TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood!!!

Im gonna hit up Dollywood opening day and was just wondering if it was going to keep me busy all day? How are the rides there, and all around is it a good park? I have heard many good things about it in the past so it should be a fun day!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like Dollywood. There's enough there to occupy a whole day or even 1 1/2 days. The employees are friendly and the food is tasty. The rides are pretty cool. Thunderhead is an intense ride, but it doesn't give too much airtime. The Tennesee Tornado is a good Arrow looper that didn't bang my head around. There's also some good flats and other neat stuff to see.

I really love this park also, but for me it isn't a full day park. Instead I like to be there for opening, and when I'm done hit up Ober Gatlinburg with the alpine slide, or any of the other Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge Attractions.

It really depends on what you're into and how busy it is to determine how long you'll be there.

Elissa "ride Mountain Sidewinder!" Alvey

If you like shows, I could see spending a full day.I went in December so I missed all the water rides.Maybe thats why it seemed so quick of a park.

We did 12 laps on Thunderhead, 6 on Blazing Fury and around 8 on Tennesee Tornado. That said, I think you could get a whole day in if you wanted to.

I think that you could spend a full day there without getting bored. It's a park where you can take your time and still get more than your fill of everything they have to offer. Thunderhead and Tennessee Tornado are both great rides, and in my opinion the best of their manufacturers.

^^We missed the Sidewinder when we went. After seeing video of it I'm really sorry that we did, it looks like tons of fun.

If it is your first time there, I could definately see spending the whole day. If you like country music (guilty here), then you willl have no problem finding stuff to do. If not, there is still quite a bit left to eat up a day.

// Highly suggest staying in Gatlinburg over Pigeon Forge

My only input is don't go there thinking that it is a small sized park, when I first went I was floored by how long it took us to walk from Thunderhead to Tennessee Tornado. The park is kind of an upside down 'T' shape, and Thunderhead is WAY to the Left and Tennessee Tornado is way in the back so don't go back and forth between TT and Thunderhead to much cause you'll be beat!

it's hilly terrain, you'll get a good work-out.

If you're into watching craftsman, you could easily spend all day there.

Make sure you check out the monster Chimes. Those things are awesome!

I liked the food there a lot better than 6flags.

Also, it is a beautiful park, and the cleanest park i've ever seen.

Edited by FlyingScooter

I really love this park.... nice variety of rides and attractions. If you are just there for "thrill rides" you won't need but about a half day, but if you are into the whole theme park experience you could definitely make a full day of it.

Shari "I love any park with a Tilt A Whirl" Shoufler

A lot of people seem to like it, there is a lot to do and ride. It really isn't my cup of tea but I'm sure you will enjoy it. The Tennesee Tornado was alright, I enjoyed it the 3 times I went on it. I wasn't there for Thunderhead though. I really need to ride more wooden coasters.

^Yeah but the sad thing was...it's starting to show a bit of Arrowness. When we rode it last year, it was noticeably more rough. Don't get me wrong, it is still by far the smoothest Arrow multi-looper, but it did concern me a bit!

Elissa "Oh where is our beloved Alan Schilke!!!! " Alvey

Last year was my first year at DW and Pigeon Forge for that matter.

It was one of the best vacations I've ever been on.

The Chutes at Ober Gatlingberg are fun. It sure seemed odd riding ski lifts w/out snow though, not used to looking down and seeing green.

You and Robb were right about what you said about the Nascar Place. I liked the other go kart places better.

No lack of places to eat around there either. We stayed like a week in PF. did a ton of hiking and sight-seeing.

Flying( who wants to drive a Zamboni some day) Scooter.

We are season pass holders and will be there for "Sneak Preview" on Friday, 3-25. Opening day for the GP will be on Saturday, 3-26 and we'll be there that day as well. "Festival of Nation's" will be premiering on 3-26 so that, along with the three coasters and discovering the 10 new flats in the Country Fair section should be more that enough for a full day if not a full two days. Take your time to enjoy the side attractions which some people may overlook when visiting. These include: An area and display of unreleasable American Bald Eagles, An authentic Steam Locomotive ride back up the mountain, and an International crafts market and food court. Make sure you try one of the four sit down restaurants (two have all you can eat), my personal favorite is Granny Ogle's Ham-n-Beans. Find and ride the Slidewinder. Hope you have a great trip to Dollywood. The crowd can vary from light moderate to light heavy on this day according to the weather. The park is actually opening to the GP about a week earlier that normal. The official Grand Opening weekend is the following weekend. The Grande Madam, Dolly herself will be in the park on that Saturday.

Take it easy,

DAC

Lets just say, If I lived anywhere near Tennessee, I would be a season pass holder. Dollywood is one of my most favorite parks. The rides, the food the bluegrass, I like to spend 2 days there, dont forget the water park. Is it opened this early?? If so your going to have a blast!