Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 1007 - 2020 Roller Coaster "Candymonium" Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Reeks of Books

Re: The Hersheypark Discussion Thread

Postby CorkscrewFoley » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:15 am

So did Screamscape say what kind of coaster that could replace SDL? This is a pipe dream, but I'd love to see a park like HW pick it up...I always thought they could return Rev back to its former glory...

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby bspellx5 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:33 am

The thing about Sooperdooperlooper is it also seems to have very high capacity and always has fast crews so they get people through quickly, but it's still not that popular it doesn't seem.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby eddie200330 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:39 pm

Of course it is not gonna have long lines when there are so many other coasters there. I really hope it doesn't go anywhere because that is one of few classic rides left around anywhere that is equally enjoyable. That is where I cut the teeth of my niece and nephew at a very young age on coasters due to the lower than average height requirement it carried. With its location and topography of the area there really isn't anything off the top of my head that could feasibly take it's place along the lines of a "big" thrill ride. Didn't they have issues with Great Bear as far as why the supports are built like they are because of the creek? I really don't see anything else getting "oddball" supports for the sake of cramming a huge coaster down in Comet Hollow.
Life is a lemon and I want my money back????

He who farts in church sits in own pew.............

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby HPCrazy » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:08 am

Well my friends, I've just received a PM from a fellow member over at Keystone Thrills who knows the inside scoop (has a friend who works for the park) and has informed me the following:

Those markings in Comet Hollow are for a new roller coaster. The coaster station will either be at Creekside Catering or where the current Comet Hollow bathrooms, Tilt-a-Whirl, and former Paddleboats were. The coaster will be designed by Intamin or Premier. B&M is out of the mix. The coaster will be coming in 2012, but there's always the possibility it could be bumped up to 2011.

If you were able to walk around the areas where the new coaster will run through, you'd be amazed at the room that there is. Old walkways that haven't been used since the 70s would be used for space. The space between Comet and the Founder's Circle kiddie rides would be used. This won't be a small coaster coming in.

I do not see this happening in 2012 when the markings are already out this early. I strongly predict that this will be a 2011 project and that maybe we'll expect some kind of an announcement later this season.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:46 am

http://www.blooloop.com/PressReleases/New-Attraction-Hershey-s-Create-Your-Own-Candy-Bar-Opens-Its-Factory-Doors-for-Visitors/2294

The Hershey Company and Hershey'sChocolate World attraction announce the grand opening of their newest experience, Hershey's Create Your Own Candy Bar, an interactive, hands-on attraction that immerses guests in the candy bar creation process. The family-fun attraction marks the first time Hershey will give consumers the ability to select their favorite candy bar ingredients, see authentic equipment in operation and design packaging for their custom chocolate candy bar.

"Hershey's Chocolate World's new Create Your Own Candy Bar attraction will allow each guest to play the role of a chocolate innovator," says Amy Hahn, General Manager, The Hershey Experience. "Giving people a chance to create their own chocolate bar and see how authentic factory equipment operates is not common in the chocolate industry. It marks another reason to visit Hershey's Chocolate World."

Wearing authentic outfits, including factory aprons and hairnets, guests will become the newest member of the Hershey innovationteam. Using similar equipment as Hershey factories, guests will create their custom candy bar by pulling a lever to activate the machinery and dispense ingredients. Guests can select up to three inclusions in each bar, choosing from ingredients such as graham crackers crumbs, crisped rice, blueberry fruit gels, chocolate cookie bits, vanilla chips and rainbow jimmies. After the inclusions are added, the candy bars are drenched in pure Hershey(R)'s Milk Chocolate. Guests can even determine if they'd like to top their candy bar with Hershey(R)'s Kisses(R)-shaped sprinkles. After the bar cools, it is sealed, packaged and personalized with custom packaging that guests design at an interactive kiosk.

Unique to the chocolate industry, Create Your Own Candy Bar provides guests with the opportunity to track their customized bar in every step of the process, from start to finish, and watch as their name is transformed into its very own candy bar brand.

Create Your Own Candy Bar officially debuts to the general public at Hershey's Chocolate World attraction on Saturday, June 12, 2010 and will have an admission price of $14.95 per person, which includes the 30-minute experience and custom bar. For more information, visit HersheysChocolateWorld.com.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:49 am

^Love it!

But I'm bummed to not see 'mint' on the list of inclusions. I would LOVE to make my own Peppermint Pattie!

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby esvadj » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:14 am

I was at Hershey Park on Thursday and the Create Your Candy was open in the morning for a VIP tour. We went back in the evening and it was open to the public. After spending all day in the park with two children and a pregnant wife, I could not convince them to try it out. In fact NO ONE was doing it once they saw the 14.95 price tag. I saw a lot of people see the price and turn away.

I would have like to have done just the Hershey Kiss packaging part of the tour which is right as you enter the area, but it seems to be an all or nothing sort of tour.

(22:06:18) ajc47: who are the obnoxious ones? (22:07:16) tatertot3710: Mr. Starr, jeremie, deathbydinn

Postby tatertot3710 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:33 pm

The latest from Screamscape:

The latest rumors swirling around Hersheypark’s next big coaster project actually now throw Premier Rides into the mix with Intamin as well… and hint that B&M is now more unlikely. Many also seem to think that the project may not be until the 2012 season, though with surveying going on right now, anything can happen.
As for those markers, I’ve been contacted by a reader with some professional experience as an actual surveyor and was told that the markings we’ve seen so far have nothing at all to do with the layout of the project. All of the triangle markings found so far have a “Mag Nail” driven into the asphalt in the center and are actually “Control Points”, which are then usually number sequentially as they are created. These points mark the locations the surveyors use to work from... and not the location of the project itself. If people look hard enough, there should be more of these Control Points discovered around the site, as they are set up in a loop around the actual area where the work will be done. So once all the different Control Points are discovered, we should have a large loop surrounding the overall location of the new project area. However the loop could be quite large... much larger than the actual project itself, as I’m told that the permitter loop would also include any and all sites where other infrastructure work (electric, water, sewer, roads, walkways, etc) will also be modifed or tied into.
So really the best thing to do right now, other than to find more markers, would be to also create an overhead map showing off the location of each discovered and numbered marker as time goes on.
Last Credit: Stinger (Dorney Park, 4/28) -- Bringing coaster count to 83

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby rcg19 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:21 pm

Deleted by user
Last edited by rcg19 on Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:15 pm.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Jinx » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:32 pm

Sorry to jump in with a random question, but how crowded is the park on Sundays in the summer? I live about 2 hours away and I haven't been in 10 years, but the only day I can really go is Sundays. Is it totally brutal? Thanks!!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!