Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 807: Tigris track installation now complete!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Maveshark Team Leader and awesome dude!

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT, BGA) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterkyle » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:49 am

^ Cedar Point is that way ... you have to sign a contract that you can not talk to the press or release any info you know of regarding anything park related. ( this includes talking on forms like this).
Credits - 144 Favorites 1.Skyrush 2.Maverick 3. Phoenix

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Inukaza » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:23 am

I got word that they skyride is NOW closed from a friend. They simply extended the closure date of the skyride from the original date of June 1st.
Baby, I'm howlin' for you.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby 808Freq » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:38 am

And there go the awesome update photos from elevation. Hey, maybe we can get a few pics from Montu? lol

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Inukaza » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:55 am

It's ageist the rules, and would get you banned from this site. (As TPR rules state that you shouldn't break rules like that or hell would break loose)

I think it's possible to fine a few more spots for photos, and once Busch announces the coaster, they might provide official updates.

If the blueprints are true, then the coaster is going to go well in public view. If the skyride/monorail entrance is going to be the ride station, then it shouldn't be a problem to get photos from the top of the colonial house. Same thing if the new pathway is open, you just have to be patient.
Baby, I'm howlin' for you.

Postby 808Freq » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:56 am

Um, yeah, I was just joking.

But I'm sure we'll get other good pictures like you said.

I eat bugs.

Postby deathbydinn » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:38 pm

I'm heading to the park this Tuesday for the first time so I have a few questions.
Are Quick Queues available in the park or do we have to buy them online?
Are there any problems with flip flops or sandals that don't stay on your foot?
What should I go to first?
What shows do you reccomend?
And finally
How wet do the water rides normally get you?

Thanks!

Add me on Simpsons Tapped Out - jongrundl

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Maximo37 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:15 am

deathbydinn wrote:I'm heading to the park this Tuesday for the first time so I have a few questions.
Are Quick Queues available in the park or do we have to buy them online?
Are there any problems with flip flops or sandals that don't stay on your foot?
What should I go to first?
What shows do you reccomend?
And finally
How wet do the water rides normally get you?

Thanks!

Quick Queues are available in the park... however, I've never really had any troube with crowds at BGT (except for during Howl-O-Scream and even then it was only moderate). Especially mid-week. If I were you, I'd check out the status of some of the coasters first then decide.

Sandals and Flip Flops are not a problem, but you'll have to place them in a cubby for floorless coasters (Montu and Sheikra) upon boarding. The park is big and there is a lot of walking. Make sure they are comfortable.

As far as what to do first, Rhino Rally seems to get rather busy, as its one of the few attractions which families can do together... keep in mind, it is now in its modified, "waterless" incarnation now with the construction going on... (youtube a video if you don't know what that means...)

There are 3 water rides. Stanley Falls (a log flume) which gets you moderately wet. Tidal Wave (a large boat flume) can get you soaked... And Congo River Rapids (raft ride) which nearly drowns you... I personally don't like to get wet so I generally pass on the water rides. But lately the high temp in Tampa has been nearly 100 degrees in the afternoon, so a soak down might be a welcome change to you.

As far as coasters go, Gwazi (wooden coaster) get a rather long line early in the morning since it is right in the front of the park. Later in the day the line typically dies down. (Oh and should you choose to ride Gwazi, be sure to ride closer to the front of the train... the back is just terribly rough... the front is marginally better...) None of the other coasters tend to be all too busy really (generally 20 minutes or so...)

Hmmm... shows... Ummm... well there is Katonga... I personally didn't care too much for it but it will get you out of the blazing sun for 45 minutes... otherwise, I really enjoyed the new Seasame Street Film Festival (a 4D movie)... that was fun...

Oh and be sure to check out the new "Walk-About Way", the new Kangaroo/Wallaby enclosure... It only opened up this past week and looks great...

So now that schools are out, the park might be a bit busier, but I'd still check it out before dishing out the money for the Quick Queue... Drink lots of water and have fun...

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:28 pm

BGTNation has posted a great update of what is going on with the latest construction on the 2011 coaster and the new Edge of Africa pathway.

http://bgtnation.blogspot.com/2010/06/project-2011-and-edge-of-africa-pathway_19.html

I have posted a few photos from the report, but to see it all, make sure to visit the above link.
4714757512_0da71372d6.jpg
4714741986_ba31209521.jpg
4714131187_fdabab9a36.jpg
4714114515_29d092884a.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Maximo37 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:14 pm

"Feel the Spirit. Feel the Speed."

Spring 2011 cannot come soon enough... seriously looking forward to this...

Postby doom1001 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:40 pm

So what's the thought on what kind of coaster this will be,I've heard it may be similar to Maverick which would be great as I haven't made it to CP since it opened but my brother says he thinks it's the best ride in the park.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!