TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Are they really that bad?  

1. 1. Are they really that bad?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first year Mind Eraser was open at Six Flags America it was great: very smooth and ran great. I rode it about 10 times that day. Flash forward a few years and it is awful. I hate the new very restrictive OTSR's and the ear banging. Now if a park has an SLC, I will ride it once for the credit and pray that the headache will not last all day.

As others have said, the layout is fun (original at one point, now just blah). The footchoppers are terrific and the inversions (not counting the banked turns like some parks do) are really interesting. Sadly though, a good portion of them were constructed poorly (thats what happens when a ride only costs a fraction of a B&M) and the trains just don't handle the course properly. I'd like to blame a good deal of it on the restraints, but its also just the stationary positioning of the wheel assemblies. If Elissa can spin the wheels on the ride while its in the station, its gonna be a rough ride, as can be seen in many TPR videos of yesteryear.

Well i've seen mixed reactions today. It's a very close poll! I'm sorry to say i've never ridden one but I would really love to. And even though they are cheap vekoma's they're still an attraction, just a cheaper way to attract guest...may not be the smoothest way(lol thats a pun) but it still boosts the crowds. They look so amazing, and the layout looks so great, but when I always see people telling me how bad they were and how bad their heads hurted, I had mixed reactions...doesn't mean I wont try it! Thx for posting here!

P.s. hope those headaches go away

p.s.s. sorry i didnt post back sooner....i started this at about 11 last night and i just got home from school! I didnt think it would be thins big this soon.

Throwing my two cents in...I've never ridden an SLC that I'd care to repeat. I've done T2 (SFKK), Thunderhawk (Geauga), Mind Eraser (Darien Lake) and Top Gun (PCW). Each seemed like it was worse than the last. I've never had anything close to a pleasant ride on any one of them. So yeah, I had to mark "yes, they are that bad!"

-Julie

Canobie Fan wrote:

And then BDK in the back row is by far the worst B&M ever made.... It makes the SLC next to it seem FUN

Oh please, Captain Exaggeration. Dark Knight is not that bad - even in the back row. There are quite a few B&M's that are just as rough, if not rougher.

I've only ridden Konk---er, Kong---at SFMW. Before riding, I'd heard all the horror stories about these evil Vekoma creations, but I never had any bad rides on it. Of course, my last ride was in 1999, so maybe it's gotten worse...I haven't heard one way or another.

Eric

I've been on a few slc's and they're rough but not all of them. The layout is good that's also what a few others think but I never ride a SLC on the backseat because they are On that spot the roughest But their are other rollercoaster that are even more worse and rougher dan an SlC and yes i rode a coaster that was rougher than an SLC

I've been on Hangman at Wild Adventures... that has been the only SLC that I've riden. To tell you the truth, either they keep theirs very well maintained, or SLC's in general aren't that bad. It's actually one of my favorite rides, you can't really beat the leg choppers you get on it

Canobie Fan wrote:

And then BDK in the back row is by far the worst B&M ever made.... It makes the SLC next to it seem FUN

Oh please, Captain Exaggeration. Dark Knight is not that bad - even in the back row. There are quite a few B&M's that are just as rough, if not rougher.

Like what? I would take Mantis, PCs Vortex, and Iron Wolf over BDK.

Out of the four SLC's I've been on, (T2 at SFKK, Kong at SFMW, Thunderhawk at GL, and Mind Eraser at SFNE) there is not a single one I would want to ride again. Just enough time has elapsed between each one that I think to myself, "It wasn't really all that bad, was it?"

Yes, yes it is that bad. I'll ride them once for the credit, and that's about it.

Hangman at Wild Adventures is the smoothest SLC I've been on. And I've been on 17 of the damn things!!!

Wow, everything just gets better and better for next year!

I've booked my flights to Orlando, my holidays are good to go, and for once I'm gonna be riding a SLC that I'll enjoy!