TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point Help

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a Wed/Thurs in May it *should* be pretty empty. I haven't been to CP since 2003 so I don't know what May crowds are like now, but last time we were there it was also around the same time, mid week, and the only ride that had any kind of wait was TTD.

--Robb

Are you staying at one of the CP hotels? Then you get in early and can hopefully get TTD, if not, get on Magnum or MF. Again, just get their early no matter what. TTD will have the longest line of the day by far so try and get that out of the way.

Elissa "Make sure to ride Disaster Transport for me!" Alvey

Oh man, I just remembered that I had this really bizzare dream last night! Maybe it was because the travel channel has been having all these shows on Roller coasters, but anyway, I will try to explain my dream.

So, I was at Cedar Point (I have never been to Cedar point by the way), but it was weird because it was situated on the border of two states, like Maryland and Georgia or something (Yes, I know those two states dont border each other, but my brain thought they did last night). Anyway, in my dream, the park was really nice, kind of like BGW, but I couldnt find any of the coasters. The park map was terrible and it only had one of the coasters on it. It was more like a brochure. The park closed at 6, and this was the only time i could go, and of course it was like 2 in the afternoon, so I was rushing to get on something. So, I eventually found Millenium Force, but it was closed. They failed to tell us that it was closed until after we got in the que line, but at that point they piled us into a large room, turned off the light, and there was a ride op (old by the way) standing there. The lights went off, and a glow stick was thrown at me. He then said that the ride was closed, but he showed is a POV video of it instead.

After that we tried to find Dueling Dragons (which I know isnt at CP) which was really called something like duece dragons or something, but it was in the middle of a construction zone. Not to mention that it was an indoor ride where it turned into a haunted house thrill ride you would find at Universal Orlando. So, we left that and tried to get food. But then we found one of my friends who had already ate so I grabbed McDonalds while we walked. I only ate half of my 2 burgers (I remembered in my dream that the last time I had McDonalds I got sick). So then we tried to get a ride on this white coaster, but it was all themed around food.

Finally, the park was closing, but I really wanted a ride on Millenium Force. At that point gravity got turned off or something because I was able to bounce all over the place like in a video game. So I ended up jumping over the MF brake run where i could see inside the que line to see it was empty. My alarm went of in the middle there, but the dream continued after I hit the snooze button.

Whew, That was most of my dream. F*$# up! I guess you could say it was a trip from hell.

Rob "Hopes his Cedar Point trip in August doesnt go like that" D

We have gone to CP mid-week either the second or third week in May for the past 4 years or so and you won't have to worry about lines. Even TTDs line shouldn't be bad. Who knows, we might even be there one of those days.

If you go at the right time CP's crowd's are pretty low, I believe weekdays in May (check there are no school physics days) are a good bet.

The last week that CP is open on weekdays is also low crowds - I was there on Monday last year (Aug 31 I think), and I didn't have to wait more than 15 mins for Dragster, actually got bored of riding it by the 7th time that day. Everthing else except Millenium Force was walk on.

Edited by downunder

Oh man, I just remembered that I had this really bizzare dream last night! Maybe it was because the travel channel has been having all these shows on Roller coasters, but anyway, I will try to explain my dream.

So, I was at Cedar Point (I have never been to Cedar point by the way), but it was weird because it was situated on the border of two states, like Maryland and Georgia or something (Yes, I know those two states dont border each other, but my brain thought they did last night). Anyway, in my dream, the park was really nice, kind of like BGW, but I couldnt find any of the coasters. The park map was terrible and it only had one of the coasters on it. It was more like a brochure. The park closed at 6, and this was the only time i could go, and of course it was like 2 in the afternoon, so I was rushing to get on something. So, I eventually found Millenium Force, but it was closed. They failed to tell us that it was closed until after we got in the que line, but at that point they piled us into a large room, turned off the light, and there was a ride op (old by the way) standing there. The lights went off, and a glow stick was thrown at me. He then said that the ride was closed, but he showed is a POV video of it instead.

After that we tried to find Dueling Dragons (which I know isnt at CP) which was really called something like duece dragons or something, but it was in the middle of a construction zone. Not to mention that it was an indoor ride where it turned into a haunted house thrill ride you would find at Universal Orlando. So, we left that and tried to get food. But then we found one of my friends who had already ate so I grabbed McDonalds while we walked. I only ate half of my 2 burgers (I remembered in my dream that the last time I had McDonalds I got sick). So then we tried to get a ride on this white coaster, but it was all themed around food.

Finally, the park was closing, but I really wanted a ride on Millenium Force. At that point gravity got turned off or something because I was able to bounce all over the place like in a video game. So I ended up jumping over the MF brake run where i could see inside the que line to see it was empty. My alarm went of in the middle there, but the dream continued after I hit the snooze button.

Whew, That was most of my dream. F*$# up! I guess you could say it was a trip from hell.

Rob "Hopes his Cedar Point trip in August doesnt go like that" D

wow i found that completely hilarious!!!!!!!!!

June is a different story. Most of the schools are out, and the crowds pick up a little bit. During mid-week it should be managable due to CP's excellent operations (most of the time), but I would recommend staying onsite and getting in early. Especially traveling from such distances.

It is still much, much better than visiting in July and August.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is CP like mid-week in June ?.

Our last two visits were weekdays in July and I found the crowds very manageable. I think the longest lines at the time we for the newest coasters (Millenium and Wicked Twister) and we got around that by having early entry due to staying at their value resort, Breakers Express.

Shari "I love CP" Shoufler

Looking at trip reports on other sites and from personal experience, it is not busy at ALL during the week in May. All the locals are still in school and the Lake still makes it a bit colder. That is the time of year to go if you want really short lines. I've seen reports of Dragster rides upwards of 7 or 8.