Liseberg Discussion Thread

Pg 272: Valkyria Construction Tour
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Books are dumb

Re: The Liseberg Discussion Thread

Postby Loefet » Sun May 30, 2010 1:48 pm

Stopped by Liseberg today since it was the last day that Lisebergtornet was operation before it's transformation into AtmosFear.

First up today was the tower, free of charge!!

Next time you have this view you might shit your pants

Park from above!!

There will be a massive changes made to the mountain over the coming seasons

Can't wait for them to transform this slow ride

Gothenburg Wheel

Now for some shots of what is going to be the future station of AtmosFear

When the tower opened, as UFO23, this space were filled with Liseberg Rabbits

It were the location where they came crashing down to Earth, hence the initial name of the tower

In the year 2000 when Liseberg opened Kaninresan (kiddy rabbit boat ride) they were moved from this location, which stopped the tower to first lower down to the Rabbit world before rising to the top

It have since then been an empty hole which soon will be filled again!!

I wrap this all up with a panorama image from the top of the tower.

Click thumbnail for large image.

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:42 pm

Europe to America: You need to do this STAT!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby thrillerman1 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:58 pm

Lucky you Peter and Marcus! This thing is going to be almost as amazing as a Max burger. ;-)

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby _Joel_ » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:09 pm

I passed Liseberg earlier today and saw that they have begun to rebuild the Liseberg Tower. I think it will be a great ride!
DSC_0108.JPG
The entrance and the former Liseberg Tower.
DSC_0114.JPG
The rebuilding has begun at the top of the tower.
CSC_0118.JPG
The top!

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby _Joel_ » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:13 pm

Here can you follow the construction of AtmosFear: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=17022&id=119312944764947

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby _Joel_ » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:45 pm

Two days ago, me and a friend of mine did a spontaneous trip to Liseberg. I had only my mobile camera with me, but here are three Balder photos:
DSC00053.jpg
Balder!
DSC00057.jpg
Balder again!
DSC00058.jpg
Two Intamin roller coasters :)

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby _Joel_ » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:11 pm

I have found two old video clips from Liseberg at SVT's website (Swedish television).

This one is from the park's 40th anniversary. (1963) http://svtplay.se/v/1989375/oppet_arkiv/liseberg_1963?sb,k103034,1,f,103036

This video contains a short POV of the Vekoma inverted roller coaster HangOver, and scenes from the inside of the Gasten Ghost Hotel (Spökhotellet Gasten). (1998) http://svtplay.se/v/1987589/oppet_arkiv/spokhotellet_gasten?sb,k103034,3,f,103036

Enjoy!

Books are dumb

Postby Loefet » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:15 am

^^^ I didn't know that Liseberg had a Facebook page, might be a reason to get an FB account then....

^ I really love the old one, just pure bliss to see the history of Liseberg, I really hope that they will put up more in the future.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Olov » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:35 am

Well I guess the staff at Liseberg felt equally as nostalgic as they have put up some pictures of past rides on their facebook. Most rides no longer remains at the park. Some excellent pictures of the old wooden roller coaster as well.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=15543&id=119312944764947&comments#!/album.php?aid=15543&id=119312944764947

Books are dumb

Postby Loefet » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:26 am

Liseberg names Andreas Andersen as the successor for the CEO post in the Liseberg group, when Mats Wedin retires February 1:st next year.
He have great experiences within the business, worked for Tivoli A/S between 2001-2008, have been leading the IAAPA (Europe branch) since 2008 and is also the person in charge of the EAS show.
So I wish him good luck in the future, and let he continue with the Liseberg success story!!

Link to press release: LIseberg [Swedish]

ADMIN EDIT: I've gone ahead and added the official press release in English that Liseberg has sent us regarding this announcement.

Liseberg today announced that Andreas Andersen will replace Mats Wedin as CEO and President of the Liseberg Group, when he retires early next year.

Andreas Andersen has worked in a variety of leadership positions at Tivoli Gardens from 2001 and 2008, and has since 2008 lead IAAPA’s* European office in Brussels.

“I am very happy and honoured to be appointed for this position. Liseberg has a special status in the attractions industry and plays an important role in the city of Gothenburg. And most important, Liseberg has a very special place in my heart” said Andreas Andersen.

“My ambition is to maintain the traditions of Liseberg, but at the same time also make sure that the park constantly renews and re-invents itself to serve the guests of the future” Andersen added.

Also Liseberg is pleased with the appointment.

“Andersen has an extensive operational experience from the park business, combined with an international outlook and a passion for the industry. The Liseberg Board of Directors is very pleased with this selection” says the Chair, Göran Johansson.

Andreas Andersen takes over from Mats Wedin 1. February 2011.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:57 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!