls in he video :) ) I cannot wait to see more!
- Come visit me at Test Track, Mission Space, and Spaceship Earth in EPCOT over at WDW, I would love to meet some more TPR members!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!